• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickle talent in Xanth

hikkchik

I don't know if any of you read the Xanth novels by Piers Anthony, but in ROC AND A HARD PLACE there is a brief tickling scene. First, if you don't know anything about Xanth, it's a fantasy land & most residents have a magic talent, such as levitation, being able to find anything, shape shifting, etc...you get the idea. Anyway, here's the paragraph:

A mischievously smiling young woman appeared. "I am Nine Line. My talent is to tickle at a distance." She gestured with her hands, and suddenly Metria exploded into helpless laughter, because she was being teribly tickled. She had to form a layer of impervious shellac all over her body before she was able to withstand it. Then the tickle started in her throat, making her cough.

It reminds me of a brief sequence in one of the Wild Cards shared-world anthology novels edited by George R. R. Martin. The sadly Out-of-Print series is about how society would be affected by real super-powered mutants, who are divided into two categories: Aces, who are typical comic-book supers with amazing powers, and Jokers who are freakishly deformed or have useless mutations.

In one of the later volumes (either #8: One-Eyed Jacks, or #9: Jokertown Shuffle, I can't remember), a page or two involves a member of the Joker community who goes by the name Giggle. She is decribed as a not-unattractive normal-looking woman who is constantly struggling to hold in tormented laughter. It is explained to a confused onlooker that her mutated nervous system registers every tactile sensation from the shirt on her back to the soles of her feet on the floor as being tickled. Giggle is chosen as a test subject for a villain's designer drug called Rapture, which makes all sensations deliriously pleasurable. He tells her that "You won't stop feeling tickled, but now you'll enjoy it." Giggle spends the remaining few sentences of her appearance rolling on the floor and laughing with unrestrained delight as she strips to apply the blue powder to as much of her skin as possible.

I sometimes wonder about these science-fiction writers. I imagine these geeky guys who can't get a girl sitting alone in their rooms writing out tickle fantasies in their stories. :cool:

As a geeky guy who can't get a girl who sits alone in his room writing out tickle fantasies in stories, I feel behooved to defend the honor of my ilk!

I'm really not sure how though . . .

But hey, people seem to like my stories! Don't make me organize a massive support rally to the tune of "We Are The Champions" like at the end of "Revenge of The Nerds"!

Circle up the wagons. The geeks are getting hostile. I can hear the opening piano riff of "We are the Champions".

I've met cool Geeks in my life and those with my tickling
love have me on their side. Just imagine Ogre with a batman t-shirt. ;)

DK

Always good to have a superhero in your corner! Now, if only I can find my Betty Childs . . .

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back