• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Story lenght - what would you prefer?

Intotheworld

TMF Novice
I'm want to finish a story I started with a long time. Now I'm getting more active on this forum, so want to finish it so you peepz can read it aswell :)

BUT! The story is already about 4000 words. In my document it's 6 pages with letter size 11 in font calibri. For me that's a lot, I like long stories, but in this case I wont make it to the end in one evening because I'm a really slow reader.

What I want to know is what you prefer in the length of a story

Rather than focus on or be concerned about length I would instead recommend paying attention flow, pacing and 'scenes'. Consistent flow and pacing -- basically how much of the story you want to focus on specific elements and how much you think is appropriate. As for my use of the word scenes -- I would count a scene change as tickling one foot to both, in socks and then out, switching focus on body parts or how the lee/ler is reactive. A scene change might be a break from the tickling for some word play before focusing back upon it, but, you know.

As for the narrative, again I wouldn't worry about length. Instead, ensure that you're spending an appropriate amount of time on the elements that need addressing. If some specific section feels too short or long to you, adjust it.

You can also segment the story into multiple parts if you think the narrative works better that way. I broke a single story into multiple parts recently roughly around (definitely not exactly) scene changes and kept the sections at about 1k words, give or take.

The most important part is to do what the story needs and not worry so much about the length.

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back