• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Choose your own Adventure or Fighting Fantasy?

Cosmo_ac

4th Level Blue Feather
So, I've recently (well, probably closer to 6 months ago) found a program called Twine. Now, what this program does, is it allows you to make choose your own adventure style games. I, some time ago, posted a version of the "The Kidnapping of Princess Josie" here, in the stories section that I did up. I'll post a link here for reference:

http://www.ticklingforum.com/showth...Princess-Josie-Choose-your-own-Adventure-Game

Now, with Twine, you can do a lot of things, and it's a very cool program. You can add pictures, music, even working systems. Now, I don't know too much about the system aspects of Twine, even if it is very user-friendly, so at least for this game, I won't likely make an integrated system.

However, that doesn't mean there can't be some system in this game. For those of you who are not familiar with Fighting Fantasy books, they were essentially CYOA but with the addition of a combat and item system. You would need to create a character sheet, having hit points, stats, and sometimes spells, as well as usually an item area for collecting gold and items. You would also need two six-sided dice. Basically, you would have a skill stat that you made at the start of the game when making your char, and that would be used for combat and occasional skill checks.

So, for example, say you had a skill stat of 10, and you got into a fight with a thief. The thief has a skill stat of 4. So, you roll 2 six-sided dice and add your skill of 10 to the result. Then, you roll for the thief 2 dice and add his skill stat of 4. Whoever has the highest points win's the round, and 2 stamina points are usually deducted from the loser. This continues until you lose, or they lose. It's actually very simple when put into practice.

Now, if I was more familiar with Twine, I could actually make a system that reflects this one in the actual program. As I'm not, if people wanted to play, they would more or less be on the honour system with themselves about if they won a roll, or had an item, etc.

At any rate, I thought I would get peoples thoughts on this.

I really enjoyed your Josie game back then, so I certainly would love to see another of your creations. The basic concept of a tickling game with light RPG mechanics and a character creation, combined with your outstanding writing sounds pretty much perfect to me.
I've been playing around with Twine a little bit as well long ago and if I recall the program correctly, I wouldn't be too surprised if there indeed was an option to add a combat system of some kind. I wouldn't have any idea on how exactly it would be working.
With that being said though, I feel almost inclined to think that the "honour" system might be the way to go anyway, as many people don't really play these games for the challenge, but for more primal reasons. So making a big part of the gameplay optional and thus allowing for the game to be treated more like a proper CYOA-book, might have its merrit as well.
Whatever you should eventually decide, count me in! I can't wait to see your next project. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you for the response, ogerscherge. I should point out that while I compiled the game on Twine and posted it here, the real writer of the story is Josie, whose site I link to in the original post. It was the first CYOA tickling game I had ever seen, and still has a big spot in my heart, even today, which is why when I learned about Twine and how to use it, I re-create the game using it, and put it back up.

I think you might be right about the "honour" system, so perhaps I will do that.

Sorry for the misunderstanding then. And this potential new game would be written by you instead?
Well, at first glance your writing ability seems great as well, so I am optimistic that you too would make for a fantastic author. :)

Honestly I think the text-based tickling games are an area that has much unexplored potential, specially by talented writers such as yourself, so if you are interested in making one, then I'm just as interested in playing it, regardless of the format you pick.
Now I never played any of the Fighting Fantasy games, but from your description I believe I have played something similar before and get the gist of how it works, still, take what I say with a boulder of salt. Having the skill tests and battles in the game could be fun, but if you make the game, you will have to ask beforehand if you can make the instances where you do that interesting, since they can feel repetitive real quick, it is (or so I heard) different to write a good scene and to write a good fight scene with player input.
Basically what I mean is that, if you aren't 100% sure the skill tests etc will add to the players fun, then don't bother with them, even if it seems fun. Your writing is solid enough that a CYOA would be fun based on that alone, just like HisFlyinFingers's "The Temple of Calai".
Sorry if I sound pretentious here, I just think this idea has a lot of potential and I've seem many ambitious projects on the tickling games tab dying before completion in huge part for being too ambitious, so it would be a shame for this one to have the same hurdle without need.
Anyway, good luck with this, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I like *minimal* fighting in adult games. The system you describe sounds simple yet effective, I'm all in for it. I'm just begging for any tickling game maker in existence: please don't make your game an overcomplicated grindfest. At the end of the day, we are here for tickling, not for difficult gameplay, XP grinding, RNG-rages and bullet sponge bosses, aren't we?

I don't really have the free time, but if I had, my game would have a token-based fighting system where the combat itself is just a choice of narrative paths, some of which are achieveable with skill points, some through personal preferences, and some through "win token" mechanisms, which might be an easy way out of a battle, but may have negative consequences in the story (like a corruption or reputation system... man, what wouldn't I give for a Corruption of Champions-like game with tickling and related fetish focus instead of furry/futa).

Ah, Corruption of Champions... I have had the exact same thought about this one quite often as well. Despite not really being into anything the game offers on a kink level, I still played a lot, because the gameplay was pretty nice and interesting enough on its own, so that searching the game for the very few foot fetish scenes didn't feel like a chore. But a real tickling/foot fetish game of that complexity and polish would certainly be a revelation! ^.^
You've most likely heard about it already, but one game that comes close would be Indivi's "Lust Doll". It has lots of foot and tickling related content in it, but lately it shifted heavily towards pregnancy and birth, which I, personally, couldn't find any less appealing. XD
Still a great game and one every fan of tickling games should give a try.

Edit: By the way, sorry for the OOT post.

Last edited:
Yes, Lust Doll is a good one, and I find the "pick your kink" idea appealing. Maybe it has pregnancy, expansion or whatnot in it, as for me, I don't even encounter any, because the content can be turned off.

Nothing is worse than an otherwise decent game suddenly doing a topsy-turvy and making you want to claw your eyes out.
I recall some Japanese RPG maker tickling game which appeared to be pretty decent at first sight, somebody even started translating in it, but in late game there was exactly one scene of underage content. And understandably, it was abandoned altogether. If not for that, the game would have been great.

You guys can always start playing Ai Dungeons on aidungeon.io It's a bit clunky and sometimes the storyline breaks, but it can generate infinite possibilities. So if you aren't picky....

I want to say thank you to all the people who responded with their imput. I believe i've decided on how to do that game.

While I will have instructions for those who want to play the game (ie, items, hit points, spells), I will keep it on the honour system, so if you don't have an item, for example, or get caught in combat, you can just click that you have the item or succeeded in the fight, for those who just want to play.

However, I will try and keep the game set up to reflect your choices. For a quick example, in the start of the game, you have the option to join a few of your teamates tickling another teamate. If you choose not to, later you go to collect some branches for the fire, and that's all the happens. However, if you join in the tickling, one of the female companions will flirt with you, and when you go to get the branches later, she catches up to you, and the two of you have sex. So, essentially, you should still have some unique experiences each time you play the game, depending on what choices you make, even if you don't use the system.

The game itself will be a mid-high level fantasy setting game, with most if not all the usual tropes. You will be playing a male bard for this game, and the game shall have f/m, m/f, and f/f tickling, plus other adult situations and likely some machine/magical tickling as well.

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back