• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

For SexyGameDesigns RE: Poser render speed

Dave2112

Level of Cherry Feather
**Post removed**

Last edited:
I think if you want to do 3D art you had better think about getting a fast processor with a lot of ram. I don't know if there are many ways around that. The kinds of pictures you render is also important. If you are doing things with lots of glass, mirrors and metals then all the refraction and reflection calculations will take a very long time. The same scene with flat textures will go much faster. Thus use reflection and refraction where needed but avoid when you don't if you computer doesn't have that much speed. Just my humble thoughts though.

You're pretty much dead on, Kurtch. Reflection and refraction is a bitch in serious renders. One thing I do that's helped is reduce the shadowing of my art. Actually, I don't do it because of the rendering time, but it helps. I started doing it because I liked a more "comic" look to my artwork. A lot of Poser work is very dark with deep shadows, and I wanted to go for a lighter approach. I usually dial down my Shadows from 1.000 to around .450-.650 depending on what I'm going for.

I found out the hard way Dave2112. I love playing with reflection and refraction as you can create some really weird, bizarre and beautiful effects but they do take a very long time to render. Sometimes though the time is I think worth it.:D

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back