• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Today (7/17) Tickle Robot on ABC News at Noon

Wasn't able to catch the ABC afternoon news, but I saw what you meant just a few minutes ago on the NY UPN 9 evening news. It's a small motorized thingie that looks like a soft, tiny (about 2 inches) mophead. The newscaster descibed it as being the property of a small Chelsea salon, or "tickle salon" as he put it. It rolls over the client's body, concentrating on the really ticklish spots. The news never told us WHERE this salon is specifically, except that it's in the Chelsea section of Manhattan. Hopefully someone else on this board will provide a little more info on this.

~~Peace!

I got this excerpt from NY1.com:

Robot Festival In Chelsea Shows Off Some Creative Hunks Of Metal

JULY 14, 2003

“...........You have salons, you go to for a manicure, a coiffure, and this is a salon you can to for a tickle, a caress, by robot,” says Maria Verstappen, the co-creator of Tickle Salon.

Sensors in the robot’s little arm first make a computer generated model of your body so it can figure out how best to make you giggle.

“It creates a three-dimensional shape which is displayed on the monitor, and it's going to react to that, so the more the computer knows about the shape of your body, it can stroke you more subtly and intelligently after a while,” says Verstappen. “It’s maybe like the tail of a cat when it touches your skin, when it's sweeping.”

It’s not quite Rosy from The Jetsons, but if it's not going to cook and clean for you, I guess a good back scratch isn't so bad.

Tuesday is the final day of the Robot Festival. The event ends with a discussion by a panel of robot experts beginning at 6 p.m.

For more information, either call 212-252-5193, or visit www.eyebeam.org.

No prob! And thank you Hey_Look_Its_Me, for bringing this to attention. By the way...welcome to the TMF!

the robot looks pretty neat... but I think my favorite part of this post is the wording. here http://www.xs4all.nl/~notnot/TickleSalon/TickleSalon.html they say, “When a human being is gently fondling someones body, sooner or later tiredness and slackening will appear.” you just KNOW a tickler didn’t write this. lol

wonder if it has manual-over-ride... :D

cool find.

Interesting idea

Doesn't really look like it would tickle all that much...hmmm ya never know I guess. Still, a great thought :)

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back