• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Any experienced artists?

a1532b

3rd Level Red Feather
I need serious help! I was starting on drawing a new tickle pic, when i discovered that I have absolutely no foot drawing ability whatsoever! After countless minutes searching through google for a tutorial, and comming up empty handed, i decided i'd ask here. Please, if you have any advice, a tutorial (hopefully)or anything else you could give me to learn to draw feet, i would love it! Thanks in advance for your help!

As far as I'm concerned, I hear feet are the hardest parts of the human anatomy to draw, mainly due to the size, proportions, etc. However, the great thing about cartoons is that nothing has to be perfect, as long as it's good to the eye. My advice? Just look at a lot of foot pictures, probably ones from foot fetish sites. Just study and sketch the general shape, varied toe lengths, wrinkles, etc. Being a foot man myself, I do it all time, and they are handy reference pics for my art too. As the old cliché states: Practice, practice, practice. Hope that helps to a certain degree.

Here something that I have tried it works somewhat although it is no substitute for talent. Get some pictures of womans feet. Load them into a paint program like Pant Shop Pro and apply a plug in filter like the one from picture man collection that turns a picture into a hand drawing. Several filter like this are available. Print the drawing. Now use this practice and hand trace feet. If you try enough you will be able to draw feet better and even be able to draw them bound better.

Like I said the above is no substitute for talent but I think it might help shorten the learning curve a little.

Thanks for the help, both of you.

Chimp, (if you dont mind me calling you that :D) What you said is pretty much what i've been doing. Personally though, I'm an upperbody fan, and really dont like feet at all, so I hadn't paid much attention to them before. I do have a collection of your pics on my hard drive I've been using for reference though, and they're helping greatly. Thank you.

Kurchatovium, thank you for your advice, but that seems like quite a bit of work. plus i cant trace worth a darn :D. Thanks a lot though for responding and helping though!

It'll prolly be a few weeks before i'll attempt at a foot tickling picture though, as my foot drawings right now are completely horrendous. They are, slowly, improving though, so i'll get there.(eventually) Then i gotta do fanart for the Chimp for helping me out :D

Another Prospective

Go to the Library...Xerox a few pages of 'Gray's Anatomy'
...Then Check out a few books in the art section w/ cartooning...Everything you want to draw; cars, Buildings, Anatomy, etc. should be copied,torn out of old magazines, etc. To compile a "Photo Morgue". Refer to this in your studies.
As One Graphic Artist to another, Hand are tough but feet are almost impossible...Study from any source you can get....it works!
Lightninbug-;)

Thanks for the tip, lightninbug, but I've since decided to leave the drawing to the artists. Maybe I'll try drawing again in the future, but for now I've decided to spare the world the horror of my artwork. :D

*whacks a1532b with a massive anime hammer*

NEVER GIVE UP, KEEP TRYING! NO ONES WORK IS TRULY BAD, I mean look at some of the obscure art in museums and such...ITS FINGER PAINTING THATS WORTH 2000 DOLLARS!

Keep trying, post your work, let others give you suggestions...

It's what I did back when I was 3 and started drawing ^_^

Ok, im gonna leave now as everyone is staring at me *walks away slowly*

Ow! Don't hit there, i need that to.....i forget now... oh well, must not be that important :p

Hey, thanks for your compliments. I really needed those, because I'm REALLY insecure about my stuff. I see Chimp, and Cheshire Cat (oh god, ESPECIALLY CC. I've been a fan of his for years and years, since he was Doc Insaniac. Plus, I have the just about the same B-day as the good old doc, only off by a day :( :D)

Anyay, I would LOVE for people to critisize my work, but no one does. They tend to avoid it like the plauge. Oh well, maybe one day my stuff will be good enough for people to tell me i suck :D

Myst is right -- don't give up.

Not sure if you're still wanting information, but if you are, you can try <a href="http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/feet/foot.htm">this</a>. It's not in-depth, but it does give a good foundation to build on. :)

Best of luck,
~Syn

Thanks Syn! (i love your work too, btw)

I've seen that page before, but i think I'll try it again, every little bit helps....I hope...:D

Dunno if it's sound, but if you have Poser, you might use it to study some anatomy. It helped me a bit, esp. some poses you can't really get on mainstream sources.

Poser's hands and feet aren't perfect, BUT they are the next best thing to a plaster cast. :)

Keep trying and never give up.
Reg's!

Great ideal Kalamos. Poser is a great way to draw stuff for beginners I think. I have Poser and I can not draw very well by free hand. Poser allows me to make some great 3d looking like art without too much effort. Its still not trivial easy but there is a lot of help and support out there for this program. Just a thought a1532b. :D :D :D

Thanks for the other tip!

I prolly won't use it though. I don't have the extra funds right now to buy one, and I'm one of the biggest sticklers against illegal downloading and piracy, so it'll be a while before i try that one out :p

Thanks though!

a1532b said:

I'm one of the biggest sticklers against illegal downloading and piracy, so it'll be a while before i try that one out :p

I've suggested using Poser because I know there was a trial version out there.

It had few of the full version features, but you could download free props [that is, 3d objects] and flesh it out a bit.

Keep in mind you don't have to resort to pirated software when freeware or shareware is out there.

Consider Poser 3 is free too. You might dig through magazines, but you could use it in a pinch.

After all you don't need the latest prog, if you only need a pointer or two on human anatomy.

That's it, my 2 eurocents. :D :D :D

Reg's.

I wish i had 2 eurocents...it's worth like a bajillion american dollars...then i could buy that poser program :p

a1532b said:
I wish i had 2 eurocents...it's worth like a bajillion american dollars...then i could buy that poser program :p

Two eurocents are worth a little more than 2 US cents... So... :D

Besides, as I said, you can download a trial version. If you are really interested in it, you could look into it yourself.

Myself, that's what I've done: I downloaded the trial and crammed it full of free stuff. Doesn't look like that barebone, now.

That's my... well, my free advice. :D
For free or discounted legal software, just look for it in budget bins or newsagents, kiosks, or whatever.

Again... Poser 3 might be free or heavily discounted now.
Not really 2 cents, but, surely cheaper than the latest bleeding edge version - and you don't need it, do ya? :D

Reg's!

:D A1532b, I'd be glad to give you some tips. :D

grippedchimp said:
As far as I'm concerned, I hear feet are the hardest parts of the human anatomy to draw, mainly due to the size, proportions, etc. However, the great thing about cartoons is that nothing has to be perfect, as long as it's good to the eye. My advice? Just look at a lot of foot pictures, probably ones from foot fetish sites. Just study and sketch the general shape, varied toe lengths, wrinkles, etc. As the old cliché states: Practice, practice, practice.
:D Word i couldn t have said it better.
as chimp said there are 2 things 1. learn to see the propotions of a foot (there tutorial out - check the poly carbon page (use google)) and 2. have some ref pics of feet around. also check how other artist draw feet (outlines /were are shadows ect.)

the only point i disagree is - hands are a lot more complicated
(and i didn t practise em as much ;) )
and if you don t wan t to scan you hand drawn pic use a prog like open canvas (should be free) for the lines

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back