• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Eve of the storm (M/F, F/M)

BOFH666

2nd Level Red Feather
Author Notes – First apologies to anyone waiting for the next part of “Do Androids Dream of Electronic Tickles?”, I kind of got sidetracked the last couple of weeks and am currently re-reading the story to get back into the characters.

Second, this is really the prologue to a much longer story I’ve been thinking about for a while. There’s only one tickling scene about a third of the way through, but those of you that make it to the end, I’d love to know if you’d be interested in reading the rest of it (once it’s written of course).

Thanks as always, and hope you enjoy it.

Eve of the storm.

The pilot’s lounge was full to bursting as Liz walked through the door. All around her the flight crews of the EFC Phoenix were laughing and joking, some talking about the war game they’d just run, others discussing the latest news from Earth, the rumoured leave at outpost 12, the merits of the latest food shipments and all the other regular, day-to-day operations of life aboard the flagship of the earth force fleet. Everyone was taking advantage of the opportunity to relax and wind down after the long tour of duty they’d just completed. Everyone, that is, save one.

Over in a darkened booth in the far corner of the lounge Liz could make out a figure cloaked in shadow, a glass of clear liquid sitting almost untouched on the table in front of him. Liz slid through the mass of people, ducking the occasional stray elbow or wild hand gesture with ease and dropped into the booth alongside him.

“Hell of a party.” She said, looking out at the people massed in the relatively small space.

“Hmm? Yeah I suppose it is.” The man said, obviously trying to avoid any further conversation.

“Okay, that’s it!” Liz snapped, “What the hell is the matter with you Connor? You’ve been staring photons at anyone that comes near you for the best part of a week now, keep this up and we’re gonna have a breach in the hull.”

Connor stared forward, seemingly not hearing her, or just ignoring the question. As she opened her mouth to demand some sort of answer, he held up a hand. “I heard you, it’s just… Look I really don’t want to talk about this.”

“Too bad, because one way or the other I’m going to get the truth out of you, even if it takes all damn night.”

“Alright, on one condition. This conversation never took place, this makes it any further than here and I’ll make your life hell, deal?”

“Deal.”

“I had a conversation with Admiral Wood recently, a conversation I’ve been trying to avoid for the best part of a year. You know Captain Marsh is leaving active service at the end of this tour, right?”

“Yeah, scuttlebutt’s had the odds on that one at even money since the start of the year. Why do you ask?”

“Fleet command wants me to take over the Phoenix once he’s gone.”

“And this is a problem why? If I’d been offered a chance to head up the best ship and crew Earth Force has, I sure as hell wouldn’t be acting like someone had died.”

“I know, it’s a tremendous opportunity, and I couldn’t ask for a better ship, or crew for that matter, it’s, well, this is going to sound silly.”

“Try me.”

“How long have you been doing this, flying I mean?”

“Ever since I was old enough to enlist, figure seven years give or take.”

“So that’s what, 5 years on the front in active service after training, something like that?”

“I guess so, why?”

“How old do you think I am Liz?”

Liz paused for a moment, sensing an awful lot more behind the question than a simple mid-life crisis. “I’ve never given it much thought, I suppose twenty nine, thirty?”

“Thirty five. I joined up about six months after we encountered the Val, told them I was eighteen rather than sixteen and enlisted. Before that, I’d spent most of my childhood in and out of ships, hovercraft, atmosphere racers, shuttles, anything that could fly. It’s all I’ve ever wanted to do, what I’m best at.” He trailed off, leaving a lull that Liz felt obligated to fill.

“If it helps, you’re still the best damn pilot I’ve ever seen. Your kill record is so far ahead of everyone else I don’t think it’ll ever be beaten, and you can still smoke anyone on this ship in an exercise nine times out of ten.”

“And that’s the problem lass. The only thing I’ll be flying is a desk, short of a few training flights my stick time’s over in a couple of weeks.”

“Well, surely you’ve thought about this before, what you’d do when the war ended?”

“Honest answer? No not really, never thought I’d make it this far. Always thought I’d die in the cockpit, alone in the dark and cold. And now I’m being given the chance to avoid that, I find I’m reluctant to even consider it.”

“Then don’t, turn down the offer and stay as a wing commander, god knows we could use you.”

“Sadly, I don’t have that option. It’s either this or moving to a training role back on Mars.”

“What! You’re kidding me, right? Who told you that?”

“Admiral Wood, about three seconds before telling me flying was a game for the young.”

They sat in silence for a minute, Liz’s mind reeling as she tried to contemplate the sheer rear echelon lunacy that would take one of the best pilots in Earth Force history away from the front line purely because of his age, knowing there was nothing she could say or do to change that decision and searching desperately for a way to ease the pain from what amounted to a slap in the face that Connor had received.

“You know the worst part?” Connor said, staring off at the far wall “I’m beginning to think he’s right.”

“That’s bullshit!” Liz snapped, eyes flaring “you know damn well you can fly rings around any other pilot on this tub, why on earth would you think he’s right?”

“Because I’m tired Liz. I’m tired of fighting, tired of having to count the dead after each mission, tired of wondering why I made it back and not someone else. Tired of asking myself what else I could have done to keep those kids alive, and most of all tired of this war. When was the last time we did anything more than skirmish action? Sure we hit border outposts and supply depots but that’s not going to end this thing any time soon. It’s become comfortable, after a fashion at least, so long as the civilians and those in charge back home are safe, they don’t care about what happens to us, provided the Val’s don’t gain any real ground over us, they’re happy to let things stay status quo.”

Liz stared at Conner for a long moment, wondering who she was looking at, where the confident pilot who could make a fighter dance on a dime had gone. Her mind, raced, looking for something, anything, to help and suddenly an idea formed, crystallising in an instant. She got up, grabbing Conner by the hand as she went and dragging him up behind her.

“Come with me, I think there’s something you need to see.” She said and led him out of the lounge to the nearest drop tube, heading for the hanger bay. As they walked out into the vast expanse of the bay she headed right, towards an access panel leading into the tunnels running alongside the fighter launch tubes. Popping the panel open she crawled inside and was relieved to hear Connor moving into the tube behind her. Moving as fast as she could she headed down the tunnel on her hands and knees until she reached the end and popped the airlock on the observation bubble mounted to the outside of the hull. She curled up inside the transparent dome, her body floating now they were outside of the ships artificial gravity field and Connor squeezed in next to her. She lent back and shut the hatch, effectively isolating them from the rest of the ship.

They were riding on the very front of the ship, the bubble itself was designed to allow maintenance teams to perform close up visual inspections on the ends of the launch tubes without needing to don space suits and the view was staggering. Behind and to the sides, the ship seemed to stretch to infinity, a mass of metal so huge it seemed impossible for any race to have built such a thing. Then the eye was drawn forward, to the star field in front, and suddenly infinity took on a whole new meaning.

“See that?” Liz whispered, watching Connor’s face as he gazed into the blackness. “That’s where we’re going Connor, you, me everyone, we’re going to the stars. That’s why we’re here, that’s why we fight, because there is nothing behind us but our history, what’s out there is the future.”

She paused for a moment, running her next words carefully through her mind, wanting to make sure she got this right.

“Just before I left for the academy, my mother took me out to our garden one night, sat me down and told me to look up at the stars. She was a pilot too, retired before we met the Val’s of course but she was damn good in her day. She said she wanted to say something to me before I left, something she thought might come in useful. “Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss will stare into you. So remember to look away once in a while.” I didn’t understand of course, I was too young and stupid; I hadn’t been out here and seen this for myself. But after a few years I realised what she meant.”

Liz turned, facing Connor as she lifted a hand to his chin and pulled his eyes up to meet hers. “We may live out here, and most of us may die out here, but never forget why we’re here, and what’s waiting for us somewhere else in the universe.” With that she lent forward and kissed him, bracing her legs against the sides of the bubble to stop herself floating away in the zero g environment. For a moment Connor stayed still, shocked by what was happening, then his hands came up to embrace her and he returned the kiss strongly, passionately. After what seemed like a brief eternity they split apart, Liz fighting to hide the desire in her eyes, not wanting to scare him away, Connor searching his memories for any signs he may have missed that this was even a possibility.

“Not that I’m complaining, but what was that for?” he asked.

“You know, for the fleet champ in situational awareness, you can be blind as a bat to anything not visible from a cockpit.” She replied. “I’ve wanted to do that since, oh, about half a second after a first saw you, I just never had the courage to do anything about it.”

“Why, I didn’t think I was that scary?” Connor said, a smile twitching the corner of his mouth upwards.

“Well, you can be.” Liz said, “I mean, you’re this near mythical figure to everyone that goes through the academy, it seems like half the final flight exams are based on missions you flew, and I know your real life scores on at least six of those sims are still higher than any graduation class has managed. You’re always the one we can rely on when we’re out there, someone to save us if possible, avenge us if not, it’s kind of hard to see beyond that image at times.”

Connor looked straight at her, finally reaching a decision. “Liz, tell me something straight, okay? What do you think I should do? Command the Phoenix or go to Mars?”

“Oh no.” Liz replied, raising her hands defensively “you’re not getting me to make this decision, this should be your call.”

“I’ve already made it, I just want to see what you think?”

“Like I’m falling for that trick.”

“Come on, tell me.” Connor said, bringing his feet up behind him so that his soles were planted against the side of the bubble, knees bent underneath him.

”No, no and thrice no. Work this one out on your own.”

“I can always make you tell me you know…” Connor said, throwing a playful, challenging note into his voice that, he hoped, would go straight to the stubborn pride that all fighter pilots seemed to carry with them.

“Oh really? There’s nothing you can do to me that will make me tell you anything, sir.” She replied, throwing in her own challenge with the ‘sir’. Connor simply smiled and shoved off the side of the bubble, shooting across the small space like a rocket, his arms wrapping around her body and sending them both tumbling. He hung on to her waist, wrapping his legs around her thighs and back around to lock his feet behind her shins. Once he had a good grip he relaxed his hold with his right hand and brought his fingers up to the hollow of Liz’s right armpit.

“What the? What are you.. hey, hey that’s, no, no, narggghh, not fair, nooooooo.” Liz yelled, twisting and thrashing in his grip as his fingers explored her sensitive skin, the thin material of her flight suit offering little protection from his questing fingers.

“As I said, I can get an answer out of you one way or the other my dear…” Connor whispered into her ear, and despite her predicament Liz found her body shivering in anticipation at his words. Still holding her tightly his fingers started to move slowly, teasingly over her side, more a teasing touch than a tickling one and Liz found herself relaxing in his grip.

As she did so Connor shifted his body slightly and moved his hand from her hip across to her stomach and started poking and prodding her belly. Liz was caught by surprise and doubled over with sudden, unexpected laughter, the motion sending them tumbling slowly head over heels. She shrieked and twisted hard to the right, reaching her arms out to the wall as she did so as a brace. Now it was Connor who was caught off guard, the extra spin dislodging his grip and sending him bouncing softly off the far side of the bubble. Looking up he barely had time to blink in surprise as Liz launched herself towards him, landing astride him with her arms and legs spread-eagled to absorb her momentum.

Grinning she shoved off the side with her arms, flipping backwards, her legs locking around Connor’s waist, using him as a pivot point so that she ended up with their legs entwined, her feet at the small of his back, his feet sitting on her stomach. Reaching down she tugged his boots free and raked her fingers over the exposed soles. She expected a howl, a burst of laughter, hell even a giggle would have been better than the silence she received.

Curious she glanced up and saw Connor’s face covered in a mask of concentration, his eyes closed, muscles relaxed as if he were meditating on the secrets of the universe. Watching carefully she raked her fingers across both feet, and thought she detected a slight twitch of his cheek. Encouraged she set to work, using every ounce of skill and dexterity she possessed against her target. Her hands flew over his feet, constantly varying their pattern and intensity. One moment she’d be trying light strokes the length of his soles, the next intense scratching on the balls of his feet, and then flicking her fingertips between his toes.

It was this last avenue that caused a reaction, a slight tremor that passed through Connor’s whole body, and she grinned triumphantly as she attacked his helpless toes full force. She jammed a finger in between each toe and set to work, wiggling and scratching the skin hidden there for all she was worth. Within minutes Connor was shaking from the effort of controlling his reaction, a red heat passing up his face as his resistance slowly crumbled. It needed only one thing to take him over the edge and she had just the thing.

Moving quickly she pushed gently off the side of the bubble, sliding down his body, using her own booted feet as a brake until his feet rested just below her face. She bent her head forward, fully intending to take those helpless toes one at a time into the wet depths of her mouth and lap each twitching digit into submission. She never got the chance.

Connor exploded into action, hands bracing off the wall to flip them over, and now it was Liz caught unawares. She found herself face down on the Plexiglas dome, felt Connor pull his legs up and away from her grasp as she instinctively put her hands out to absorb the impact. A weight settled onto her back and she suddenly found her ankles being pulled up and heard a ripping noise from behind her. Then something was wrapped around her ankles and tied tight, a hand played at her waist for a moment and she found her ankles effectively hogtied to one of the equipment loops on her flight suit. All this happened in the space of a second or two and once she’d recovered from the initial shock she found she had no leverage on the surface of the dome, no way to force Connor off her, no way to stop him doing whatever he wanted.

As the thought entered her mind she felt a pair of hands slide down her legs and start to tickle at about the midpoint of her thigh, the lowest easily available portion of her legs with her ankles bound like this. She buried her face against the cool wall of the dome and let the laughter come. The hands moved slowly up her thighs, teasing and tickling their way higher and higher, always moving as her laughter gradually increased in both pitch and volume. Finally the hands hovered at the very top of her inner thigh, bestowing a tickle upon her that, though light and masked by her flight suit, was enough to have her howling and thrashing as best she could in her compromised position. A hand brushed a fraction higher, a touch as light as the solar winds across her mound and she arched her back, her hips bucking upwards.

Continued

“Ah ah.” Conner said from his position above her, “not until you answer my question.”

Liz knew she was on the edge of breaking, but some part of her refused to quit. “N..nhaha…no…..I….” she gasped, trying to find breath between the laughter to give a straight answer.

“No? How about if I do this?” Connor asked, shifting his hands up, away from her aching need and onto her ass, his fingers diving and rolling over her curves as if he were recreating a battle for a class on the tactical display.

Liz felt her mind blank; she’d never imagined she could be this ticklish in that particular area of her body, never known just how sensitive she was there. Her laughter became silent, great howls of protest that she simply didn’t have the air in her lungs to voice, her head shook from side to side as those damnable fingers flying ever faster on her cheeks and she knew she’d lost.

“Oh…okay…I’ll….nononot….nomore….I’lltellyoujustSTOP!” she yelled, using the last of her self control to blurt out the words. Immediately Connor stopped his explorations and untied her ankles, flipping her over gently beneath him so he could see her face. As he came into view she noted his flight suit was missing a sleeve and glanced down at the discard cloth that had held her so securely.

“I…I think you should….take the Phoenix.” She gasped, still trying to draw air back into her lungs. “You’d be respected…by everyone aboard…..and I know you….can…command attack fleets well. We’ll be safer with you…in command than someone new.”

For a long moment Conner gazed at her, then a smile lit up his face and for the first time since she’d entered the pilots lounge seemingly a lifetime ago she saw the man she’d grown to love while flying on his wing, the man that had been a role model to so many pilots in the fleet. He looked like he wanted to say something, but instead he dropped his head to hers and their lips met in a kiss that made the stars outside cold in comparison. They melted into each other’s arms and nothing, not the infinite darkness outside, the roar of fighters taking off on patrol, or the blackness of the abyss troubled them for some time.

Two days later Connor stood in front of Captain Marsh’s desk, his letter of acceptance sitting on the polished black wood between them. Captain Marsh looked up at the wing commander standing in front of him, staring at him for a long time as if reading his soul off the backs of his eyeballs, then broke into a grin and swept upright from behind the desk, hand extended.

“Congratulations Connor, I knew you wouldn’t let me down. You’ll make a hell of a Captain, and I think you’ll come to enjoy playing with the bigger ships after a while.”

“With respect sir,” Connor replied, his own smile too big not to be genuine “nothing will ever replace strapping into a fighter and going out there myself. But if I’ve got to be tied to a desk, might as well pick the best in the fleet. And thank you, coming from you, it means a lot, I’ll try not to disappoint you sir.”

“Fair enough, but if any of the fleet’s operational readiness records are still standing in a years time with you commanding this ship, I’ll be amazed. Anyway, we’d better start working out what I need to pass on to you before I leave, I…” He broke off as a siren rang through the ship, the lighting shifting from normal white to red.

Without a word both men turned and raced for the door of the office, Connor hesitating only slightly as he passed the drop chute to the hanger deck. When he’d accepted this promotion, command of Omega squadron had passed on to Commander Powell; his place was on the bridge. The two officers entered at a run, the Captain swinging into the command chair as Connor made a beeline for the tactical board.

”Captain, we’ve got a Val task force moving in on attack vector, count four, maybe five heavy cruisers and a carrier, no fighters yet but we’re picking up energy blooms from their launch bays. We’re at condition one, all fighters ready for launch, weapons and deflectors on-line.”

Marsh nodded and was about to respond when the tactical officer called out in alarm. “Captain, hyperspace portal opening right on top of us, registering one Val transport on collision course.”

“Evasive!” Marsh barked.

“There’s no time! Collision in two, one…”

The bridge dissolved into chaos, every light in the room blew as the transport impacted the top hull of the Phoenix and exploded, ripping through her systems and superstructure like a supernova. There was a groaning sound that Connor could only compare to that made by deep-sea vessels when they pushed the edge of their depth envelope, as if a huge pressure was being applied to the hull. An explosion ripped down into the bridge and an immense girder dropped into the supposedly secure area, and Connor had a brief impression of the Captain’s face as he saw the beam swing down on top of him. The shaking stopped as the explosion burnt itself out and there was an anxious moment as the crew waited for the telltale hiss of escaping air that would signify a hull breach. But there was nothing but silence in the dark confines of what suddenly felt like a floating tomb, then miraculously the emergency lighting kicked in, leaving Connor facing a crew who clearly had no-one else to turn to.

A glance was all that was needed to confirm Captain Marsh was dead, but somehow everyone else was, more or less, unhurt. A few cuts from flying metal but nothing too serious and the bridge itself seemed to be in working order. Connor took a deep breath and knew he had no choice.

“Alright people, stations. I need a damage report and I need it right now.”

“Explosion’s damaged the hull, we’re down to about fifty percent manoeuvring power, but the reactor’s still running at full. Weapons systems on the top deck are gone, but all other systems are reporting ready, deflector array intact and working at full strength, all flight decks are clear and we have communications to the other ships in the fleet. ”

“Good. Launch all fighters, Alpha and Delta are on defence duty, Beta, Epsilon, Kappa and Omega and tasked on that carrier. Bring up firing solutions on the lead destroyer, task the Osiris and Dauntless to the second destroyer; all other ships are to take targets of opportunity. They took their shot, now let’s take ours.”

Outside space was getting decidedly crowded, fighters from both sides were launching as fast as their ships could release them, and the larger ships started to jockey for position. Connor glanced at the tactical display as he paced the bridge, knowing they were in a very delicate situation. By sending four of his six flights of fighters after the enemy capital ships he was leaving them light on defensive power to counter whatever the Val’s through at them. But it was a calculated gamble, if they did through enough fighters at the Earth Force ships to try and finish them off, they’d leave their own forces vulnerable to attack, and the simple fact of the matter was the Earth Force fighters were faster, more powerful and had far better pilots.

“Captain, we’re in range of the lead cruiser, IFF has her marked as the Ravage.”

“Bring all batteries to bear on their centreline; Time on Target, I want everything to hit them at once.”

“Aye sir, time on target, firing.”

The Phoenix physically shook as she unleashed her firepower on the Ravage. Unlike the Val carrier which really was a carrier and little else, the Earth Force ships had always been designed as a cross between carrier and battle cruiser, and in a head to head battle they actually had the upper hand in firepower terms on heavy cruisers. The storm of firepower all hit at once, targeted head on to the boxy craft, ripping her deflectors apart and boring into the superstructure. The green fireball that briefly flared up was evidence enough of having hit something major, and it was followed almost immediately by a secondary explosion that seemed to cause the Ravage to shiver in space.

“Damage to enemy ship?”

“Ravage has lost its deflector shields sir, major damage to the forward sections, looks like her launch bay and main gun system are both inoperable. They’re starting to come about, looks like they’re going broadside on, I’d say their forward weapons are either down or damaged to the point they don’t want to take us on in a head to head run.”

“Match their turn, let our flank guns take them on for a moment. How many fighters has the enemy committed to attack us?”

“Only a wing sir, the rest are hanging back and engaging our forces at their capital ships.”

“Good, pull Delta wing off defence duty and form them up on the far side of the ship to the Ravage, as far forward as they can get without coming out of our shadow.”

”On it sir, twenty seconds till they’re ready.”

The Phoenix rocked again as another wave of firepower blasted from her flank. This time though the Ravage’s guns answered the fire and there was the familiar sound of impact damage as some of the power made it past the deflectors.

“Ravage is taking damage sir, she’s down to seventy percent of her port firepower.”

“Delta wing reports ready sir.”

Connor glanced at the board again, running the maths through in his head. “Alright, on my mark I want a full dispersion fire wave towards the Ravage, blind her sensors anyway you can. As soon as that happens release Delta squadron on an attack run for the nice big hole in her nose. Let’s take that thing out.”

“Dispersion wave set.”

“Fire! Release Delta!”

This time the Phoenix’s fire was different, fanning out into every part of the electromagnetic spectrum, effectively acting as an impenetrable layer of interference for the Ravage. The damage inflicted was far less, but that was only the short-term effect. Using the artificial cloud as cover, Delta squadron looped out from their rally point and stormed in on the gaping wound in the Ravage’s bow. As soon as they were within range they trigged two pairs of missiles from each fighter, sending a total of almost fifty missiles into the hole. The effect was devastating, explosions rippled down the Ravage’s sides, tearing her apart from the inside out. The entire length of the ship seemed to be ablaze with green fire in seconds, then a massive explosion rose up and swallowed the ship for a moment, before vanishing into the cold of space leaving only a hulk behind.

“Ravage is dead sir, Delta squadron reports one ship damaged in the blast, everyone else is good to go.”

“Land that ship and get him patched up. Is there still only the one wing of fighters on us?”

“No sir, Alpha just took out the last one, we’re clear for now, and the other wings are doing some serious damage over there. I’m only showing two wings total of Val fighters left, and those are a mixed bag of survivors rather than complete wings.”

“Alright, Delta can stay close to home, they’re a little low on missiles for my tastes. Release Alpha to assist the Osiris and Dauntless. Bring us about and move to point blank range with that carrier, time to finish this.”

“Yes sir, beginning manoeuvres now, estimate two minutes until we’re within range. Sir, Victory and Excalibur report the third cruiser has been destroyed, they’re moving to intercept the fourth one now, along with three wings of fighters.”

“Good. Time to primary target?”

“Ninety Seconds sir.”

“Are our missile launchers still intact?”

“Yes sir, green lights across the board.”

“Start a track on that carrier and stand by to scatter our fighters once we’re within range, this is going to get messy and I don’t want anyone caught in the crossfire, clear?”

“Yes sir, thirty seconds to target.”

“Alright, pull our fighters out now, stand by all missile batteries.”

”Ready sir, ten seconds to firing range. Five seconds. In range.”

“Fire.” Connor said, his voice dropping almost to a whisper as he said it.

The Phoenix was equipped with over a hundred missile launchers, all of which could fire a full battery of ten missiles in a little over four seconds. Every single one was targeted on the most vulnerable spot on any carrier, her landing bay. For a few moments after the order was given nothing seemed to happen, then space between the two carriers was filled with a storm of missiles, a cloud of death heading straight for the Val ship. The impact was terrible, some of the missiles impacting on the edge of their target, blowing chunks from the superstructure of the ship, others were intercepted by dedicated anti-missile fire, but the vast majority hit their targets. Almost a thousand missiles plunged into the heart of the enemy ship within a few seconds of each other and the effect was comparable in power to a nuclear detonation.

A huge explosion rose from the centre of the Val carrier, a bright green funeral pyre burning from both top and bottom decks. It stayed alight for what seemed like an eternity, as it burned the atmosphere of the ship, suffocating those not immediately killed in the blast. Then, as the fire collapsed in on itself the ship seemed to follow it, twisting in two as it structural integrity failed and, in the space of a few seconds what had been a ship over a mile long was reduced to scrap metal.

“Sir, the Osiris is reporting considerable damage, but the target has been destroyed. The forth ship is crippled and drifting, it’s launching life pods now. The last cruiser is heading out of here on maximum burn, looks like it’s heading for the nearest gate. Shall we pursue?”

“No, no let it go. We’ve caused them enough damage to make them think twice about attacking us again, and we’ve got our own…problems to take care of.” Connor said, looking again at the space where the captain had been sitting only a few short minutes ago.

“Sir, we’re picking up a distress signal, I think it’s from Outpost 12, but it’s so faint I can barely make it out.”

“Do we have visual?”

“Just about, on screen now.” The communications officer reported, transferring the signal to a small monitor to the right of his station.

“This is………lve to any ear………ships. We are under attack, rep……….der attack. Val force………..no warn……..they’re com…..”

“Can you boost the signal at all?” Connor asked, not daring to take his eyes from the screen.

“I can try sir, hang on.” Suddenly the static cleared and for a brief moment Connor could see the commander of the outpost, standing in the wreckage of what had once been the operations centre. It was all he had time to see as a huge explosion ripped apart the wall behind the commander, opening the entire area to space. In an instant the man was sucked out into vacuum and Connor turned away.

“Sir…” the communications officer said quietly, “I’m picking up distress signals from multiple sources, battle groups, outposts, colonies. None of them are strong signals, but they’ve all got the same message. They’re under attack, all of them, by Val forces. From what I’m hearing, it doesn’t sound like there’s been many survivors.”

Connor paused for a moment, mind racing. “Set your course for Outpost 12, once all fighters are aboard maximum burn to the gate. Communications and Tactical, I want copies of everything we’ve got on what’s going on, and our own skirmish on my system in twenty minutes. Start running this stuff past your own teams, let’s see if there’s anything we missed. As soon as we arrive at Outpost 12 I want a repair team outside to check what got melted in that explosion, damage control inside can start at once but don’t take anything off-line unless you can start it up again quickly.”

Connor turned and headed for the exit, only to be stopped in his tracks by a question from the communications officer that was, in reality, being asked for them all. “Sir, what just happened?”

“I’d say someone just raised the stakes Lieutenant.” Connor replied as the door slid shut behind him.

Excellent! A terrific tale, terrifically told!

You really have a great deal of writing talent. I would have even enjoyed this story without the tickling.

Only one small critisism... tickle her feet, dag-nab-it!

Serioiusly, B, this was an excellent work of fiction. Write a sci-fi novel. I'll buy it!

Thanks guys, and yes,I'll write the full thing (umm, just as soon as I finish the other novel-length thing I've got going). The problem is coming up with something new but I think I've finally cracked it for this one.

Sole - Three questions. 1) why so quiet on the criticism mate, that's why I post here ;-) 2) B? Congrats I now have a mental image of you staring in Buffy *grin* 3) I thought it was "A fetish is using a feather, kinky is using a chicken, perverted is serving the chicken for lunch the next day"?

Thanks again guys, best way to start the day there is. Okay, fine, second best.

My opinion

Very good... . Very original. I love Sci-Fi yes. Star Trek and especially Star Wars. Nothing like being in command of an Imperial Stardestroyer (;
Anyway I liked it, keep focussing on the story let the tickling be part of the 'love' story that can appear from time to time okay?

AWESOME

i dont know if you still around BOFH, but you are a GENIUS. that story was an excellent intro. if you followed through with the rest, i'm gonna have some really good reading.

i dont know if you still around BOFH, but you are a GENIUS. that story was an excellent intro. if you followed through with the rest, i'm gonna have some really good reading.

Well I uh, that is... umm... thanks. Not entirey sure what one's supposed to say to accusations of Genius... possibly change your name to Stephen Fry?

Aaaaanyway, while Angel is right and I didn't technically finish the story I DID finish the first act and it can be found at:

http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?t=39186

I sort of have a big chunk of act 2 laid out in my head and some ideas for the third act. Never really got round to doing it because a) I was somewhat overwhelmed by ideas at the time I was writing all this and had the attention span of a magpie in a mirror factory, b) it was looking like this would be the first story of about five book-length tales which frankly is a tad intimidating and c) the second part linked above got no feedback (and in truth even this first part wasn't exactly well received) so never bothered. I may resurect this though... I want to finish it eventually and it may be another contender for something I can turn into a publishable book at some point. Hmmm, have to have a thnk.

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back