• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Tinfoil Feather Award

Strelnikov

4th Level Red Feather
The English Department at San Jose State University sponsors the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest, an annual literary competition that challenges entrants to compose the opening sentence to the worst of all possible novels (details here: http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/ ). It’s named in honor (?) of Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, the 19th Century novelist who perpetrated the immortal line, “It was a dark and stormy night.” Entrants compete in genre categories, i. e. General, Western, Detective, Sci-Fi, etc. But there’s no Tickling fiction category.

OTOH, the TMF has plenty of tickling fiction but only the Golden Feather awards for “Best Fiction”. That leaves out the poor writers – and Lord knows there’s plenty of them.

In the interest of fairness, I propose that we add the Tinfoil Feather Award for “Worst Fiction”. Competition rules are simple:

1. Write the first paragraph of the worst, cheesiest tickling story ever.
2. Keep it short – 100 words or less.
3. Incorporate as many Tickling Fiction Cliché’s as possibe (listed here: http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27892 )
4. Half a page of “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA” etc. isn’t a story – these entries will be disqualified.

Post your entries as replies to this thread. Once we have sufficient entries, I’ll post a poll to determine the winner.

Strelnikov

It was a dark and stormy night....for tickling! Mwuahahahaha! :devil:

That reminds me ...

That reminds me of a student in a commercially oriented creative writing class in Britain. He learned that the most successful novels, in terms of sales, all dealt with one or more of the following topics: sex, royalty, money, religion, and mystery. Moreover, he was taught, it is wise to get these topics into the novel as soon as possible, so that a potential reader, browsing in a bookstore, will see them on the first page.

So this was the first sentence of his novel:

"Oh God, help me," said the wealthy Royal Princess, "I'm pregnant, and I have no idea who the father could be." :D

Re: That reminds me ...

milagros317 said:
That reminds me of a student in a commercially oriented creative writing class in Britain. He learned that the most successful novels, in terms of sales, all dealt with one or more of the following topics: sex, royalty, money, religion, and mystery. Moreover, he was taught, it is wise to get these topics into the novel as soon as possible, so that a potential reader, browsing in a bookstore, will see them on the first page.

So this was the first sentence of his novel:

"Oh God, help me," said the wealthy Royal Princess, "I'm pregnant, and I have no idea who the father could be." :D

And it was called "The Paris Hilton Story"

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back