• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Arabs in America

WallStreet

2nd Level Red Feather
I think with all the things going on in NY and Washington right now we need to remember something. Habib down at the local 7-11 is NOT our enemy. Neither is Babu down at the newspaper stand. Alot of these people came to America to get away from the shit that's going on in their homelands. Trust me, nobody is more into retaliation than me, but it's got to be focused retaliation.
I feel that wether or not Afganistan give us Bin Laden that they need to be attacked as an example of what will happen to those who foster terrorists. The example it sets will last for years to come. Anyone who saw with their own eyes what I saw on 9/11/01 would totally agree.

Wall Street...glad to hear from you...it's been a hectic two days. I also agree with you on the need to focus our anger on the right people and not just any Arab we see on the street. However I do believe there are probably a few thousand Arabs in the States that support and even are part of terrorist cells supported by terorist groups in the Middle East. I think the FBI needs to get these Arabs out of this country and unfortunately all Arabs may have to go under some unfair scrutiny to make this happen. We need to take back our country and not be intimidated by these gutless religious idiots. I am a little disappointed that Afghanastan has not been hit already..we know Bin Laden is involved and has been involved in several other incidents...so what the hell are we waiting for?? Anyway, once again glad to hear you're ok...

"Wheels are in motion!"

WallStreet said:
...Babu down at the newspaper stand.
(Wagging index finger slowly, from side to side): "He's a bad man, this Jerry Seinfeld. He's a very, very bad man!" :cool:

Glad to hear that you're OK, W$!

LOL--good one, SuperT. Gotta love Seinfeld.

WallStreet: What I want to hear is Islamic religious leaders teaching loudly and clearly how their religion absolutely prohibits and condemns these types of actions. It is the combination of Arab nationalism and Islamic fundamentalism which is currently the most dangerous force on earth.

ddd

"Islamic religious leaders teaching loudly and clearly how their religion absolutely prohibits and condemns these types of actions."

Dig Dug Dog we had some Islamic religious leaders in Chicago speak out loudly about this as we had some racial tension with Arabs. They codemn this terrorist act and said how these actions went against all their beliefs.
Like Wallstreet said... most came here to get away from all that bull$hit.

I do not agree to grab all Arabs in America and put them thru hell especially the American Arab people to filter out those that follow Bin Laden.
I am 100% Hispanic but have 3 cousins that are half Arab and their father is 100% Arab, born in that country.
He's not the nicest guy but he would never cheer on such slaughter and often spoke against the politics of his country. My cousins got a lot of heat with the Gulf war.
I worry about them though they are tough kids. They were born Americans and love America and fight for America.

We have to stick together as Americans.

Nuff said,
DK

Darknight - when will it be ok to inconvienience the Arab American community for our safety? When someone brings in a nuclear warhead and kills a million people?? I'm sorry...I am so sick of this liberal ass the whole world revolves around me bullshit. I have no doubt the FBI knows a good portion of the "bad" Arabs in this country so I don't think there is a need to recreate what happened to the Japanese in WW2 or make a sequel to the movie the Siege. However, the Arabs in question, their friends and families need to be THOROUGHLY INTERROGATED. And as far as I'm concerned if there is any doubt as to their allegiance to the US they need to be deported the hell out of here.

just a thought

hi all - first of all wallstreet im very happy to see ur alive and well. i hope in the days that follow we can say the same of many new yorkers. now im in the sales business in ny. my job brings me into contact with several store owners of arab descent either born here or there originally. i think in the weeks and months that lie ahead, it will be very interesting to sound these people out on their feelings about this horrific occurrence. and then lets see where their allegiences really are, especially after this country's retalliatory strikes.

slt...that's a great strategy...let's wait around and see what happens. That strategy is identical to the one we have taken the past several years which has now resulted in thousands of people being killed. Enough is enough..America needs to go on the offensive and yes it's going to suck for some really good people but that's what needs to be done to solidify the country.

wait a minute - did you even bother to read what i wrote? who said anthing about lets wait and see. i said i want to know which of these people i work with might be sympathizers of these animals. u must be kidding me i agree with lawrence eagleburger the former us asst sec. of state who said hours after this happened, the us has to hit someone fast, he went so far as to say its not all that important if its the exact group that carried it out. beacuse there were probably so many groups involved. its a matter of just pick one.

i would never advocate this nation "waits and sees" . we have already waited too long. if truman were president today, the attack would have long since taken place.

Stereotype...

Don't do the very thing you were just ranting about, bud. Lumping all "right wingers" together as though they are identical. I think the younger memebers of our group are howling for blood a bit indiscriminately, but that's the nature of youth, and the reason that decisions are made by more mature representatives. As an avowed conservative, I too deplore some of the decisions that were made in MANY other administrations, but I also try to temper that with the knowledge that I don't possess (and neither do you), the amount of information that was used to MAKE these decisions at that time...an important distinction. Looking backwards and using the power of hindsight to "see" mistakes is simple, but nonproductive. Sorry for your losses, both physical and emotional, but as a fellow NYC resident I also want justice served....and if that requires blood and sacrifice, so be it. Its time to stand together and SHOW that you support the basic principles that make us unique as a nation. Please don't EVER bring Nazi actions into this discussion again. The concept is abhorrent and insulting to intelligent life, and will only serve to divide us at a time when unity is critical. We can debate politics after justice has been served..... Q

Last edited:
There were spontaneous outbreaks of celebration in the West Bank; the spinmeisters are now trying to claim this was a result of confusion. There were spontaneous celebrations in Queens - mere miles form the WTC. I could lie and say I was an eye witness; I wasn't but it's been reported from two independnet eyewitnesses including a close friend, who was part of a growing mob held at bay by cops as drum beating Arabs were loaded into a police van laughing and screaming anti-American invective.

I'm not saying we need internment camps but it will not be business as usual. It's becoming apparent that some of the perpetrators were "innocent Arabs" living in America as sleepers for years. I'm sure most Arabs here are loyal to this country but it is plain naive to think, for example, that from the forseeable future John Smith and Ahmed Akbar Mohammed will be or should be treated equally as they approach an airport metal detector - and yes I am aware that Ahmed could be a Purple Heart winning Marine!

All I know is there was a group of middle east people(not sure of their background)happy as hell celebrating in our country in the streets, (about 3 towns away from my house) that people had died..That pisses me off...I'm not going to do anything about because I'm mature and not a savage but I'd like to do something about it. These people if they ever do that around americans, will probably be beaten or killed..It's like spitting in our face. I just hope this nightmare is over soon and the people responsible are dealth with swiftly..

headtripper indeed

If you happen to hear of a law being passed to that effect, then speak that vile term...until then you're just spouting crap, because 10 hotheads used the term "towelheads". If you honestly believe our countrys government is of "Nazi" quality, you should be migrating south or north rapidly....if I did I'd be out of here in a wink. Obviously you're also overemotional about the events of Tuesday,as we all are, but that rant has NO place here and no facts backing it up. We've been in a position to conquer the world several times, and have instead repaired and nurtured it. The vast majority of America is made up of intelligent compassionate people, and you besmirch us all with that judgement. The acts of a few do NOT reflect the will of either the government or the majority, as you well know. The frustration of having an "invisible" enemy is tremendous, and people will overreact. Dealing with it is part of the process of belonging to a democracy..... Q

thenavaltickler,

INCONVIENCE THE ARABIC COMMUNITY??

You know, I'm about to lose my cool. And this board is for intelligent discussion. So I'm shutting my mouth to avoid conflict with my own people (AMERICANS) and keep my anger focused on those incline to kill thousands of innocents.

But know this, I have a kind-heart woman at work crying her eyes out because she is of Muselum (sp?) faith and she's in fear for her sons at school cuz of this biased rage on
finding anyone wearing a "towel-head" cuz they must be secretly be behind Bin Laden.

Irrational thinking is BULLSHIT.

DK

I thought I'd check back in on the thread I started. Looks like I really broke a hornet's nest open this time. To quote Thurston Howell the Third on the classic Beauty Contest episode "Gilligan, what a can of peas you've opened this time!"
Now I want you guys to play nice, otherwise I'll have to start giving out demerits.

Nazi this...sigh

Sorry, but I hate when people bandy the Nazi comparisions around whenever something comes up...that GOVERNMENT did atrocious things that will ring down through history as the standard for evil. To even apply it to individual actions is ridiculous. Q

Glad

Wallstreet glad to hear you are aok. My sister dated someone a year ago who worked for fred alger on the 93 floor of the north tower. He wasn't so lucky....

I know someone personally who has undergone harassment for any number of years because she is a naturalized citizen who happens to be of Iranian descent, despite the fact that her family FLED Iran in 1979 precisely in order to escape Khomeini and his murderous regime.

I fear for her safety these days. Remember, people, let's focus our anger on our enemies, who are EXTERNAL, and not on loyal fellow Americans who happen to have parents or grandparents who came here from the "wrong" country.

Quite right, Daumantas.

Also, regarding those Arab-Americans and Arab immigrants who are insensitive enough to celebrate: One of the things about a free society is that people have a perfect right to be schmucks. It's no different in principle from, say, that Klan rally in downtown Manhattan last year. Both were highly offensive to the vast majority of Americans, but both are protected forms of expression no matter what. To forbid them is to open the door to curtailing our own right to express our opinions.

I realize knowing that doesn't make it any easier to tolerate, but in the long run those celebrations are irrelevant. They won't change a thing; they won't stop the rebuilding to come, or the discovery and punishment of the guilty.

Qjakal, this might help distract you from your anger...

Remember what P.J. O'Rourke said in Give War a Chance :

"I don't mind when people call me a Nazi. Really, I get a kick out of it. Because nobody, anywhere, ever has had sexual fantasies of being tied to a bed and ravished by someone dressed as a Liberal."

Ouch...lol

Okay...that hit the spot..thanx Mad, I needed that. Q

I think when I started this thread I made enough of a mess, but I must now add that these people who are rejoicing in our streets actually DO have a right to celebrate just like the Klan would or any other hate group would. Just like WE have the right to kick their asses if we ever see them doing it.
I'd like you all to remember my original post, and that is that we can't just go around lashing out at every arab looking person we see. If they're in the street celebrating that's a different story. But we can't just steamroll Arab Americans the way we did the Japanese Americans in WWII. Alot of Hindus that resemble Arabs are probably catching abuse for no reason at all.
As more time unfolds we are finding out more and more about who exactly planned the attack. I think we already know who it is anyway. Hopefully our next posts will be those of rejoicement and YES, those of revenge.

Just wanted to let you all know that the Mods DO read everything that is posted. And I have noticed and am pleased to see that eventhough this is a passionate subject for us all, this thread has thus far been self-sufficient.

We are all going through an onslaught of emotions right now. I myself find that I'm going through some crying, numbness and anger, yet all of these things are reflected in this very thread. We all feel basically the same way, however our solutions are slightly varied. This too is reflected in this thread.

Please remember, all opinions are as valid as the next. As you know, we don't need or desire flame wars and your help in this is appreciated.

I already noticed that some have ALMOST started, but the maturity of the members themselves have stoked them out. We are greatful for your efforts. Thank you and keep up the good work. I just hope I haven't spoken too soon...lol!

;)

No Prob here...

Headtripper, I think if you re-read my post, I actually acknowledged that we were ALL overemotional at this point, and that I agreed in general for the call for keeping our heads and some perspective. I'm ping-ponging between depression and blind rage/frustration....and I've admitted to staring at guys that up til now have just been a part of the neighborhood scenery. It's a bad time, and you're correct that the sort of emotions that are of a destructive nature would likely please our enemies greatly. Still....we need some sort of action in the near future, or despair may indeed creep into our national consciousness. Peace --and may the days ahead be filled with victories of many sorts. Q

Guys, your are making this far more complicated than it needs to be.

We should simply make Afghanastan the 51st state, suck out it's oil, kick out the men, and tickle all the girls.

Simple Justice

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back