• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The prophecy of Nostradamus...

qjakal

1st Level Indigo Feather
Written a loooooooong time ago........or after Tuesday night?

"In the year of the new century and nine months,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city..."
"In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
while the fortress falls the great leader will succumb
third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

- NOSTRADAMUS

Last edited:
Q, please don't distort quotations. Nostradamus lived from 1503 to 1566, when New York wasn't existing yet. He spoke of a big city, and a terrible, big war (not specifically WW3). And like many prophets, his visions were interpreted, translated, re-intrepreted, and finally made to fit the occasion in the aftermath of horror. The same quotations circled during the gulf war as well...

Sorry Q, but the second quatrain is bogus. Check my post under the Return to God thread for details.

The majority of the info on the Nostradamus E-mail floating around is bullshit. Although he did basically predict a Third World War at the turn of the century, and he also predicted it would be an Arab who starts it, I never heard anything about the twins or the fortress. I may be mistaken. I'm recalling most of this info from some documentary I saw back in the 80's that was narrated by Orson Wells.

Its possible...

Sorry guys..was just passing 'em on as I got 'em....lol. It's possible...I thought the quote was "City Of God" myself, not york when I received it...take it with a grain of salt...and a bit of tabasco if needed. Q

Nostradamus

I hate reading, but Nostradamus's predictions was one of the few books I've read. It went like this: a page of almost literal translation from hil language to english, followed by its probable meaning. The literal translation is almost ignored though.

I think I need to rent that documentary I mentioned in the other thread. But I'm not sure if the narrator was Orson Wells or it may have been that Robin Masters guy from Magnum PI.

I remember that show. It said that Nostradamus *proved* that WW3 would begin in 1996.

Guess what... it didn't.

Nostradamus had predicted Hitler as well, he only had one single character wrong !:confused:

True?

dunno whether its true or not, but its not fair saying its Bullshit - nostradamus predicted hitler and napolean and pearl harbour and a few other relavent occurances almost 100% accuratly when you interpret them correctly.

i think its abit uncanny how this phrase that WAS in his script relates directly to the disaster on tuesday. and very coincidental that he sais the things he did.

saying "new york didnt even exist then" thats Just the Point! that makes it even more asstounding that he predicted those things, do you think the hitler was around when he predicted his reign? nayway, its pretty spooky stuff and i belive that there is some truth in it, i dont belive in coincidences. and this is toooo much of a coincidence you know? :)

Dr|zzt

He did not predict Hitler. Once again, check the translatioin from the interpretation. If I recall correctly, according to his prediction, hiSler was meant to be a river.

yeah, but saying that Hisler was a river is just an alternate interpratation... it may well have been either, its just someones oppinion, we will never know unless we ressurect the dude..

so, anyone up for ressurecting Nostradamus?? j/k :)

i agree that the discussion of tuesdays disaster has got abit out of hand, we have ppl arguing over historical interpratations now, can we not let it rest?

Just thought I'd give my 2 cents...

I had done some reading up on Nostradamus, and while it is true that some of his prophecies have come true, A PROPHECY COME TRUE IS A FAILED PROPHECY! The whole reason why Nostradamus was given this "gift" to look into the future was so that we could avert whatever he saw coming. Also, these things only make sense once the events have already occurred. So he could write about a city on fire and it could have come true anytime, and we would have believed that it was he who told of its occurance, but what it really was...a matter of time. Its bound to happen one time or another.

But hey, thats just me on this one. :)

Did Nostradamus really predict New York attack?

By Geert De Clercq

SINGAPORE, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Internet chat rooms are abuzz with talk that 16th century French astrologer Nostradamus forecast the attack on the World Trade Center in New York.

Thousands of people have received e-mails containing this prophecy, often with a second part forecasting that the attack on the twin towers will mark the beginning of World War III.

Several versions are doing the rounds. This is one of them:

"In the year of the new century and nine months

From the sky will come a great King of Terror

The sky will burn at forty-five degrees

Fire approaches the new city."

The text corresponds roughly to a verse in Nostradamus's Century (section) Six, Quatrain 97. Several books on Nostradamus have speculated that this quatrain's first line refers to September 2001, the ninth month in the first year of the new century, while the 45 degrees is interpreted as the latitude of the city of New York.

But New York lies just below 41 degrees latitude and Nostradamus's verse does not mention a great war, contrary to what several e-mails say. In many e-mails, the verse comes with a second part, which seems harder to link to Nostradamus:

"In the city of York there will be a great collapse

Two twin brothers torn apart by chaos

While the fortress falls the great leader will succumb

Third big war will begin when the big city is burning."

HOAXSTRADAMUS?

"(This second quatrain) is NOT by Nostradamus," read a statement on www.nostradamus-repository.org, a Web site for Nostradamus study.

Hoax or not, various versions of the verse are being forwarded by the thousands every day.

"Initially, I was really skeptical, but I went to the web to look up something on (Nostradamus). Some prophecies have come true," Agnes Ng, a 23-year old Singaporean accountancy student, told Reuters on Thursday.

She received one of the prophecies in an e-mail from a friend. Before forwarding the message to her contacts, she posted a copy on Usenet newsgroup alt.prophecies.nostradamus. The e-mail she received was even more specific, forecasting that:

"The big war will begin when the big city is burning

on the 11th day of the 9th month that...

two metal birds would crash into two tall statues

in the new city and the world will end soon after."
Here's the deal on the Nostrodamus post

One of the newsgroup contributors who goes by the e-mail moniker of "Justaguy" said this was a fake.

"It has been posted ad nauseam," he said.

Nostradamus prophecies surface after nearly every major news event. False or real, they struck a chord in Singapore.

Bookstore salespeople told Reuters there had been strong demand for books on Nostradamus since Tuesday's attacks.

03:16 09-13-01

Copyright 2001 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

Hmmmm...

Actually, the first set is spooky enough....if that translation has been around for awhile, it seems enough by itself to shake you up, without someone adding the bogus second quatrain....Q

Nostradamus - mistaken quote

Here is the most complete explanation that I have seen yet regarding this mistaken “Nostradamus Quote”.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/predict.htm

Nostradamus never said such a thing. It was actually fabricated as part of a study of how easy it is to make a vague, poetic quote fit just about anything. Someone took the made-up passage out of context, misunderstood the source, and attributed it to Nostradamus. The original source of the quote appears in the article at the above link.

If you want prophetic though, George W. Bush promised he wouldn’t touch Social Security unless we had a recession or a war. Now we have both.

MB

I agree

The only thing that is going to be big in the upcomeing war will be the Americas bombs blowing the crap out of the cowards that did this.

Everytime some calamitous event happens, the Nostradamus people show up to tell us how he predicted it. The predictions are always either bogus or they are so vague they can be applied to almost anything.

Since we all could use some cheering up...how about we make up our OWN fake Nostradamus predictions about the year 2001? (Over things that are innocuous, of course.) Here's one:

"The singer shall appear, she who is called Britney;
From in the south shall she come, with breasts firm and large,
Dance she shall, and sing songs about nothing,
And peddle the drink that is soft, called Popsi."

I'm confused..this is the 3rd time I've heard the quote
Two metal birds will crash into 2 tall statues
..This is true or not true..Anyway you look at at it's still spooky..

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back