• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Deleting Search Topics

gan_grel26

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could please tell me how to delete search topics. For example, if I type "tickling" into the Yahoo search engine, it will stay on my computer along with a list of the other topics that have been entered for a search and will pop up later if part of the word is typed in again. Also, could someone please explain to me how to delete website address in the Address bar. Thanks in advance.

gan_grel26

deleting addresses...

The toolbar window is simple...just hit the start button, Settings...Taskbar & Start Menu....Start Menu Programs...Clear..

As for the rest, I'd suggest you go to one of the freeware/shareware sites and download an "eraser or scrubber" program that will cover you very thoroughly, ok? Q

if you are using internet explorer...

right click on the explorer icon on your desk top. click clear history (this will get rid of the stuff in your address bar). then click delete files (this gets rid of your browser's memory of the sites you have visited).

then if you want to get rid of the stuff in your yahoo search bar you can click on 'my computer'. click on C drive (or whatever your main drive is... usually C). click on windows (you may have to click on 'show files') and then go into the folder called cookies and delete everything (it won't let you delete anything important).

do this often enough (few times a day for me lol) and you get pretty fast. :)

ps what qjakal suggested, clears that documents thing in your start thingy (let me know if I get too techy lol)... also a good thing to do. this gets rid of any pictures or documents you have opened recently.

Last edited:
Thanks both for your responses. I already knew how to delete my history and cookies. (I should set my firewall up to block them, but oh well) But as for an easy way to delete search topics in any search engine, the answer was so easy that I didn't see it until I was trying by accident. Now I feel stupid! Go into the search space and bring up the list of previously searched topics, highlight with the mouse what topic you wish to delrte, then hit the delete key. It's that easy! I kept trying to highlight, right click and delete, but nothing would come up. The Delete key works wonders. Thanks again! :)))

Actually ....

Damn Ayla, you really contort yourself...lol! I would suggest you download one of the free Tweak programs...they make managing cookies and such MUCH simpler. And you can use them to change all your icons to something better too...I have a puppy theme going at the moment! My recycling bin is a dog peeing on a fire hydrant.....

LOL! you're right qjakal, I think I would take the whole computer outside and hose it down if I thought it would help. are those tweak things safe? I used a clean up program once that got rid of some files that I really needed to run some java stuff (I am such a techy! lol). it was a nightmare trying to figure out what I needed to do to fix it.

ps glad you figured it out, gan_grel26.

on a related note...

It seems that RealPlayer keeps track of everything that you view under the "file" option. Obviously I view some things that others may find to be strange. Anyone know how to clear this area?

giu

ps. ayla, your advanced terminology is confusing me :)

prob a better way to do it but... under general options you can choose to have it show only the (one) most recent clip played (for some reason you can't choose zero). that makes it easier to cover your tracks with a nice wholesome clip.

ps :p

YIKES! I just noticed that windows media player does it too! how do I get rid of them?!

Yikes!!

LOL...I'm thinking that you should just make a separate identity/account for yourself on your puter and password that one, which you can use to indulge your fascination, while leaving the other one for the mundane computer activities of the world....download media players that are only accessible from that identity and so on. Complicated, but only until you get the setup right, and then you can be "Sheena, Queen Of The Tickle Jungle" when the mood strikes you! ;) Q

qjakal, I have a partitioned hard drive (saying these words like I know what they mean). could I use my D: drive to do this? would the programs in that drive only apply to that drive? looking forward to that Sheena thing... :)

Need info...

I've always used 2 drives myself, for backup business reasons, so i have zilch experience with partition programs, but I believe (and am hoping for confirmation from some other techies here) you CAN password a separate identity on a partitioned drive...if no one weighs in, I'll consult an expert on the subject (security) next week after I kick his %#@ in racquetball...ok? Till then Sheena...erase on! Q

found a cool program at www.zdnet.com called window washer. one click and I'm clean (I think lol). it's only a 30 day trial so I may have to break down and buy it. but so far... well, just call me Sheena :)

ps it washes Windows Media Player by default and you can make it wash RealPlayer too!

thanx

Just wanted to thank you guys for all this information. I've only been on the Internet for 6 months, and I avoided doing certain searches for lack of a way of banishing some of the information. Moreover, I never did find a way of deleting information in the search bars. Thanx again.

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back