• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A movie???

Lynchy

TMF Expert
Seeing how the media was covering the disaster on the 11th, it struck me that it was being treated almost like entertainment. I mean, on Sky Interactive it was possible to have multi-camera angles of the planes crashing into the buildings, as if it would be fun to watch! This has kind of pissed me off!!!

But then I got thinking. There have been films about just about every tradgedy in history when you think about it. Titanic, Pearl Harbour... I'm just wondering how long it will be before they make a film about the World Trade Centre.

I know it's a pretty sick thing to say, but I can really see it happening. :( What does everyone else think? Would you be as sickened as me to see this disaster turned into entertainment?

I have no doubt that film producers are busy as we speak putting together a movie about this disaster. I'm not necessarily convinced that that is a bad thing though. The educational aspect of it could be positive, if they handle it right.

With that said, I realize that I'm putting my faith in Hollywood to accuratey depict the event... They'll probably turn it into a sappy love story, like they did in "Pearl Harbor."

in my opinion a movie would be in the poorest of taste. there are alot of families out there that probably wouldnt want to see what it looked like from the inside thanks to special effects. to me it would seem to be sort of cruel to do that.

hmmmmmm.................

Well, knowing how these people operate.....a movie probably won't be considered for a long time.....that would almost be like havin salt and lemons put on a huge, open wound.........

Everyone's still hurting right now, and I think that's the way it's gonna be for a bit.......as far as movies go, I won't be surprised if they do try to turn this into a film.....all I know is that I won't be fillin a seat in that theatre.........and I won't buy the special edition dvd either.......

Fall Of The World Trade Center

The Fall Off The World Trade Center
Starring Matt Damone. In theaters September 11/02

I don't know about movies, but I think that the passengers who brought down that plane in Pennsylvania ought to have high schools named after them.

Just want to point out that if you can do good movies, or even great ones, about the Holocaust (I'm thinking of Schindler's List and Life Is Beautiful, for instance), it's not necessarily true that some future WTC: The Movie would be tasteless and horrible.

The operative word in that sentence, of course, is "future." Doing a quickie movie-of-the-week about what happened would indeed be beyond the pale. Let the wounds heal, and let history do its work, first.

Actually, 15 years ago or so, there was a mediocre made-for-TV movie that anticipated this attack. The details weren't the same, but there was an evil raghead genius trying to start a jihad by provoking an American nuclear attack on Iran. Anyone else remember this turkey?

Daumantas is right about the high school. Wonder if anyone in their home towns (or home states even) has thought of it. Seems to me most of them were from California.

Shem is right about letting history work. Anything that comes out in the next year or so will be hack work almost by definition. I doubt it would bother the studio execs that gave us Rocky 10 if they thought they could make a buck off it. Still, later might allow for a happy ending - like bin Laden hanged with his own turban.

Strelnikov

No, I haven't seen the movie you mention. But you want to talk about creepy predictions? The first episode of the X-Files spinoff The Lone Gunmen last year dealt with a scheme to crash a jet liner into the WTC by remote control. It wasn't an Islamic extremist plot, though -- it was a conspiracy (of course) to increase tension between countries so the conspirators could make more money off weapons sales. Truth is stranger than fiction and all that ...

Strelnikov said:
The details weren't the same, but there was an evil raghead genius trying to start a jihad by provoking an American nuclear attack on Iran. Anyone else remember this turkey?

Please be careful as to what wording you use when talking about others, whether or not they are terrorists. There are over 2000 members on this forum, and I'm sure some of them may be of Middle Eastern descent. Who knows how many people you may have insulted just now.

Using the word "raghead" is considered by many to be racist. There are already enough problems in the world right now (with recent events), and the last thing everyone needs at this time is for someone to make it worse by making such comments.

Thanks,

The Rhythm Doctor

Racist?

Mebbe so--but the movie character was already a Hollywood stereotype with swarthy complection, bad shave, tinted glasses, turban, camel driver robes, etc. The term was intended as a concise description, and it fits him exactly.

Strelnikov

terrorist

"Please be careful as to what wording you use when talking about others, whether or not they are terrorists"

Are you kidding? The terrorist who attacked and killed all those people..... I could care less what I call them. I would call them every name in the book. Be careful what you call the terrorist who killed thousands of Americans and a close friend of mine? No way..

Warning: The following post contains graphic language and is intended for mature audiences only. Viewer discretion is advised.

Sandman:

Ok, you totally misunderstood the point I was trying to make; but perhaps it's because of that "whether or not they are terrorists" part. What I should have said was .. hmm ... I don't know .... ok, maybe it would have been better if I had simply omitted that part...

Anyway, allow me, if you would, to try and rephrase as best as I can.. ?

Simply put: THOSE SCUMSUCKING PIECES OF MAGGOT SHIT WHO DID THIS TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ARE NOT EVEN WORTHY OF THE WORD "HUMAN". It goes without saying that what they did to us was beyond the most horrible thing this country has ever seen since Pearl Harbor and D-Day. I totally condemn all who have committed, currently commit, and have future plans to commit such terrible acts against anyone. My thoughts and prayers (as well as money and blood donations) go out to not only those who were affected, but all Americans.

Those who either did this to us or support those who do, defame and ruin both the Islamic and Muslim cultures, and I hope they suffer the wrath of both the United States and Satan. Call the terrorists whatever you desire. It is your right. But whatever you do, please keep in mind that any racist and prejudiced comment can and will be interpreted by some of us here to be offensive and unneccessary.

On another note, I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend... and for everybody else reading this, again my condolences to you if you lost a loved one as well. If there's anything you need to talk about, feel free to email me at [email protected] .

The Rhythm Doctor

P.S. It was not my intent in my previous post and it's never my intent in ANY of my posts on the TMF to cause problems of any kind; to offend others, etc. I'm sorry if I ever hurt or offended anyone out there; didn't mean it.

I disagree

Getting back to Lynchy's original concern that someone is going to capitalize on this tragedy by making a movie....I have to disagree for a couple of reasons.

#1) The movie has no ending. Schindler's list ended with the liberation of the camps, there's no equivalent ending to this tragedy. It's probably going to drag on in one form or another for years. I doubt that ALL the guilty parties involving in the bombing will ever be brought to justice, although many will be.

#2) The movie is not economically viable. A movie like this would probably be a big budget movie with special effects, and given the fact that people would be repulsed by this movie as capitalizing on people's suffering, nobody would want to pay the $8/head to see it. I love when free markets work the way they should.

#3) What would be the main focus of this movie...the victims, the hijackers, or the rescue personnel? Nobody wants to hear the life story of the hijackers, the plot line of a movie based on the rescuers would lack entertainment interest, and a plot based on the victims would have to focus mostly on their everyday events PRIOR to the terrorist act.

#4) There are still a lot of tragedy's waiting in the queue before the WTC disaster....they haven't yet made a film on the gulf war, of the original WTC bombing, or on the Oklahoma city bombings to my knowledge. I'd think these would be made before the most recent WTC disaster.

All that being said, this is one case where fiction is more interesting than reality....I'm sure that hollywood is brewing up some quasi-related fictional plots based on biological or chemical warfare. This latest incident, as hideous as it may seem, probably will increase the demand for these types of films, bringing them higher box office revenues.

My C$0.03

D-Day ???

On D-day the Canadian troops faced the most heavly armed part of the beach. Where as the US troops faced the least. Mind you the Americans had to clime up a sheer cliff wich allowed the crouts easy pickings on alot of them. People are angry let them vent, if some one is offended they don't have to return to this thred, Isn't that part what New World was suposed to be about.

Slaver

The slur you want is "Krauts", my friend. From "sauerkraut." No offense intended, Hal, we're just being politically incorrect here.

I think you have the Dieppe raid (a truly horrific battle for the Canadians in 1942) confused with D-Day. Of the D-Day beaches, the highest casualties were at Omaha, assaulted by the US 1st and 29th Divisions. It was a matter of both terrain and a defending force that was at the top of its form, having just conducted an anti-invasion exercise.

Strelnikov

Gulf war films....

True, they haven't made a Gulf war film yet, but there have been a few dealing with the events of the gulf war....that one with Denzel Washington and Meg Ryan ( BADGE OF HONOR? BADGE OF COURAGE? Some thing like that.) And the Clooney movie THREE KINGS. And you know ther will be a WTC film... the phrase "time heals all wounds" exsists for a reason..,. it just make take 20, 30, 80 years.... they made a silent Titanic movie 3 weeks after the Titanic sinking with a movie star who survived the wreck but lost some associates in the disaster....

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back