• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Music ?

sk8punk01

TMF Poster
Just wondering what kind of music everyone listens to? As you can tell from my name i like punk and metal. My favorite bands are Afi, Pennywise, Iron maiden, rancid, anti-flag, motorhead and of course the Ramones.

If you ask... hehe

Sisters of Mercy, MZ412, PJ Harvey, Dead can Dance, Loreena McKennitt, Front 242, Type O Negative, Index, Diary of Dreams, Tori Amos, Cop Shoot Cop, And One, Suicide Commando, VNV Nation, Covenant, Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, Laibach, Electro Asassin, Funker Vogt, Ministry, Veruca Salt, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds... to name but a few..

Metallica, Kid Rock, Eminem are three of the ones I listen to most. Emjoy a lot of Rock and Roll, Nirvana is good. Enjoy some rap, DMC and the old school rap. A few newer ones as well like St. Louis own Nelly.

I have a tendency to like 80's new wave as a general style.

I mostly enjoy female performers who have interesting voices and who write their own material, tending towards songs that are stories. Some favorites are Leah Andreone, Aimee Mann, Depech Mode, Garbage, Jill Sobule, Liz Phair.

Myriads

Pretty much anything except Rap and Techno. Then again, those aren't really music anyway...

Strelnikov

good topic!

Ah yes.. where can I begin with this post...

I guess I'm mainly an "indie" rock fan. I count among my favorites classics like Sonic Youth and Fugazi, older punk stuff ( and some newer), of course the ramones, L7, basically a wide variety of anything that rocks. Japanese bands (ex: melt banana, guitar wolf)fascinate me due to their emotion and energy level, plus their sense of humor. If it's good music, I'll most likely enjoy it.

giu

everything but country....favorites:SUBLIME,the doors,pearl jam,nirvana,dmx,wu-tang.....

Music!!!!!!!!!

My other favorite subject!!!!!!!!
My favorite artists are here in no particular order: Tool, Primus, Fugazi, Sunny Day Real Estate, Canderia, Shudder to Think, and Radiohead.

A few more

Its cool to hear a lot of you reply to this topic. I left out a few of my favs so here they are. Dead kennedys, mxpx, Sum 41, black flag and as far as non punk bands: saliva, kittie, papa roach. I listen to so much stuff its hard to remember all the bands. :cool:

Rock and tickle?

Led Zep, AeroSmith, Staind, U2, REM, Nirvana, Enya, Skynard, Stones, Pearl Jam, CCR, Santana, classical, some country, some Hiphop, some BigBand, Swing, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's (Big Country)....pretty much everything BUT rap......got about 4000 songs squirreled away on a HD if anyone is looking for anything...lol. Q

Last edited:
I like a little of almost everything...reggae,old soul stuff like Stax and Motown, 70's funk, classic rock, old rap,and "quiet storm" R&B like Anita Baker and Sade.

I like mostly older rock: Genesis (Peter Gabriel and the older Phil Collins stuff); Pink Floyd; Led Zeppelin; The Who; Talking Heads; and many others.

I'm all mixed up.........

I listen to everything........basically......

Sublime, Pink Floyd, the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Nirvana, Gorillaz, Radiohead, Everlast (of course), Cypress Hill, Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, House of Pain, Toadies, Stone Temple Pilots.......the list goes on forever.......

I'll pretty much listen to whatever....I have a very wide variety of tastes when it comes to music......I even tried listening to country once.......once.........

Later.........

I liiiiike: Bad Religion, Social Distortion, Pennywise, Spineshank, Deftones, Slipknot, Descendants, Vandals, Stone Temple Pilots, The Casualties, the list goes on and on....

classic rock

ELO Bob Seager and other classic rock some 80s new wave Also the Bob&Tom show Johnboy&Billy morning show Wierd Al Yankovic Doors & Supertramp

Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, Liszt, Beethoven, Schubert, many others.

Oh, I also like music from the 1960s ... the Beatles, Dusty Springfield, Moody Blues, the Doors ...

some folk and blues as well.

Q, it appears we have another similarity, brother, 'cause I dig a like variety of tunes. Older rock like Zeppelin, CCR and Stones, is a fav, though I'd through Bowie in the mix immediately, and Iggy Pop. Newer rock, oft called "modern" or "alternative", is a big fave, and there's too much I like to list here, and REM is a biggie in that angle o' the genre.

I dig some classical, though I favor the Impressionist there, and some Baroque.

I dig a bit of old country, too, and some hiphop (but I include some rap, there, in my case), and a lot of Big Band and Swing (favoring vocal work by Satchmo and Prima).

I like Jazz in general, though clearly, I favor the older stuff. Some of the recent stuff is quite interesting. In between, I think music school and warring students (them horn students are so VEHEMENT about Bird...) wrecked my perspective for that fine art form.

I'd add, to your list, the strangeties of the electro-acoustic varieties. Whether computer-generated or done with modified appliances, some of the aural structures are cool to hear. On the one side, you have Cage and Reich, and on the other, Einsterzende Neubauten, with some of the rock kicks mixing it in these days.

I'd also add Javanese Gamelan, 'cause I got a taste for it in school. Recordings of it, sadly, don't do it justice. It really must be heard live. It's strange, foreign to we west-hemisphere kids, and interesting.

I think I stopped making MP3s after the second CD-ROM's worth. One day I'll buy a giant 80gb disk and put all the tunes I like on it, I s'pose.

My rather lengthy $0.02,

dvnc

Older rock,some newer stuff,but largely country

BB King (the King of the Blues!), Otis Redding, Blues Traveler, Petty, Clapton, Young, Joplin and many, many more.

My Taste

Im into heavy metal......MuDvAyNe, Fear Factory, Slipknot, Skrape, Staind, Soulfly, Korn, Coal Chamber, Incubus, Sepultura, Orgy, Nothingface to name a few LoL

My tastes are a bit... odd. Sometimes even I'm surprised to see what's sharing shelf space in my CD collection. The broad categories are:

1. New Age (For lack of a better term): Adiemus, David Arkenstone, Maire Brennan & Clannad, Enigma, Enya, Kitaro, David Lanz, Loreena McKennitt, Patrick O'Hearn, Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, Andreas Vollenweider, & Yanni. Some of the most painfully beautiful stuff I've ever heard includes Enya's "Exile," Lanz's "Cristofori's Dream," and Vangelis' "Heaven and Hell, 3rd Movement/Theme from Cosmos"

2. Orchestral Film Scores: David Arnold, Danny Elfman, Christopher Franke, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Trevor Jones, Michael Kamen, Basil Poledouris, Alan Silvestri, and John Williams. Particular favorites are Batman (Elfman), The Rocketeer (Horner), Dark City (Jones), and The Empire Strikes Back (Williams).

3. Old-School Heavy Metal: Iron Maiden, Manowar, & Metallica. As a D&D-playing Gamer Geek, I find a lot of cool villain themes and fight music I can use from these guys. I've got some Joe Satriani & Steve Vai gathering dust among my old cassette tapes as well.

4. Classical. A smattering of Bach, Beethoven, & Mozart to name a few. Particular favorites are Gustav Holst's The Planets and "Pictures at an Exhibition" & "Night on Bald Mountain" by Modeste Mussorgsky.

5. Miscellaneous: There's a few stray albums by Tori Amos (I liked Little Earthquakes but I'm glad I haven't been through whatever level of personal Hell that inspired her more recent work), The Cheiftains (I am an Irishman, after all ;)), Sting (Useful for those times when I'm having or coming down from a big stupid crush) and the incomparable comedic genius "Weird Al" Yankovic.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back