• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

underwater 'handstand' tickling--unsafe?

Avenger314

Verified
Hi all. For those that go swimming with any frequency, I'm sure you've seen this situation... a friend of yours wants to show how athletic she is, so she does a handstand underwater. She plants her hands on the pool and kicks up her legs, balancing on her hands... and her bare feet are sticking up out of the water, BEGGING to be tickled. I've seen that countless times and I always feel the urge to give them a quick tickle, but I haven't yet. Mainly, I'm worried that it's unsafe. If you tickle someone while they're head is underwater, is that dangerous? Has anyone done it before? Hopefully it's safe but I don't want to have a guilty tickler's conscience =).

Jim

beammeup.gif

I would think her safety would be at risk if tickled for a lengthy period of time. If it is a quick tickle and she is able to float back to the surface before she swallows too much water, I am sure she will be fine. Perhaps a bit annoyed :p but fine. I would think she would just lose her balance and rise to the surface.
0trampoline.gif

not unsafe their automatic reaction will be to drop the headstand and return to the surface no harm no foul

Re: under 'handstand' tickling . ....

My personal opinion?? BAD idea.
She can easily swallow water & panic from the shock of being tickled. Doing ANYTHING to someone while they are under water is a BAD idea.
Even if they knew you will do it. Anything can go wrong.
She can accidentally breathe IN instead of out. Some people gasp In air when startled or something unexpected happens.
I've wanted to try that myself on a few occasions, but the thought of her not being able to breathe & causing any kind of harm to her always stops me from doing it.
If anyone tries this PLEASE be extra careful & be VERY aware of your environment & the situation this MAY cause afterwards.
By environment, I mean a pool that is more controlled as aposed to the beach where the ocean is VERY unpredictable.
Am I too cautious? I don't think so.

Gotta go with Bart on this one!

People respond to being tickled differently. I wouldn't trust it at all, especially under water. No need for drama or the dreaded "what ifs", just generally believe it's unsafe behavior for swimming.

A lot depends on the swimming skill of the person you are tempted with tickling. If she is a skilled swimmer, and you only do it for a second, all should be fine. But do make sure she resurfaces immediately.

I have had this done to me so many times, from childhood to my current adulthood, that I've pretty much come to expect it. In my surprise I have never forgotten the fact I was underwater, and consequently never inhaled or swallowed water or suffered any ill effects from it at all. But then again, I am a very strong swimmer.

I personally find it to be much more fun if you swim underwater, sneaking up behind an unsuspecting friend, and either goosing their sides or getting a quick scribble on their feet. That way their head is above water, and there is no risk of them swallowing or inhaling any. It's also funny when they scream out in surprise, and everyone turns around to look at them to see why, and can not figure it out since you're hiding underwater completely out of suspicions way. Ah, I love summer. :D

Mimi

I can't speak for the pool...

...but I did have a really fun experience in a hot tub recently in a luxury hotel...I'm afraid the giggling scared away the other hot tubbers inside of minutes, but seeing how it worked so well two days in a row, I think we learned a valuable trick to "how to score the hot tub for yourself" :D :D :D

XOXO

P.S.: To keep things on topic, although I didn't see it coming and I enjoyed it immensely, had I been underwater in a pool, the surprise alone would have caused me to inhale about a gallon of water...I'm in agreement with the most of the rest, O.P. (original poster) Better safe than sorry...

dangerous

the autonomic respons for a lot of people when touched, is to suck in. it is in their nature, no avoiding it!
do not tickle someone who's head is submerged!
wait till they are standing up, then you dive under, lift a foot, and tickle them. much safer.

steve

The medical professionals have spoken. Draw your own conclusions and be careful out there!:eek:

I admit I did it once. She surfaced a second after, no coughing, no other apparent harm, just curious, but it was around five people around and she couldn't decide who did it and she just let it go. To say a word in my defence she was a strong swimmer and, as I said, there were at least 5 other good swimmers near us (including me). I know it was stupid, but I got too much teasing and just couldn't resist.It was a "family and friends" trip to a Renfaire Fest and there were two pretty teenage twins. At the fair BOTH were placed in stocks and NOONE thought of tickling them. It was my friend's friends family, I saw them for the first time and couldn't proceed myself. Then we all went to sunbath and swim in a nearby lake. On the beach blanked, clad only in swimsuits, the girls became engaged in ticklefight with lot of giggling and wriggling. Then it was me and her feet inches from my hands and noone looking our way. I HAD to, I confess, I am sorry...

It could be unsafe for you if she kicks you in the face. :D

I wouldn't dare to do it! Even if it's a good swimmer, it could be dangerous. I agree on the risk, that she will breath in and swallow a lot of water.

So better keep the tickling on dry land!

lol

I think you guys are overreacting a little bit! I'm a lifeguard and been swimming forever and let me tell you I've done that many times and nothing bad has ever come from it. I'm sure she'll be fine. The worse that can happen is she might be a little disoriented or mad at you but there's really nothing wrong with that. There's so much worse horseplay that goes on in the water that is allowed but dangerous.
-Chris

now, I cant swim.:p I wont lie. I can "maneuver" through the water, but not swim. I've done plenty of handstands ( in the shallow end of course :p ) and I've been tickled. I immediatly laughed underwater WHILE surfacing. Does that make sense. I didnt in hale at all, but that's just me. The best thing that one can do is go underwater and tickle the person while their head is above the water.

Ex: I didnt want to get in a pool, so I just stuck my feet in the water;) A lady named Sue swam up to me and my friends ( about 5 of us) and asked why we werent in the water and that the water was great. We just said we didnt feel like it. She got this playful grin on her face, and said suit yourself and took a deep breath. She went under water and grabbed my ankle and started to tickle my toes.:D She did that for about 15 secs. She came back up and said if you guys dont get in, I'll get the rest of you. My friends took their feet out the water and moved away from the pool:p but I stayed ( gee, I wonder why...;)

So I agree w/ Mimi. Make sure the lee is above water, and YOU go under.:cool:

yeah, it's happened to me before too, and I didn't have any problems, but I hafta say, better safe than sorry. I mean, it's just that there's a chance, ya know? In a way, I usually kinda expect it, but that's because my mind works like....well, like the mind of almost everyone else on this forum :p But yeah, Im thinkin better safe than sorry ;)

~clair :D

Re: I can't speak for the pool...

steph said:
...but I did have a really fun experience in a hot tub recently in a luxury hotel...I'm afraid the giggling scared away the other hot tubbers inside of minutes, but seeing how it worked so well two days in a row, I think we learned a valuable trick to "how to score the hot tub for yourself" :D :D :D

XOXO

P.S.: To keep things on topic, although I didn't see it coming and I enjoyed it immensely, had I been underwater in a pool, the surprise alone would have caused me to inhale about a gallon of water...I'm in agreement with the most of the rest, O.P. (original poster) Better safe than sorry...

Ahhhh yes, gotta love the hot tub ;) :D Sadly, I've never been tickled in one though, LOL :rolleyes:

An ex gf and I were once sharing a tube ride behind my buddy's boat... great fun, btw ;)... anyway we started battling for position and she started tickling me to get the upper hand... talk about dangerous! LMAO :D Needless to say, the smack when I hit the water was rather uncomfortable :sowrong: LOL

I agree with sinner, not a big deal. I can't count how many times I've been tickled in a pool and tickled others in a pool. A quick foot tickle isnt going to make anyone freak out, especially since your feet are way less ticklish when wet. Maybe the unexpected touch would get someone jumpy but if they can do a handstand under water, they can take a little foot tickle :) Now if you hold someone underwater and tickle them where they are really ticklish, that could be bad.
Just in case I've installed a sign at my pool. :D

notickling.jpg

tklgal226 said:
yeah, it's happened to me before too, and I didn't have any problems, but I hafta say, better safe than sorry. I mean, it's just that there's a chance, ya know? In a way, I usually kinda expect it, but that's because my mind works like....well, like the mind of almost everyone else on this forum :p But yeah, Im thinkin better safe than sorry ;)

~clair :D

I like the way your mind works as it pertains to underwater tickling and major League Baseball

Red Sox Nation FOREVER!!!

DeNiro said:
I like the way your mind works as it pertains to underwater tickling and major League Baseball

Red Sox Nation FOREVER!!!

The Blue Jays DID give em' a run for their money this past weekend didn't they? :p :D Okay sorry, lol... back on topic... nothing wrong with getting in a few wet tickles! :D ;)

swimming

Iluv2Btickled said:
now, I cant swim.:p I wont lie. I can "maneuver" through the water, but not swim. I've done plenty of handstands ( in the shallow end of course :p ) and I've been tickled. I immediatly laughed underwater WHILE surfacing. Does that make sense. I didnt in hale at all, but that's just me. The best thing that one can do is go underwater and tickle the person while their head is above the water.

Ex: I didnt want to get in a pool, so I just stuck my feet in the water;) A lady named Sue swam up to me and my friends ( about 5 of us) and asked why we werent in the water and that the water was great. We just said we didnt feel like it. She got this playful grin on her face, and said suit yourself and took a deep breath. She went under water and grabbed my ankle and started to tickle my toes.:D She did that for about 15 secs. She came back up and said if you guys dont get in, I'll get the rest of you. My friends took their feet out the water and moved away from the pool:p but I stayed ( gee, I wonder why...;)

So I agree w/ Mimi. Make sure the lee is above water, and YOU go under.:cool:

I believe it would be in YOUR best interest to learn how to swim, Iluv2b. Check out your local YWCA or YMCA. If I'm not mistaken, they still provide lessons.

Re: swimming

Faramir said:
I believe it would be in YOUR best interest to learn how to swim, Iluv2b. Check out your local YWCA or YMCA. If I'm not mistaken, they still provide lessons.

I dont know if they provide free lessons for an 18 yr old. since I'm considerd an adult now, they'll prob charge me. lol:D

my 2 cents

I've been tickled while I was underwater, yea the first thing I did was exhale in laughter and inhaled water and came up chocking but it was all good.

Personally, I would probably choke and start panicking.

And when I got better, I would kick your ass... but that's just me.

Being tickled while I'm underwater.... I really wouldn't like that.

Sunny
:Kiss2:

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back