• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Playstation 2, Sandman's review

Sandman

TMF Expert
I had my wisdom teeth yanked last mon, so that put me out of commission for a few days after. I was at my parents house, so that eliminates doing anything but playing golf (which was a damn joke after I drank two beers.) Anyways, to pass the time on my Percocet induced beligerence-trip, I rented a PS2 from Blockbuster, and picked up a few games.
I feel bad for those of you that actually payed that bull, inflated price for this freaking thing. The load time is just as slow, the graphics are NOT improved (at least of what you'd thought they'd be), and the games are nothing short of weak.

Here is the list of games I checked out:

Madden 2001: Not bad. If it weren't for the childish rap song that annoyingly plays in your ear while you are trying to configure the game, this one would be the best sports game I've played. Once you actually get to the football part, you slowly begin to be impressed....that is until you use a team with a good running back, use the I-formation sweep play, and you gain 20 yards on it just like every other game in the past.

NHL Faceoff 2001: What a crock of you know what. Once again, you initially are impresses with smooth game play, easy goals, big hits, and multimedia enhancements. However, it took me fourteen season games to get into ONE fight. And to accomplish this, I had to turn the fatigue mode off, and use one line (The Ray, Boulton and Hamel line) for an entire period (after I was up by eleven goals.) And.....when I FINALLY got into a fight, it was the biggest crap I have ever seen. The commentary, and play-by-play keeps you interested throughout the game, especially during the action sequences (bigs hits, posts, goals, nice shots, fluries of shots, etc.) But when a fight breaks out, all you hear is a dull, subtle, monotone announcer come on and say, "And now we have a fight breaking out." The action sequence is cool, but guess what? When you fight, no one on your team is accessed majors. That's right.....No announcement of names, nothing. You still have your full bench. I was punishing the Leafs 14-5 and only ONE fight...by some guy on the Sabres wearing number 68. go figure...

Red Faction: Somewhat interesting. An action based RPG. Kind of wierd at first getting used to the analog controls, but still nothing great. I thought this thing was supposed to have minimized load time? Bull....the thing easily takes 45 seconds to load between scenes.

Rugby: This game is actually pretty cool. However, since I don't know shit about Rugby, and if I knew the rules, basic moves, etc, this would probably suck too.

Twisted Metal: Awesome game, like number 2.

I hear that Metal Gear Solid 2 is supposed to be coming out soon for this system, but I still can't see how this thing is worth the $350. This is just another shitty trick by Sony to rip people off, and to make more money....I am glad I didn't give in and buy it.

Anyone else have opinions of this thing? I wanted to post about it earlier but now have the time. All in all it is OK if your a big time game freak, but not worth the price and is overatted in my opinion(IMO).

I totally agree with you about the price Sandman. Fortunately I didn't pay for mine with hard earned money. Graduation is a wonderful thing. One thing that helped persuade me to buy it was that it could play dvds. So if I wanna kick back in the dorm and watch some vids I don't have to have two separate machines. Plus I love the Final Fantasy series which is being continued only on the Playstation 2, which really bugs me. I sort of agree about the quality of the games so far. I'm not big with the sports games, and they haven't come out with much else. Twisted Metal Black by far is my favorite of the ones I've played. I'm just waiting til February so I can buy Final Fantasy X. Hopefully it will not be a let down like some of the other games they have made.

FF

Final Fantasy game are awesome! I never get tired of Final Fantasy 7.

I know what you mean. I loved 9 and I can't wait to see what 10 is going to be like. Should be awesome!

........I've decided to play it safe on this entire video game console thing........and wait for the xbox to come out.......I don't really have enough money to waste on the ps2, if a better system is coming out anyway.......but that's just me......

......and so, I shall wait.........hopefully, bill gates shall not forsake me........or maybe the gamecube'll be cool.....but I doubt that.........

i dont know much about this subject but one of my cousins has playstation 2 and he loves it:)

As long as you don't have to pay all the money for it then Im sure anyone would love it.

from what i`ve heard the xbox isn`t anything special,wait for nintendo gamecube to come out b4 you get it.....tiger woods golf for ps2 is a great game,gran turismo 3 is good,dynasty warriors 2 is good,and tekken tag is good two..but tekken 4 should be coming soon,i know its in the arcade

PS2 ROCKS

I own a ps2 and have twisted metal: black, gran turismo 3, nba street, dead or alive 2 hardcore, and silent hill 2......each one of these games is awesome, and with metal gear solid 2 and final fantasy 10 on the way, you really cant go wrong by buying one! Gamecube= little kiddie games......xbox games look stupid so far, its the obvious choice!

gamecube is gonna have alot of good games,not just kiddie shit..plus it`s only $200

System Wars

I think that in the long run, Gamecube will be triumphant. For one thing, Gamecube is by far the best choice because its 100$ less than the competing consoles.....and overpowers ps2 and is competition to the xbox. Plus, they have some of the best game developers behind them including, miyamoto! I think the xbox is finished before it even comes out! Ps2 will be the only competition to the almighty GC.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back