• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Origins of this place

TicklishKev

TMF Poster
Hey,

I've been a lurking member of the tk community for years now, and for some reason right at this moment I was thinking of what it was like before the TMF existed. I apologise if this story is wrong, but I think it's worth remembering. If memory serves me right, this forum was originally made by a guy (I forget his name) who'd never made a website before and had no idea how to, but wanted to make the perfect tickle site. He was always asking pointers on the a.m.t. newsgroup, then eventually made one called the tickling galaxy, or something like that. Afterwards came the TMF, but the guy who started all this suddenly found religion and pretty much damned anyone who came here.

Of course that's how I remember how it all happened based on what I saw. I hope it resembles the truth. If it is, I really do find it remarkable that one guy who knew nothing about web-building started what became the mecca for tickling enthusiasts online. I just wish I could remember his name.

Kev

It seems to me that scott/psycho4048 is somewhat off-limits, when it comes to discussion on these boards. Why? Nobody seems to want to discuss him or to talk about the history of these boards. We must sort out the true history of these boards and this community now, or else it will be lost forever. The history of this place will become nothing more than an assembly of apocryphal stories, lies, damned lies (and maybe even statistics).
Can anyone add to the history of this place. I only got involved about 5/6 years ago.

hmmm

That's a very good question, I should know how this place came about since I've been online in the tickle community long before this forum existed... I really can't recall though :confused:

The TMF was started by Scott in late 2000. It was not his first website, before it he had created and run the Tickling Galaxy and Tickling Universe.

He wanted to create a place where members of the community could meet and discuss things. Perhaps feel less alone in the like and see that others shared it. He also wanted it to be a moderated place where people could be without fear of constant attack.

With this in mind he gathered a group of people from the community and opend the forum on the old EzBoard.

The forum succeeded and after getting a sponsor in the form of MTP it was moved to a dedicated server and took on the form you see here.

Not long after this, Scott had a personal realization involving his faith and came to feel that he had led people astray by creating the forum, and chose to leave it. He was allowed to speak his views here, and if once looks in Gen Dis you can still find them.

With his departure, I was asked if I wished to run the forum (April of '01) and have done so since.

In the years we have added and lost mods for various reasons, and have seen the comunity grow stronger and more cohesive. There are now other forums, companies, and sites that serve the community, many of which got their start here on the forum. People have met an married via the forum. And of online fetish communities, we are among the leaders in active female membership, a rarity in forums of our nature.

A lot has happened here for the positive in 4 years.

Scott built a good thing.

I've kept it's history. I just don't talk about it often.

Myriads

Also this forum has the most people I have seen on any forum of any kind. Maybe I just havent been looking in the right places but....anyways. I consider myself a christian and I still come here. I havent read much about it but why is it that scott and others like him believe that way. BTW didnt he turn the old ezboard site into a christ forum. I believe its still called the TMF. (or something close to that)

Psycho

Newcastle Uni said:
It seems to me that scott/psycho4048 is somewhat off-limits, when it comes to discussion on these boards. Why? Nobody seems to want to discuss him or to talk about the history of these boards. We must sort out the true history of these boards and this community now, or else it will be lost forever. The history of this place will become nothing more than an assembly of apocryphal stories, lies, damned lies (and maybe even statistics).
Can anyone add to the history of this place. I only got involved about 5/6 years ago.

Discussing Scott as the starter of the forum is not off limits at all. The thing we try to avoid is people flaming him for his change of heart, since he made some enemies through his actions after that. So, unless it's within the context of the good he did for the community, it's sometimes better left alone. As you've hopefully seen in Myr's response, the history of the forum (and of the online community as a whole) is kept track of. So, don't worry. People may not all know what that history is. But, it IS intact for any who care to check into it.

Originally posted by Psycho
I consider myself a christian and I still come here. I havent read much about it but why is it that scott and others like him believe that way. BTW didnt he turn the old ezboard site into a christ forum. I believe its still called the TMF. (or something close to that)

Psycho

There are plenty of Christians here. Scott's personal faith struggle was one that led him to feel he'd misled people. He tried to rectify that by expressing what he saw as the truth. That's something that a lot of people do....related to religion or not. I guess it's human nature. As for whether the ezboard site is what he later used as his religious site, I'm not sure. I went to the site shortly after he posted the link. But, I haven't been in a long time and don't know it's story. Last I talked with Scott, he was looking at starting formation for religious life, aiming at eventually being a priest. Whether or not he's still persuing that or has discerned that he belongs elsewhere, I don't know.

Ann

Hi,

Yeah, despite how Scott felt, I still have great respect for the guy. I still remember his earlier posts on the a.m.t. asking around about how do do various things to make a a really good tickle site but had never made one before. Now look at what happened. I think he deserves a lot of respect. The sad thing is, he left because he believed he did a bad thing. I know practically all the work was done by the current moderators and such, but he began the process, and it glued together a very disjointed community. I think he deserves to be remembered. :)

Kev

scott

I wouldn't say I know Scott extremely personally, but I have spoken with him both over the phone and on AIM a few times. My good friend even helped him peice together the old TMF and made the original layout and content for Scott's Call to Christ website after he decided to become more of a religeous person. I miss they guy...he was a major part of this community then he almost literally vanished. For a few weeks to a month people bashed the hell out of Scott, but it rolled off his back and said, in so many words to the rest of us "I'm doing what I feel I need to do, and I'm not persecuting those who wish to stay here and do what they are free to do." And on another note, if he hadn't of given control to Myriads, the TMF may not have continued. Yeah, this may be a fetish and fantasizing web site, but aside from that there are real people here with real lives, some extraordinary, some not, that have built friendships and even romantic relationships here. It's a common ground that many fetishists who are still in the dark can find restitution. Scott may no longer be the head mod here anymore, but he's still a good man. I wish him well.

Re: scott

cloudgazer2k said:
For a few weeks to a month people bashed the hell out of Scott, but it rolled off his back and said, in so many words to the rest of us "I'm doing what I feel I need to do, and I'm not persecuting those who wish to stay here and do what they are free to do."

Actually he WAS attempting to convince most of us that the forum was an evil creation that should be abolished at that point. His zeal was commendable, but his 180 degree about face was a sad event for many who had just recently embraced the concepts put forth on the TMF. Nonetheless, his place in the history of the site won't be disappearing anytime soon. Personally I expect him to reappear eventually. The "Purge" that he experienced is fairly common event among us at points in our life, and we all handle it differently and with varied amounts of success. Given that this fascination doesn't grow weaker with age though, I'd bet on 99% of us returning to our roots........

Q

I think his main stumbling block was his complete disregard for spiritual variety. I've debated this with many people in various religious threads over the years, but none were so close-minded as Scott. It struck me that he was terrified. It seemed to be the likliest motivation. He couldn't seem to appreciate that a world in which everyone was catholic would have horribly little variety. Or maybe he did appreciate it and just thought it was wrong. *shrugs* People would say to him that the tickling site wasn't bad because they did it platonicly; as if to try and take the sexual sting out of it. He'd come back with, "but my friends, deep down it is lust that motivates you. whether you tickle with sex or without, it is lust at the bottom of it." And I was like "yeah, that's about the size of it." lol To me, (and indeed many who share Scott's particular faith) there's nothing wrong in indulging those feelings, providing you are in charge of them, not the other way around.

I'd like to think that Q is right when he says that the guy will tip up again eventually. I'm not so confident as him though. Scott was, I think, in his early 40's when his change of heart struck. not as likely to turn around as some teenager thinking that their conversion is the most important thing in a world centred on them. Scott knew where he stood and I think he weighed all that before he vacated the premises. I certainly do hope I see him around here again though. Look at the fruit of his labours! :)

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back