• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What do you do?

Sandman

TMF Expert
So where does everyone work and what do you do? What was your first job? Your worst job ever? I have went threw so many jobs in my short time. First it was Hardee's, jumped up a bit and worked at a Hotel. Then I started a tanning place with a bud of mine which I still own. Right now besides running that I work at a cable company selling cable. What about everyone else?

Do what?

I've been an engineer longest, and most often. Otherwise, I've been:
-Piping designer/drafter.
-Bartender.
-Cook.
-Labor foreman.
-Carpenter, drywall hanger, house painter, jack-leg plumber.
-VW Beetle mechanic.
-Body-and-fender man.
-Musketry instructor (rifle/handgun), armorer (Govt. Model 45 Auto).
-Gardener.
-Armed guard.

Strelnikov

What do I do? I break things.

Really.

All I gotta do is explain precisely how to break them again, and I get a reasonable chuck o' change for it. Technically it's called quality assurance, or more simply, testing. Beats bein' a musician, though. That's the degree I got in college. Better hours and better pay. Not as fun, though, and there are definite sideline benefits to a good tour.

My first job, beyond my paper route, was as a house painter, if memory serves. That, or a janitor. I did both in my freshman year in high school.

The worst? Managing at a software company. Sucked most thoroughly. Actually computer hardware companies weren't any better for that. I prefer breakin' things. I'm good at that, and take little flak when doin' it.

I do have a greater sympathy for my manager, now, though.

Navy...machinist...locksmith....sheet metal worker

Well, I don't have a job now, but I can tell you what I will be. This summer I'm getting A+ Certified, so I'll work at Circuit City or something fixing computers for lots o' money :: rubs hands together ::

I work at a hotel during the week as a switchboard operator and I work at a restaurant on the weekends as a host. My first job was at a ski area as a cashier in one of the cafeterias. As for my worse job, it's a toss-up between being a banquet server and being a supermarket cashier.

I'm ok with the two jobs I have now.

The Rhythm Doctor

Currently, I'm in my last year of university finishing off a computer science degree. My first job was doing web pages/graphics design....I've had a few different programming jobs and systems analyst jobs, including travel to install new computer systems in manufacturing environments.

Still not sure where I want to work when I graduate....

the worst job I ever had was working for a Christmas tree farm. for an entire summer I planted baby trees... hundred and hundreds of trees. tree after tree after tree... the monotony drove me nuts! lol the only up side was a great tan. :)

today I work in nutrition/health care.

Copy editor. I'm preparing to go back to school and get a MLS soon, so I can move on to the thrilling field of librarianning. And I can't say I've ever had a bad job.

I write questions and host quiz programs. I have been making a living at this for quite a while; as a matter of fact, yesterday there was champagne flowing, as I celebrated the 25th anniversary (to the very day) of the first time I stood up in public to moderate a quiz. Oh, I didn't make any money at first, that took 2 or 3 years ...

Bit of this and that...

Started working at 10 years old as a grass mower, had my own accounts by 13. Worked at Gristedes groceries in various departments for a few years in high school. Security guard, bouncer, subpoena server, collections department, Pepsi Cola management, independent restaurant management, and am now semi-retired business owner who dabbles in computer repair/education/ video game creation/screenplay writing/ general writing/ wasting time and energy as I see fit...lol. Want to hear more from Charlie! Does your name rhyme with..."Begis"?? ;) Q

geez, i feel like such a little kid! Im 18 and my only jobs so far have been public school and my job in the mall.

Darn....

Too bad...always wanted to meet a "quizzzz master" (remember that from Mary Tyler Moore...lol?) Regardless, seems like an intersting field, at least from the viewpoint of a conservative business type..:) Q

JOBS

Well I was U.S.A.F. for 10 years Minot N.D. RAF Lakenheath U.K. (MY BEST ASSIGNMENT)Norton afb in San Bernardino CA Moody afb Valdosta GA Iwas aircraft sheetmetal&paint shop the last 5 yrs I have been driving tractor trailer in the U.S.&Canada

Interesting question

Worked my summers at a local restaurant waitressing, cooking, dishwashing, etc. Telephone operator for a message center wasn't too taxing. Tutor/TA during college. Kennel worker/vet assistant. Nothing too terrible. As for my present profession, I'm a veterinarian. Worked at a mixed animal practice for a while and did my share of emergency duties. Not always pretty. But I do love my work. Now I work at a small animal practice where days are more predictable....with an occasional snarling dog/hissing cat thrown in for good measure. Just have to live with the battle scars!

I used to be a travel agent for more than 24 years now, working in different positions within the job, like tour guide, group travel organization, marketing, and branch manager for big chains. Since a few months, I'm unable to work for health reasons, so my main job now is Moderator of TMF. The payment sucks (i.e. none at all), but the rest is okay most times. :)

Well, one of the most fun jobs i ever had was working at a pizza place as a cook. Just a good time. Currently for the past 3 years i have been a personal trainer and i love it.

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back