• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Maxim's top 100 chickies...and I want your opinion about something.

JoBelle

3rd Level Orange Feather
Hey y'all

So I'm sitting here watching some late night television and as I pass VH1, I hear one of those blonde girls ;) , not Hilton, but the other one...and she's saying, "I hate being tickled."

Apparently, it was a list of the "hottest" 100 chickies in the public eye. I'm not sure if it was a nbew program or an old one, so forgive me if this has been covered before. During the show, they were asking a few of the women random questions. Some of their answers were absolutely hilarious. When they got to the number one, which was Jessica Simpson, who I agree is a beautiful woman...they asked her the tickle question too.

Now, this is my reason for bringing this up. I know that most people here would be thrilled to hear something about tickling in the public forum, but what gets me is very simple. This is supposed to be all above the sexiest women around, right? Well, they made a point to ask about tickling. Hmmm...yeah..and ...?

Well, so much talk around here is all about how this little community of ours is isolated. How ticklephiles are "misunderstood," etc. I think that bit of being self-worry needs to simply poof in the night. I mean c'mon...they associated it with the sexiest woman in the world.

Ah well..just a lot of rambling I suppose. I just found it funny that so many folks worry about it, but it was so easily answered associated with the erotic images of these women. Can't be that taboo.

Any thoughts?

Jo

A good point... I've always thought that Maxim and Howard Stern addressed the tickling thing due to the suggestive answers that are often given. Some women might mention that they are ticklish on their feet or armpits, etc., but others like to give that sly look and say something like, "Well, dear, where do you THINK I'm most ticklish?" I think tickling is definitely a sexual metaphor for most people when it's addressed in a magazine like Maxim, because you figure that some of the places where we're most sensitive or ticklish are also erogenous zones. I suppose the only part that is awkward is when someone associates arousal with a body part that isn't normally seen that way. Take, for example, how common the foot fetish is on this forum, and how only some women actually find something like a foot massage erotic. I think the confusion that results from mixed messages concerning one person's interest and another's lack of that same interest is what encourages the semi-secrecy employed by many of us in this "scene." I would guess that most people wouldn't find the tickling fetish that strange, as long as it's presented in a "normal" or playful way. I suppose the same could be said of things like foot fetishes, but there have been negative connotations given to such things due to a few weirdos out there. You know... the people that get arrested for non-consensually indulging in their fetishes....

Honestly, I don't think tickling is as big a taboo as people make it out to be. I don't go around with a sign hanging from my neck or anything, but if the topic of sexuality and such comes up, I have no need to hide it. I've yet to be run out of town or lose a single friend or aquaintance over it.

I feel that tickling is becoming more mainstream not because of anything to do with tickling in and of itself, but because of fetishes in general gaining more of the public eye. There is so little that is taboo anymore that tickling should continue to show itself more over the next few years.

Think of the crap that "reality" TV (which is 90% scripted anyway) throws at us everyday. With people whoring themselves for money, being set up to cheat on thier partners (for money), eating dumpster sludge (for money) and just about anything else you can think of in the name of corporate-sponsored moronica...is tickling really that big a thing? Besides, they're running out of shit to do and the 12-year-olds are going to get bored soon. Give it time.

Maxim has put the question out there many times and has had blurbs or sometimes entire articles on the subject. It's a magazine about male fantasy. That's their job. Stern on the other hand doesn't give a shit about it, he just occasionally puts some idiot chick in his retarded "tickle chair" because the FCC won't let him do a show about models shitting themselves.

By the way, Jessica Simpson won that thing? You've got to be kidding me. There are a far sexier women out there, and Ms. Simpson is probably one of the two stupidest people on the face of the planet (she married the other one). It figures that our current "society" would choose one of its morally bankrupt pop-sluts to aspire to. If you're going to go for a celebrity...give me the maturity, sensuality, humor and beauty of someone like Diane Lane any day.

I saw the commercial for this show last week. I guees it's nice to see such a mainsteam mentioning of tickling, although Jessica Simpson's response was she's "ticklish in her groin". So it definetly sounds like the question was asked to illicit some kind of sexual response.
And I agree Jessica has no business being number one on that list.(or any list) It's only because she's the current "it" girl in pop culture, who's going a long way with her "I'm so stupid" routine.

Drew

Thanks for moving this to the proper forum, Dave. :)

And I think you're right about society and the whole fetish thing. I too think that is why we see it more than we used to. I'm with you on the hide or not-to-hide issues. I've never been one to closet my kinks. I don't bring them up at funerals, but if it's the topic at hand, I'll speak up with no problem. That has always led to me trying to understand the people who fear "exposure." This show was just another chink in the defensive armor I see folks wearing. Mc has a point too though. There are a lot of folks who would too easily label them unhealthy for such thoughts and the stigma paralyzes them.

As far as Simpson's being the top person.Of course it has to do with her current celebrity. That's the point. I've never heard of Diane Lane, and I daresay that even folks like me who don't "do" pop culture, would be like "Diane who?" That would effectively render the show and their list meaningless, no?

As far as who made the list, I happen to think that Simpson is a beautiful woman. She has a gorgeous face with big eyes, long tick hair, and a body that is fit, but still feminine. To me, that's lovely. Maybe nto the most beautiful woman in the world, but not a bad choice either. The most beautiful woman is probably some gorgeous brunette wearing old thin clothes while tending to her daughter in a small shack in India. :rolleyes: Beauty is in the eye though, right?

J.

Hi Jo~

I think you probably do know Diane Lane. She's been acting since we were kids. She's one of those rare actors that chooses quality over quantity so she never got overexposed but more recently, she played the wife is "Glass House", Richard Gere's wife in "Unfaithful" and "Under the Tuscan Sun." She's a great actress, a couple years older than me and never did the Hollywood plastic surgery bimbo thing--she is stunning, very natural.

XOXO

I remember Tara Reid was posing in Maxim at the time (one of her umpteen appearances...guess there's not a lot of actual 'acting' work on her doorstep), and one of the questions was "where is your most ticklish spot?".
She goes on to say she's wildly ticklish, but can't stand it. Maybe Maxim is staffed by tickle-philes, ya think?

The Sean Man

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back