• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

PC gamer or CONSOLE?

Krokus

3rd Level Green Feather
Which are you? I am a PC gamer.....I like consoles.....but Im hooked on Ultima Online and Starcraft and Serious Sam and Half-Life......to name a few...LoL, I just think PC games have higher quality.

Ive been a PC gamer exclusively for years, but Im giving serious thought to making the switch, as the whole genre evolves into something so complex that you need a degree just to get your computer to work with a new game. On top of that its gotten so you need a new PC everytime Moore's law rolls around if you want to really enjoy the latest games.

Consoles all the way...........

I'm a huge console gamer........always have been. I've played and own most of the systems past and present (with the exception of the ps2, as well as any other systems on the horizon) I have played some pc games.....but I think that when it all comes down to it, I prefer my couch to the rigid computer chair I have. Anyway, to prove my overall absense of cool, here's a short list of my game consoles :D

-atari
-sega genesis (including the 16 bit system)
-sega cd
-sega saturn
-plastation (including the ps one)
-game boy (original, color, and advance)
-game gear
-neo geo pocket color
-n64
-dreamcast

That's really the only ones I can think of off the top of my head......man.....I really do need a life, heh..........

both

I like both, however i would have to say console purely because i cant afford to upgrade my PC to run all the newest games.:(

I play both but prefer PC. The last console I bought was the Dreamcast. I'm considering buying a newer console,but have to think about it. I find I enjoy PC gameing more.

Long ago in a galaxy far away…
I played the first version of Dune on my old 286 and I decided to sell my Atari for a RAM upgrade.
I’ve played all of the famous PC games since. The overall quality of PC games have never been surpassed by consoles. They may have better graphics or ease of use but the versatility of the PC platform still generates the finest games.

Console VS PC Gaming...

This truely is a tough one. I have been playing pc games from when the 386 came out (Doom and such) and I played Super Mario Bros. on Nintendo when it came out. I have witnessed the world of gaming change right before my eyes... Well then, I truelly have to say that I chose no favourit console. I love the graphics and detail of PC games and the whole joystick/controller of the console systems. This is the biggest draw I have ever had to pull.

-Nny-

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"You don't like Beethoven. You don't know what you're missing. Overtures like that get my... juices flowing. So powerfull.. But after his openings, to be honest, he does tend to get a little fucking boring. ...That's why I stopped!"

Gary Oldman "The Professonal"

I have been a PC fan for so many years. However it seems that over the last two years that you can't by a PC game without downloading several patches and making fine adjustments to your system to allow the game to run.

I finally got sick and tired of crossing my fingers everytime I loaded a new PC game. I recently switched to a PlayStation 2 and I could not be more happy. When ever I feel like playing a game I just turn on the PS 2 pop in a game and I am having a good time. Also I don't have the fear of my PC crashing anymore. My PC has been 100% stable since I stopped playing the latest, greatest PC titles.

Although I still return to the PC from time to time for "Combat Mission"

I love playing fighting games like Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive 2 on the Dreamcast and games like Baldur's Gate and Diablo on my laptop.

I used to like PC adventure games like all the different 'quest' games by SIERRA, but with the increases in technology and all the changing formats, I don't like what Sierra turned into. I was also into older Advanced Dungeons & Dragons games (not Baldur's Gate, but the OLD games, like Champions of Krynn, Death Knights of Krynn, Curse of the Azure Bonds, etc.), most of today's games won't run on any computer as Jeff says, unless your system has the EXACT prerequisites for the game, which pisses me off. Also, I can't really play older games, because my new computer is too fast for them (Yet, with all the advancements Microsoft STILL cannot create a decent Windows operating system that doesn't crash every 5-10 minutes?) I mostly stick to emulators and roms, because they're free, and they actually work on my computer. Now I can play all the old console games I used to have that can't be found anymore.

Other than that, I primarily stick to console, and that means Playstation 2. When I have time to play, I'll blast through any Final Fantasy or Squaresoft game that's available.

Ah! Fellow brethren!

AD&D beats out PC games AND console games for me. I never played first edition, though I have the Dragonlance campaign book for it. I play second edition, and I'm trying to learn third edition (I'm a little skeptical about it, though. The system is alien to me, and I don't like a lot of the new details. WHY??? Why did TSR have to go bankrupt and sell out to Wizards of the Coast??? I thought I was supporting them financially by buying all their stuff! What is the economy coming to? And why did WOTC decide that Dragonlance was not to be made into a third edition campaign setting? What is the world coming to?) It bites, though. I don't get to play much anymore, because being in the military and owning a house takes most of my time. Here and there, I still squeeze little drops of it into my life, though. Just like tickling.

Biscuit, I've developed a little web page with some of my friends' and my characters and creations. If you want, come check it out, sometime. There's not much to it, yet. I've been trying to develop it more, but my friends haven't been submitting any of their characters' bios or stats, because they also have busy lives. It's slowly improving, though.

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/chrisociety

Gotta go with PC Gamer, since most of the games I'd like to play are of the role-play variety, necessitating a keyboard. Besides that, I do love to play console games, don't get me wrong, but I lost interest in them if I don't have people to play with or against, which is more and more with mostly married friends. LOL

Smiley

I have been mostly a PC Gamer my adult life . My first system was Nintendo NES ..... amazing system for the mid eighties. I had Sega Saturn and Genesis and Super Nintendo as well .

Tried PSIII and thought is was terrible , Have a Wii and it is pretty cool

Still play the majority of games on PC . Alot of that has to do with my all-time favorite game Diablo II is a PC only ... Patiently waiting for Diablo III in 2011 :beathorse:

If you need auto-aim for something to work properly it kinda sends a message that something isn't right.

I'll have a mouse over a console controller any time, although if I'd be able to hook up a mouse and keyboard to a PS3 I'd probably switch.

I remember when you had to use DOS to input insrtuctions to start games...lmao

7th Guest and 11th Hour were just awesome back in the day

I remember when you had to use DOS to input insrtuctions to start games...lmao

7th Guest and 11th Hour were just awesome back in the day

That was some seriously cool shit indeed.

Despite the technical limits of the day some very awesome games were made.

I'm seriously amused by the fact that you dug out a 9 year old thread :D Still, since we are here- PC games all the way ;)

Console for me, Dabbled in PC games but got tired of having to constantly tweak settings on a game for optimum performance. With a console I know that I don't have to scale down the graphics for a smoother frame rate.

Used to be PC now more consoles as online is available.

Pc used to play Warcraft II, Duke Nukem, Starcraft, Combat Arms.

But I don't have enough Ram for those games and I am tired of the hackers.

I have moved to playing the Wii online.

I play Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Call of Duty Modern Warfare, Call of Duty Black Ops.

I like the free online.

I'm a huge console gamer........always have been. I've played and own most of the systems past and present (with the exception of the ps2, as well as any other systems on the horizon) I have played some pc games.....but I think that when it all comes down to it, I prefer my couch to the rigid computer chair I have. Anyway, to prove my overall absense of cool, here's a short list of my game consoles :D

-atari
-sega genesis (including the 16 bit system)
-sega cd
-sega saturn
-plastation (including the ps one)
-game boy (original, color, and advance)
-game gear
-neo geo pocket color
-n64
-dreamcast

That's really the only ones I can think of off the top of my head......man.....I really do need a life, heh..........

Both.

I have the following systems:

Atari
Nintendo
Super Nintendo
Wii
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
Sega Dreamcast
PSX
PS2
PS3
A Computer

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back