• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Beano website

munchausen

TMF Expert
On www.beanotown.com, if you click on "museum," most of the time you get a cute cartoon of a bunch of kids about to tickle-torture their (alas, male) teacher in stocks at the top of the page.

For those who don't know, The Beano is a long running comic series in the UK. I heard there's a lot of tickling in it, but as I'm a Yank, I don't really know. Any Brits have any information, or scans?

i'm familiar with the Beano! and i'm not even British! XD they got funny comics in it like Denis the Menace (you heard me right, the Beano's most popular character is called Denis the Menace. Copywrite infringement or creative naming skills? u decide XD), Roger the Dodger, the Yeti with Betty, and many others.

Over here, what you call Dennis the Menace was simply renamed Dennis. So I think the Beano came first ;-)

Ah yes, The Bash Street Kids. Naughty little feckers, even though they should've had someone more aesthetically pleasing in that position! :p I liked The Beano as a kid. In fact my favourite character there was Roger the Dodger, 'cos I dig those sly types!

Yeah, the Beano definitely created Dennis the menace first. He made his first appearence in the early 50's. The Beano itself has been running since 1938.

Oh, and the guy about to be tickled on the website? He aint the teacher. Hes the brainy kid in the class, his names Cuthbrt. No one ever liked him. Although I havnt read the Beano for a few years, it DID feature tickling quite alot. Most of the time it was males getting tickled though. I DO recall I time where Minnie the Minx gets tickled, but thats it.

I have loads of old ones, and I definetely remember minnie being "tickled at the stake" in one strip. I'm pretty sure they are in a box somewhere, so maybe I have a look through the 500 or so that I had an see if I can find some to scan.

that would be great!

TkFrogg, that would be great. I'd love to see some of those old toons -- not because they're arousing or anything, but because they remind me of those first glimpses of tickling that caught my early interest. Kind of like old early '60s Batman comics -- they certainly aren't as cool as the newer stuff, but are interesting from an archivist's standpoint.

I remember one scene where Ivy the Terrible's dad was in the attic and his feet crashed through the floor with his feet sticking out from the ceiling below. A panel later, Ivy starts tickling his bare feet while he's stuck there. She did it to cheer him up! :p

Roger the Dodger was tickled after he inadvertently left an onion is his pocket in the cinema and made everyone cry during a comedy. The cinema owner was upset that people started the think the film was not funny, because of the crying, and so tickles Roger over a PA system to bring the crowds back in. You can't make stuff like that up. The Beano used to rule.

for TKFrogg: Roger the Dodger?

hey TK

how was roger tickled by the cinema owner? Do you have the issue # and all that crap cause i would probably want to track it down myself. Thanks :)

TC

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back