• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

question about genre of stories

munchausen

TMF Expert
I'm working on part 2 of "The Voyage Out" right now, and, reflecting my tastes, it's shaping up to be more of a fantasy (as in sci-fi/fantasy) story than the prologue might indicate. I do this partly because those kinds of stories are fun to write, and partly to avoid the monotony that threatens to infect even the best tk stories (as in, "Jane woke up to realize she was tied naked to the bed. Suddenly her ex-boyfriend appeared. He brandished a feather. "I remember how ticklish you are....")

Anyway, my question is, do people generally like fantasy-type stories? Does the genre even matter, if the writing is good? Would anybody not read a potentially interesting story just because it was fantasy? I notice that a story by a good writer (Sablesword) went largely unnoticed recently--is it because of the genre, or because the header seemed to suggest that it was about a centaur being tickled? Just curious.

Also, if the magnificent Captain Spalding reads this, any chance of reposting "A Grave, Ticklish Matter?" or, dare I suggest, a sequel?

munchausen ,

Anytime you add plot and character development to a fetish theme story you run the risk of alienating a segment of the fetish audience. The fact is that often times some readers are looking for a quickie to put it bluntly. There is always room for the "Jane" type stories. I have written them myself and there are more than a few of them out there that are great in their own right. However the true gems of tickling fiction in my opinion are from authors that have taken the time to weave together plot, setting, and character development into their tale.

There are many samples of finely crafted stories here on the TMF and while I agree that they often don't receive the accolades that other types of stories receive. There is a silent fan base that devourers this type of tickling literature.

I built the foundation of my magazines "Tales from the Asylum" and "Fiendish Intent" with this idea in mine. High quality, story driven tickle torture fiction. You can find the following genres in both magazines...contemporary, mystery, suspense, thriller, horror, science fiction, fantasy themes , and more..

We are over 21 issues strong and have featured some of the best internet authors available and we are always looking for more. Because people actually spend money to receive our products I think it speaks well of quality, story driven tickling fiction.

I agree that genre based stories can be a fun diversion and I encourage you to pursue what you enjoy about writing. The fans will emerge, some will even contact you in private if you make an e-mail address available. Also watch the number of views your post gets. While not scientific or accurate it does give you some sense of knowledge as to if anyone is reading your fiction.

Good luck and I welcome any tickling fiction that you have to offer.

Morandilas
MTJ Publishing
http://www.mtjpub.com

BTW - "E.K.B Sablesword" is an excellent author. Thank you for reminding me to comment on his latest creation.

Hey, Munch, Im anxiously awaiting the sequels to your Voyage Out series. Great start. Having a plot and building characters are key to good/great stories (even fetish stories). It makes it much more exciting for the reader. Please dont rush your storyline or alter your plot because you might alientate a few readers. I for one, appreciate the creative stories with original plots or at least common plots that are done with a new twist. I agree with MTJ Pub that the "gems" of the tickling stories are almost always written by authors who take the time to develop a plot. If you have the time, drive and talent(and I think you do) to write a story that combines tickling and a sci-fi plot, please indulge us.

P.S. whatever happened to the final sequels to TickleWizards "Tickle Lottery Story"? I thought he was a roll and then he stopped. If you read this Wizard let me know if there are more in the works.

While I admit I've occasionally been guilty of skipping to "the good bits," it's also true that the stories that take the time to set up plots, characters, and unique premises are the ones that stick in the mind. Anyone can toss off a scene where some faceless, nameless ticklee is tied spread-eagle and tickled by an equally undefined tickler, and while those may be fun to read, they're not memorable because every such scene is basically like every other. The set-up and execution is what makes a tickling story unique.

I've been trying to move away from fantasy/SF elements in the stories I do for a while now, but not because I think the genre's illegitimate. Rather, I worry about overreliance on the easy plot devices made available by the presence of magic and/or superscience to the point where they bog the story down. But judging from your work, I doubt you'll have any problems there, and I look forward to seeing the final product.

Thanks for the input

I appreciate the thoughtful responses. I don't mean to dump on the "quickie" stories, which take their own kind of expertise, and are certainly valid, but I kind of like a good story with a healthy dose of tickling better than a tickling scene presented with a hint of story. Speaking of which, does anyone remember a story called "The Tickling Professor" from the old Feathrstip site? Not the undeniably classic "Laughing Professor," about Margaret Standley, but one about a guy who just snaps and goes and tickles all the women who have dumped on him? It was good, and not quite as misogynistic as it sounds. Anyone have it?

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back