• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

More Rules - Another Modest Proposal

Strelnikov

4th Level Red Feather
OK, now that we've agreed to discuss things without name calling or dogma, let's try to improve the presentation.

Most of us have been the beneficiaries of a tax-supported public education. Let's make use of what we were taught. Let's use correct grammar, sentence structure, capitalization and punctuation. If you aren't sure about spelling, look it up in a dictionary. That's what we all did before SpellCheck - works just fine.

Group related thoughts together in paragraphs. Try to put together a coherent essay out of its component paragraphs. Then, before you click "Submit", read it over again and EDIT your post. Make sure your post actually says what you intend it to say.

If you follow these rules, you greatly improve the chances of having your post read and understood. Your post will be A LOT easier to read, and thus more likely to actually be read all the way to the end. Furthermore, first impressions do count - people who ignore these rules take the chance of having their post dismissed as a semi-literate rant.

Looking for examples? Read any essay written by William F. Buckley Jr. or Daniel Patrick Moynihan. Both write beautifully polished prose, without a word out of place. That level of skill isn't necessary here, but it's something to aspire to.

Strelnikov

- OR

Express yourself however you feel like it. Come here and relax for a change and express how you feel. If you write something that is incoherent, it may not be read at all. Most of us can make out the general idea of a person's post for the most part. I'm not about to try and decifer what and how people write. If I don't understand it, I just move on. KISS (Keep IT Simple Sexy) Be well.;)

Moderation...lol

Well....I also prefer to read a coherent post, but I do agree that no one should be intimidated by worrying about proper spelling/grammar/ English (in an international sense). But Strel has a point (as always..:) ) ...we could all strive to improve a bit! I read everything anyway, but at times I also fail to achieve an understanding of what the author is trying to convey. I dangle participles and overuse """"<,,,,)()(!!... some punctuation myself, due to laziness and bad typing skills. ;) Anyway, here's to a bold new world! Q

Bein' as I'm one t'use colloquialisms and regional dialectic spellings in my posts, I do hope I'm not offendin', Strel. OTOH, how many folks that speak as I do can spell it properly? ;)

I do dig the notion, though, of applyin' a bit more thought to the writin', and givin' more for the words typed.

Personally, I'm just impressed that you're seekin' t'better your surroundings. It's so... American of ya. I dig it. Speaks well of the Southern Man, y'know? I hope more consider your suggestion, sir.

dvnc
- wiley in the west

D V N C

Is no problem writing in dialect, tovarisch - is just another way of expressing personality.

Is problem when whole 2000 word post is single run-on sentence, without punctuation or capitalization, like writing of nekulturny barbarian. Zvo tovyu mat!

Strelnikov

Last edited:
What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back