• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

TOUGH logic problem

Dave2112

Level of Cherry Feather
Ok guys, try this one. There are no trick or hidden clues outside of the following description:

You are completely alone in a house. You are downstairs. There is a lightbulb in a fixture upstairs. You cannot see light or anything else from upstairs in any way.

There are three lightswitches in a row next to you. Only one of them turns on the light upstairs.

You are allowed ONE trip up and back down the stairs.

Without waiting for anyone to help, with one trip to check and three possible switches, how can you find out for certain which switch turns the upstairs light on?

Answer to logic problem

Flip the first switch then wait five minutes
Flip the 2nd switch and run upstairs

If the light is off, it’s the 3rd switch that turns the light on
If the bulb is cold, it’s the 2nd switch that turns the light on
If the bulb is hot, it’s the 1st switch that turns the light on

MB

Last edited:
Well, that didn't take long! Give the man a cigar!

Sandman, if you did that, you'd still have no way of knowing WHICH was the active switch.....

Assuming that we can see the lights that the other two switches control without going up the stairs, process of elimination could be used to determine which one controls the upstairs light.

Damn!

You're right, but the story is supposed to state that the other two switches are dead. I stupidly forgot that part. Good catch!

Another logic problem

Thank you, thank you. ** puffs cigar ** *wheeze, COUGH, COUGH, COUGH **

Now, **cough** Try this one: How far can you walk into a forest?

MB

I'll try.......

I suppose it's too simple to say half way? Because after that you would be walking out.....?

Correct Answer

That’s right mcarthdsvet. That question was on a test my dad had to take for his PhD as a Doctor of Philosophy.

Here, have my cigar.

MB

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back