• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

virus alert

shark

4th Level Yellow Feather
There is a virus that connects itself to email.it is dormant so your antivirus will not detect it,and in time it will harm your hard drive.to check for it:
click start
choose find
choose files and folders
select find
search your c-drive
look for SULFNBK.EXE
IF FOUND,DO NOT OPEN,DELETE AND EMPTY RECYCLE BIN

Holy cowpat! I had it!!! Thanks a lot for that warning! I don't know what it would have done, if anything, but it's gone now.

And to think I only searched for it because I was bored... wow...

Thanks again! I owe ya one. :)

Shark,where did you find out about this. I've found an application in my c drive titled SULFNBK and it has the windows emblem. It's also been in my system since June of 2000. Is this the same thing.

HOAX

I was just at a tech site that said this is a Hoax. All your deleting is a helpful file thats on all windows systems. Microsoft is trying to find a way to help people that have deleted sulfnbk.exe thinking it was a virus. By deleting this file you are kind of doing the work of a virus yourself. If you have deleted it don't fret, it is not needed for normal system operation.

However there are other articles warning if you get a email containing the word sulfnbk.exe it may contain a virus. Just do a keyword search on sulfnbk.exe and you will find alot on the subject as well as various advice. Some places also have easy instructions to restore once deleted.

Last edited:
Longbaugh,you are right.I contacted microsoft,who told me that this hoax first started in May and is now going around again.For all those who didn't delete SULFNBK.EXE.,DON'T.For those who did,please accept my apologies and visit:
http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99084&
This is the Mcafee site and microsoft has told me that this will tell you how to restore the file.What SULFNBK.EXE does is allow you to use long,many-charactered names for files.This hoax was first started in May,and is now making the rounds again.Again,my apologies to those who deleted,and to those who didn't,DON'T.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back