• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Does Anyone Play Any Music?

Krokus

3rd Level Green Feather
I for one, am a drummer for a local band in Dallas, how about anyone else?

I play guitar (hense the screen name guitman). I play blues, rock, and metal. I haven't been in a band for a while, but I have been recording some stuff on my own.

I played the cello when I was in high school. And I'm trying to learn the piano.

Thought this one came up before, but couldn't find it. Makes it worth comin' up again, I figure.

Lessee... I play a bit. Played synth in a few bands, after givin' up on singin' for a long while (fryed my voice, and had my adenoid tonsil removed from the throat damage). Even had someone plagiarize several tracks of my synth-playin', from a band I left. If it was any good, I'd be pluggin' it. Wasn't any good, IMO, so I ain't gonna. ;)

Voice came back to sing-able means, though a bunch deeper and rougher, alas, and I sang a bit thereafter, but mostly in small garage-style bands.

In that post-voice-fry time, learned most of the metalophonic and gong instruments for Javanese Gamelan (Central Java style, for both of you that know what the hell I'm talkin' 'bout).

Played a little guitar, too, in my wanna-be-a-punk days. My hearing is still slightly jacked at the high frequency ranges from this. Was strictly a strum-and-scream sort of player. Grew out of it.

Wrote a bunch of works from a variety of known musical styles. Dug writing Impressionist works most, though Romantic and Baroque each had an appeal, and helped my alterno-pop-synth stylings a bunch. Liked film-scoring the best, though only did stuff like that in school, and for a few simple product demos in geek gigs, long ago. Fun, but hardly notable.

Like damned near every musician in the computer biz these days, did a bunch of digital recording work, and now know a lot about what used to be done. All that stuff grows old the year you learn it, now. Alas. Thankfully, my best friend works at Digidesign, and has a fabulous setup, so if I ever think up something terribly fascinating, I can record the vocal work and guitars. The rest, I can emulate on synths, well enough for my purposes, 'cause I ain't releasin' anything publically. ;)

Not worth a whole $0.02,

dvnc

Bass guitar is my original instrument, but I've been heavily into keyboards for the last ten years or so. I also play guitar and sing.

I'd list all the bands I've been in, but that would be a book in itself and quite boring. I'd say the best ones were "Medicine Man" and "Buster Hymen and the Penetrators":D

i try to play the guitar but i can`t.....my fingers don`t do what my brain tells them to do

My usual response...

I play a mean triangle..."ding"....when I'm asleep I can play piano, but when I wake I have stubby little uncoordinated stumpy fingers that can't do anything musical. One of my lifelong regrets..

Tingalish problem

Hey Q the triangle is much harder to play than every one thinks! honest, ask any percussion player. You have to treat that "mother" with the utmost respect or it will bite your hand off!! apart from my acid jazz keyboard work I also do a lot of percussion and sometimes in a dire emergency I have to draught in the odd non percussion playing musician and they all think its going to be push over when you hand them the triangle but they all find out what a bitch that thing can be when they realize just how many wrong places in a bar of music there are to hit it! believe me Q that beast can reduce grown men to tears.

Cool!

So, basically I'm a pioneer in the triangle world of non rythmic percussion! I feel MUCH better now.....if anyone sees Billy Joel, tell him I can be available for his concerts, as long as there's no travel involved beyond Madison Square Garden... Q

The triangle is nothing to be ashamed of!
Remember Ed Grimley (Martin Short's pointy-haired alter-ego)?

One hell of a mean triangle player, I must saaaay....;)

Yeah, but...

Hey...he was good in his time, but I have perfected the art of eating a snickerdoodle while remaining perfectly out of rhythm with the other instruments around me. We evolve man, we evolve.... Q

Ok Q, try this...

Play a guitar solo onstage...after a party...while some chick is trying to dance(?) with you and another pours a shot down your throat.

God, I love live performance....:D

Dance....oops

If some poor gal is trying to dance with me, she'll have her hands full trying to not be hurt or laugh too hard! NOT my best trick...I'm extremely coordinated at sports activities, but rhythm and I are NOT acquainted!! :p Q

No worries, Q. Being perfectly arythmic is a natural talent of it's own. I bet it's even better when ya sing...

;)

dvnc

Ah...my other favorite love! I have been playing guitar for around 21 years and been in several bands. I had the very good fortune to actually play some gigs with the "big boyz" while I was in a traveling rock band that toured the western U.S. We opened for the likes of Greg Kihn, War, The Dynatones, Country Joe & The fish, Y&T, Joe Perry Project and a band called City Kids which later on became Tesla! For the last 6 years I have had a house gig in central California, playing Top 40 & Classic Rock every Thurs., Fri. and Sat. night.

As for my equiptment: My guitar is a 1982 Kramer Pacer with a Floyd Rose Bridge...and for amplifacation, I just bought a new Line 6 amp which is just about the best amp I have ever owned besides a modified Marshall 100 watt that was personally modified by Lee Jackson. I use very few effects....some chorus, delay, wah-wah, and reverb and that's about it. I have a talk box, but the novelty of it wears off after a while and it ends up collecting dust!

Rock On Everyone!

daddy

Lynchy is a budding musician! :) I am really serious about music (I just about live and breath it) and really want to hit the mainstream some day. I'm at music college right now, so I guess I'm one step closer. There are performances we have to do often, teaming up with people and covering songs by past blues/rock/pop artists.

My biggest passion is writing though. I've been through a big depression thingy the past few years, so my music is a great way for me to express it, get it out. I'm gonna put some stuff on my site soon if anyone's interested.

:whip: <----- I love this lil thing!!! hahahahahaha!!!

bass

Just started playing bass, I have a Fender Jazz bass, it's really good:cool:

Maybe a RIC would make it... :rolleyes:

Instruments..music...blalalalala

primarily guitar- electric and classical. Played in a Christian Rock group for over a decade, recorded a CD, never could nail down a contract, all that happy starving musician poopoo. Have massive carpal tunnel syndrome in my right wrist, so no playing at the moment but I am awaiting surgery on 12/3. I can hardly wait to be able to play my classical again. I played in bands to have fun and entertain others, but classical guitar was the one form of music that was just for me. It's almost as if a part of my soul has been stripped from me. Ah well, such is life sometimes.

Also, sax, keys, drums, sousaphone, baritone, banjo, mandolin. I was the freeky geeky band guru in school.

TD

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back