• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Windows XP?

qjakal

1st Level Indigo Feather
Anyone tried out the latest? I hear the boot time is theoretically vastly reduced, and am curious regarding other features... Q

Punch Cards...

heehee...remember those damn stacks of rubberbanded cards? 2 inches of cards for a silly pong game or some such nonsense! Q

yeah..right

Yeah,,,the BAD old days...I'm waiting for voice interfaces and telepathic command modules. Refuse to die until they come out!! Q

I have heard conflicting reports concerning Windows XP. An instructor of mine just recently installed it and he said that it does indeed start much faster and he said that he likes it better than Windows 2000, even though it seems to be a touch slower in terms of getting things done.

I also saw a notice on slashdot.org yesterday that referred to an article that did benchmarks comparing Windows 2000 and Windows XP. The gist of it was that Windows 2000 is slightly faster than Windows XP during light loads. But when the loads become heavier on the machine, Windows XP becomes much slower than Windows 2000. The performance gap between the two operating systems shrinks quite a bit when SMP is used.

Hey Q,

The Microsoft XP OS filters thru my bat-puter as I type this. Boot time is very fast for me, it feels smoother since I got rid of my crashing problems with Windows 98 second edition. It feels good, a little time to get use to though.

If any problem, it's the choosing to be compatible to certain programs by XP.
My CD burning program (Easy CD creator 4.02) is not compatible and they won't be creating XP drivers for it, so I have to buy version 5 at $99!
Totally pissed me off. If you got a lot of programs, make sure you check which ones XP is compatible too. I hear NERO burner doesn't work for XP. Check out the Microsoft XP newsgroups, quite helpful as well.

If you currently like your existing OS, stick with it I say, I only decided to upgrade cuz of my consistant crashing. I haven't crashed yet with XP!

DK

Last edited:
Hmmm

I'm running SE also, and I have the same CD creator program...lol. Guess great minds think and buy alike, eh? Never have had crash probs with this version...it's like a rock. Didn't care for ME or 2000, and I think I'll wait till I'm going to do a full upgrade to try XP....thanks for the feedback though! Q

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back