• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

search function?

daryl

TMF Master
can we bring back the search function? I miss that for looking for favorite stories/authors.

Daryl....It's slotted to come back, but not until sometime after the holidays. We need to solve our remaining space/server problems so it doesn't crash the forums again.

Ann

great news. I hadn't seen a reply to this in the general discussion, but the thread was so long I couldn't figure out where the answer was.

It's after the winter holidays. Any word on the search function returning? It really helps looking for stories by particular authors, among other valuable uses.

We think the same, please bring back the search function!
Love,
Anna and Heather

Still waiting on server move. Search returns after that happens.

Myriads

Thank you, Myriads.

Btw, related question. Can you have search results posted as topics/threads as well as replies? (If a poster posts many times in one thread, you have the option of seeing only one result per thread, to easier find which threads s/he posted in, rather than paging through many pages of the same thread. Useful for finding stories etc.) I don't remember if this option was available in TMF Search or not.

I have a question related to the search feature, for some reason, when I search for something, it responds with that "cannot find blah-blah-blah" message and gives me the instructions to refresh or something else, but when I do that, it just comes up with the advanced search options, and it does the same thing if I try that. Anybody know how to help me?

I'd say try searching on fewer terms that might stop the issue.

Myriads

Thanks for the tip, but not working, that "Cannot Find Server" message from Internet Explorer keeps showing up... In fact, it happens when I hit "submit" for replies, too...

Last edited:
Ive heard of that happening sometimes, but I dont know what causes it, and youre the first person Ive ever heard say that it happens to them consistantly.

I get the message using safari from time to time. I just try again and things work. I think it has something to do with how long the browser 'looks' for a a page and if there is a delay based on the webs response, the error happens. Is the TMF the only place where you get this sort of issue?

Myriads

Yes and it still happens now. I will mention, though, that when I use the search function in the FAQ's section, it works perfectly fine. But on the forums, it does not work. I went to Tickle Theater and the search function worked fine there for me. I noticed that when I also submit a reply or edit a message that I get the error message, but the post still is submitted or edited, the only problem with using the search function is that you can't press the back button and forward again or refresh the page, because it only brings me to an un-filled advanced search page.
I also want to add that when I submitted this, the error message didn't come up this time... let me try the search again...

Last edited:
My first instinct is to say that this is a corrupt cookie issue. You may want to try deleting the cookie the forum has provided to be rid of it, then log back in and get a new one (it's automatic) and see if that clears it up.

Failing that I fear it's a browser/web/system specific sorta thing. I'm pleased to hear that you can seaech via the basic function. That shows that it's working for you :)

Myriads

Thanks so much! I use Internet Explorer and I just deleted all cookies, temporary files, and changed the cookie update settings to never look for new ones (all those additional steps I took for good measure) and then closed out the window (I guess a form of "restarting" I.E.), opened a new one, and the search function worked. It had to do with one of those things, if not all. So, anybody who uses I.E. and has this problem, here's your solution, most likely. Thanks again.

I've extended the timeout limit of database calls, which may help with problems like this too.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back