• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What is so great about your city?

Sandman

TMF Expert
Time to repersent yo!:cool: ;)

So what is so cool about the city you live in? I'll start..

St. Louis- Of course the Gateway Arch. And the best baseball fans in the world!

atlanta: well i live close to it....never a shortage of things to do..braves won their 10th division title(we wont talk about the loss to arizona) great mix of people ...and home to the varsity the place that makes some of the best chili dogs on earth.:cool:

My City - San Jose

Do you know the way to San Jose?

So what's so good about it?

It's a hour from the ocean

An hour from San Francisco

4 hours from the snow in the winter

1 1/2 hours from the Delta (about 10,000 miles of water way that runs throughout California and connects to the San Francisco Bay

2 hours from the Redwoods in Northern California

Growing Metropolitan City

Close to the 49ers and the Raiders, The Giants and the A's, the Sharks and the Warriors.

90 minutes north of Laguna Seca Raceway

90 minutes south of Sears Point Raceway

Mild climate

Incredibly diversified population with the restaurants and special holiday celebrations that go along with each and they all blend quite well.

That's my home!

NYC....

NYCity...if only it was all it could be...maybe someday. Times like this make me believe it's actually possible. Q

The Gold Coast

has anyone *seen* the beaches down here?

Not to mention the hot surfer girls (so much smooth, tanned, glistening skin...)

Seen the Gold Coast, and a bunch o' the rest of Australia. Cool country. It's number 2 on my list, if they ever throw me outta here, I'd wanna go there.

QB forgot to mention one tiny little extra about San Jose - Gatherings! The Silicon Valley, in general, is all that AND has monthly gatherings and munches. I love that.

dvnc

My hometown

I live in Munich, the capital of Bavaria (South Germany). It's also the capital of beer.

Some people call Munich the northernmost Italian town (because of the baroque architecture, the numerous street cafes, and the chaotic drivers), some call it the 'Million Village' (third-biggest German city, 1.3 million inhabitants in a city without any skyscrapers). It has the biggest park right in midtown (about 3 times as large as Central Parc), the lowest crime rate, and it's Germany's Silicon Valley.

Less than 30 minutes drive, and you're in a region of beautiful lakes. One hour takes you to the Alps, a wonderful skiing and hiking place, and in about 5 hours, you're in Venice and the Mediterranean.

Millions of tourists visit Munich every year, and many Germans want to live here. That makes it one of the most expensive places in Germany, but this is the only flaw I was able to detect so far... :)

NYC

My city is the greatest city in the world. They even named a little area downtown after me.

Nothing!!!

What's great about Orlando? Not a damn thing!

The whole place is run by the theme parks.

The county commissioner is on a personal rampage to stop all new dance clubs from opening up (but doesn't tell you that he owns a club in downtown and doesn't want the competition).

The poeple complain about the overcrowding in the school, yet don't want to pay for more buildings to be built.

The BILLIONAIR owner of the Magic wanted the county to give him $10 million to build a new area for his team. The only thing that stopped them was that they didn't have that much in the budget. BTW, watch a Magic home game and count how many empty seats you see, though it might be easier to count the filled seats.

We have absolutly no arts.

The only thing I can't figure out is, why in the hell people are still moving here.

Brighton, MI

B-Town, what!

What's special about Brighton? Well.... we have pie... lots and lots of pie....

Portland, Or & its environs

(by the way, it's pronounced "O-rig-un", not "Ahr-uh-gahn")

What's not to like? An hour to the coast, an hour to the mountains, and a city with many beautiful parks, a gorgeous waterfront, a vast array of cultural and sports activities and events, and one of the best public transit systems in the country (it is SO nice to be able to take light rail to & from work every day!!!)

Add all that to people who still smile & say "hi" or "good morning" to strangers they pass on the street, and stop to help if you are stalled on the freeway.

And rain? Not near as much as Seattle, but don't tell anyone. ;)

Kim

Sandman said:
Time to repersent yo!:cool: ;)

So what is so cool about the city you live in? I'll start..

St. Louis- Of course the Gateway Arch. And the best baseball fans in the world!

Extremely short rainy season.. and when it's not raining, we have wind and drizzle. Oh yeah, did I mention precipitation?

okay, when all that wetness is over and the sun does come out for that half day each year, once your eyes adjust, it's one the most gorgeous places on earth.

Seattle!

Albany, NY

Not just Albany, but the entire Capitol Distict, seems to be crawling with TICKLEPHILES. Male and Female.

Jen

Cincinnati

Seemed a little light from the midwest...so here's my take on Porkopolis

Culture: ballet, symphony, May Festival, opera, art museums

Scenery: Ohio River (albeit polluted), Fountain Square, Sawyer Point/Serpentine Wall, and all those 7 hills...

Sports: Once upon a time, there was a baseball called the Reds. And a football team with a cat name...can't seem to recall. And did I mention we built them a nice new stadium?

World Politics: We used to be such a boring, conservative city...now, I can't seem to turn on CNN without risking hearing about inner city violence/hatred/riots...

Put that all together with construction everywhere....and it's just about perfect. Most of the time. ;)

Derby (The original one)

Home of the jet engine....Yes just think about it all you Americans, we had these babies running back in the 30,s A guy called Frank Whittle. Dont ask me why but the British Air Ministry told him to "urinate from afar" next thing you know the bloody Bosche are strolling about like David Essex in the flaming things! Blimey Charlie! who needs ministries when there is a war on?

buffalo

snow....rain....sun....snow...skiing...snow...rain...snow in june...sucky driving weather...our hockey team (whooohooo Sabres)....AlbrightKnox Art Gallery....2 hours from Toronto...the Theater District...chippewa avenue.....and ummmm ahhhh snow????

The City That Never Sleeps....that's NEW YORK to you!

Home of the STATUE OF LIBERTY.....long may she stand!

Home of the Yankees (STILL number one!)

Home of the best PIZZA you'll ever sink your teeth into...bar none!

Restaurants? FUGGEDABOUDIT!

The nightlife? LEGENDARY!

Upstate New York? BREATHTAKING!

The people? Well....my opinion of them has changed to a more favorable tone since the tragedy of the Towers. We get the bad rap for being the rudest, most insensitive people in the nation..which is accurate in SOME cases.
But on that day....our true colors shone through. We became ONE in adversity.

New York, New York....it's a hell of a town!

It's HOME. :)

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back