• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

trivia about North to Alaska

Wow, that is nice to know. :D :D

That scene in "North to Alaska" was one of the highlights of my childhood, along with the barefoot scenes from "The Parent Trap."

milagros317 said:
That scene in "North to Alaska" was one of the highlights of my childhood

Me too. :) The reason I had looked it up was that it was on TV. I watched the scene pretty closely, and I'm convinced that it's real. Her leg jerks pretty violently, which isn't something inherent to the scene I'd think, and would only make it harder to film if it was something did voluntarily instead of as a reflex. and his fingers appear to be genuinely touching her foot. And after all, it's a foot and they tend to be ticklish.

Or maybe I'm overthinking this ;)

Til this day when that movie comes on I watch it just to see that scene.It is one of the mainstream's best scenes.:wavingguy :wavingguy

Would you believe that's the only John Wayne movie I didn't see until I was well past 20? How's THAT for life's little ironies?

Rxx

Back in the 90's there were a few times when North to Alaske aired on Encore television. Encore would always show the original trailer before the movie. The trailer shows the tickle scene, but it is extended by quite a few more seconds. Unfortunately they seem to shorten it in the actual movie.

I love that scene in North To Alaska. It was sad to read that Capucine committed suicide in 1990 at the age of 59.

I was sitting at the kitchen table yesterday and idly flipped on the TV. There was "North to Alaska" playing on AMC and it was just minutes before the scene where Stewart Granger tickles Capucine's foot! I immediately sprang up and threw a tape in the VCR. I had no idea this film was even on this week. It was just a matter of luck and happenstance.

I also have no doubt Capucine's reactions were absolutely genuine. That's what makes it such a classic mainstream tickle scene.

If the trailer included extra footage, it makes me wonder if there's even more available in storage somewhwere. After all, they often shoot more than one take of a scene.

I'm glad you mentioned the tickle scene being shortened, I thought I was losing my mind. I could have sworn that my memory of that scene from when I was a kid included a longer tickle that included her upper body in some way.

That was a great find! Thanks for posting that info! Capucine was stunning in that movie. It was wonderful to see her get feet tickled on screen and her laugh was terrific. I agree, I always thought it sounded real. I'd love to know how the rehearsals went and what they talked about before they shot the scene. Maybe we can email Stuart Granger or something.

Anyway, Capucine was a very pretty and classy lady. I was saddened when I read that she jumped off a building. Wonder why?

Great find, Jeff! You'd think I would have seen that by now, since I'm on IMDb more often that any website around (sorry, TMF. lol) Plus, that is my all-time favorite mainstream scene. i always thought it was genuine, as a lot of the movie was kind of improvised and ad-libbed. (I saw a little documentary on the making of it one time, although they didn't mention the tickling scene.) It's a movie i bought for the scene, but ended up really enjoying anyway. Capucine was really good in the movie,a nd she is just beautiful. Unfortunatley, she was also manic-depressive, which led to her suicide. But great find! Thanks again!

I wonder if the DVD version has it? I'd be surprised, since I think it's grouped with another movie or two, but the footage has to exist SOMEWHERE.

We can find this! :)

It's available on netflix so I just added it to the top of my queue. Ill report here whether its on the DVD or not.

I checked out the DVD and it appears to be the shortened version there too. What the hell is wrong with some people? :)

Thanks for the info. I will refrain from buying the DVD, then. I already videotaped it.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back