• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

TMF Hierarchy

drew70

I'm just curious as to the cast system here at the TMF. I see TMF regulars, TMF juniors, TMF experts, TMF masters, etc.

How are these different levels achieved?

I believe Myriads posted that information not too long ago. You might want to review some past posts to see if you can find it.

Hi Drew!!

I am not sure of the specifics, but the various titles come with the number of posts.

Ven:cool:

* Registered User (Minimum Posts: 1)
* TMF JUNIOR (Minimum Posts: 50)
* TMF REGULAR (Minimum Posts: 150)
* TMF EXPERT (Minimum Posts: 300)
* TMF MASTER (Minimum Posts: 600)

Still wondering if people like these, or would enjoy some new ones.

Myriads

Thanks for the answers everyone! I guess I have some catching up to do!

Somehow, brother, I don't think you, Discordia, Kraftie, and a few others will have too much trouble blazin' past Expert. I recall some very genial and amusin' threads from y'all, in a more troubled location.

dvnc

Myriads, I think the titles work fine, but since you asked...

How about one not based on the number of contributions, but the, I don't know, quality? Helpfulness? Information sharing-ness?

Just throwing out ideas here.

Dave,

Unfortunatly, the titles are post based, assigned automatically. So I can't do something to create titles for other catagories of contribution.

Myriads

My Suggestion

Change "Junior" to "Novice". Junior has some age connotations that we'd all prefer to avoid.

BONUS: My suggestion to those who want to attain "Expert" or "Master" status quickly: every chance you get, try to carry on chat-like discussions with other members within the Interaction message boards. [Hint: this works best when you work in tandem with another member.] You don't need no stinkin' chat room -- not when you've got a message board! Don't EVER let a thread die without adding at least one or 2 posts, even if your post is just a 1 or 2 line wise-crack about the last post, which has absolutely nothing to do with the original thread. Make sure YOU have the last word, no matter how many replies it takes! Remember, every post counts! With enough time and practice, you too can become a TMF Master!

Re: My Suggestion

MN Tikl said:
Change "Junior" to "Novice". Junior has some age connotations that we'd all prefer to avoid.

BONUS: My suggestion to those who want to attain "Expert" or "Master" status quickly: every chance you get, try to carry on chat-like discussions with other members within the Interaction message boards.......With enough time and practice, you too can become a TMF Master!

Why is it so important to get to a certain level/status?! I don't understand. We're all ticklephiles. That makes us ALL great! :D LOL The idea of posting simply for the sake of posting creates the danger of getting off topic and tying things up with meaningless dribble. (I hope that doesn't sound nasty. I don't mean it to.) If people want to post more, that's great...but let's do it for the sake of sharing info and friendship, not out of competition.

I DO agree on the idea of changing "Junior" to "Novice"...or something similar, however. I thought that Junior was a teen member status until I read the list.

Ann

I kind of figured that it would have to be post-based, Myriads...like I said, just an idea thrown out there.

As for changing "Junior" to "Novice", I agree with getting rid of the "Junior" connotation, but "Novice" could denote someone who doesn't know a lot. That's not true with most people around here.

Perhaps "Apprentice"? I don't know...

Junior has some age connotations that we'd all prefer to avoid.

Hey... So who's worried about age here? LOL

How about a hierarchy based on that of ye olde feudal Europe, what with serfs and vassals and kings and lords and knights and bishops and pawns and rooks and . . . . dammit, that was so close to being a coherent thought. :sowrong:

Perhaps....!

tklr5150 said:
How about a hierarchy based on that of ye olde feudal Europe, what with serfs and vassals and kings and lords and knights and bishops and pawns and rooks and . . . . dammit, that was so close to being a coherent thought. :sowrong:

Maybe that thought was interrupted by the lovely possibility that you might find yourself in stocks in a feudal system? hehehe :devil:

Ann

Wow, that went into bondage so smoothly, as a topic. Most astute, Ann!

dvnc said:
Wow, that went into bondage so smoothly, as a topic. Most astute, Ann!

< taking bow > Gee, thanks! Did I just get to it first? Or did anyone else pick up on that fun possibility? hee hee ;)

Ann

sooooo in about ten more posts im going to be a junior:eek:
i like the novice idea to....or rookie would be good...or apprentice ....or (ill get back to ya)

never did like junior, i also thought it was based on ppl under 18 untill i read this thread..

dunno what instead. the idea of having a heirachy based on something entirely different like chess peices is cool, however what is better? rook or knight or bishop... who knows? :)

what about 'padawan learner' instead of Junior! (that ones for you dave2112 :)

the point is i thought that a 'registered user' was more knowlidgable than a junior, we need a word that expresses long membership but not so regular.... or we could be taking this WAY too seriously! LOL

Dr|zzt

i just can`t wait to be a master,so the i will be the drunken master AND a tmf master....then my life will be complete. ;)

only about 400 posts shy

Padawan, Dr?

I like it.....:D

(I am currently accepting all applications for a Tickle-Padawan. Sorry, females only, what I can I say, equality sucks!):devil:

The hated Junior has been changed to Novice. Good suggestion. And just so folks know, there are now many many levels higher then Master. :) You'll need to get there to see them though ....

Myriads

Myriads said:
...just so folks know, there are now many many levels higher then Master. :) You'll need to get there to see them though ....
Myriads

<sniff, sniff>

Hmmm...me thinks me smells a challenge! Guess we'll all just have to get more ivolved. :D

Ann

I Dunno.......... being a "regular" kind of gives me a sense of
stability..............yeah that's it stability..

I dont know if I could ever be classified as an expert in any area

(other than tickling of course)
LOL

hmm, ive just gone up to Novice 3 or 4 posts ago... that makes me feel like a man!!!! :)

i bet the next one up after master is Supreme being of the TMF or something just as impressive...

its a damn good idea tho.. gets us all involved alot more..

To think, even different coloured feathers hadn't been conceived at this time. Milagros has a lot to answer for! lol ;)

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back