• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling in new harry potter book

john_smith

TMF Expert
on page 330 Ron gets tickled by some girl

PS. Don't think any less of me because i read Harry Potter, I'm only young

It's a good series; there's no shame in reading it... thanks for the mention

john_smith said:

Ha ha! You read Harry Potter!

Only joking me liverpudlian friend.

Is there any way we can get a quotation (or at least a paraphrase) of said tickling?

In book two, Harry casts a rictusempra spell (tickle spell) on Draco Malfoy. It happens during the duel scene, which made it into the movie even though the rictusempra spell did not.

In the book we are told that the rictusempra spell is frequently used to disarm an opponent. Indeed, Draco falls to his knees laughing and drops his wand when Harry casts it.

It's actually a very simple spell, as easy to cast as the leg-jerking spell used to trip an opponent.

Imagine if we muggles could cast such a spell. This board would be reverberating with tickle spells! :woot:

john_smith said:

I will be reading the book later this week, but I turned to page 330 to quote the scene for Iwon'tgrowup.

Unfortunately, it is not on page 330 in the American edition. You must be referring to the British edition (since you live in Liverpool).

Lets assume that a page might be lost over the course of 330 due to American words tending to be shorter than their English equivalents,

Colour - Color
Encyclopaedia - Encylopedia

etc.

So why not try page 229 or even 228?

It doesn't work like that, Newcastle Uni. Sorry. The American editions can be as much as 100 or 200 pages longer than the British and Canadian ones, which use smaller type and less space between lines.

The British and Canadian ones are environment friendly and printed on recycled paper. The American editions are nothing like that. (I know environmentally conscious Americans who have ordered the Canadian edition for this reason.)

Forgive me, please, for not thumbing through book six, but I have stayed away from all chat about the plot and want to be surprised. SURELY SOMEONE ELSE HAS READ THE BOOK AND CAN REPRINT THE PASSAGE IN QUESTION. (Please?)

As a consolation, here is the the Rictusempra spell from page 192 of the American edition of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Book 2). I had remembered incorrectly; the tickling spell was cast during a magic dueling class.

I know it is not F/M, as the one in book six is, but it does tell you how the spell works and you can imagine using it on any female you choose--or imagine that she has used it on you.

--------------------------------

...Harry pointed his wand straight at Malfoy and shouted, "Rictusempra!"

A jet of silver light hit Malfoy in the stomach, and he doubled up, wheezing.

"I said disarm only!" Lockhart shouted in alarm over the heads of the battling crowd, as Malfoy sank to his knees; Harry had hit him with a Tickling Charm, and he could barely move for laughing...

I'm not heartless. Here's some F/M from The Age of Reason by Jean-Paul Sartre, first published in French in 1945. I discovered this delightful passage when I read the book as a teen years ago.

Boris is a young man of Russian descent living in Paris in the late 1930s; Lola is the older Frenchwoman he sleeps with. The passage appears near the end of chapter two.

---------------------------------------

"Take off you pyjamas," pleaded Lola.

"No," said Boris.

This was a ritual. Every time Lola asked him to take off his pyjamas, and Boris was obliged to refuse, Lola's hands slipped under his jacket, and carressed him gently. Boris began to laugh.

"You're tickling me."

They kissed....

---------------------------------

I wonder if Sartre did that with Simone de Beauvoir. :woot:

See what people miss when they don't read Sartre? I've sometimes thought the TMF should have a literature board. I get (at least) as giddy over the written word as I do over images and clips.

Merci, GFTL!

I'm a big ol' dorko myself.
American edition, page 353.

'[Hermione] stared across the room, apparently lost in thought, not even noticing Lavender tickling Ron.'

heres the quote:She stared across the room, apparently lost in thought, not even noticing lavender tickling Ron.

It's on page 330 in the British 1, if u read the american 1 its on chapter 17, 4 pages in

There are times in all six books that cats are tickled behind the ears, fish are tickled as they swim, and so on. I think Hermione's fruit tickling was part of a magical ritual to gain entrance to a room in Hogwarts.

The only times I can remember people getting tickled in these books: the tickle spell that Harry casts on Draco (which I wrote about in the thread) and the instance in the new book with Ron being tickled by Pansy Parkinson.

So, fellow fans, use your imaginations and tell us who you think the ticklephiles in these books are. My bet is on Fred and George Weasley (the twins). In fact, I'll bet they have something related to magical tickling for sale in their joke shop. <<<<---- :tickle:

GoForTheLaugh said:
There are times in all six books that cats are tickled behind the ears, fish are tickled as they swim, and so on. I think the fruit tickling was to gain entrance to a room. The only time I can remember people getting tickled in these books is the tickle spell that Harry casts on Draco (which I wrote about in the thread) and the instance in the new book with Ron being tickled by Pansy Parkinson.

So, fellow fans, use your imaginations and tell me who you think the ticklephiles in these books are. My bet is on Fred and George Weasley (the twins). In fact, I'll bet they have something related to tickling for sale in their joke shop.

The fruit tickling was to gain enterance into the kitchen where the house elves work. And I think besides Fred and George, I think Ginny might be... since she's always ready to cast a curse on someone.

TheFactor said:
I think Ginny might be... since she's always ready to cast a curse on someone.

Agreed! She'd have so much more fun casting the Rictusempra (tickling) spell instead of her infamous Bat Bogey Hex. :D

Besides, with six older brothers, she'd have to have a good defensive spell up her sleeve! :woot:

ive read the australian version and this may ruin abit for some who have not read it ...Ron and Hermione are not friends during most of the book due to the fact Ron has deep feelings towards hermione and he finds out she kissed krum anyway to get her back he goes out with lavender brown and she tickles Ron.

THough i hope when they release the movie it will be Ron doing that to lavender, though they are under 18...aaaaaaaaaaah!

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back