• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Nebraska

Slappy McGee

TMF Expert
OK, I just can no longer contain my almost orgasmic delight over watching Nebraska's football team get brutalized by Colorado yesterday. That coupled with Oklahoma's loss today puts my team in the running for the national title, and dare I say it... yes I'll say it... that would be sweeter than thanksgiving turkey, or even a good tickling.

Slappy

Yes, I can't stand the Big 12. Now if florida can hold on against tenn. and whoever they play in SEC champ. then UF vs. Miami will be a great national title game.

NNNNNN. . . NNN
NNNNNN. . . NNN
NNN NNN . . NNN
NNN NNN . . NNN
NNN .NNN. . NNN
NNN .NNN. . NNN
NNN . NNN . NNN
NNN . NNN . NNN
NNN . .NNN. NNN
NNN . .NNN. NNN
NNN . . NNN NNN
NNN . . NNN NNN
NNN . . .NNNNNN
NNN . . .NNNNNN

Can't wait to go to Pasadena (planned since last February for this one)!! Thank you BCS.

Miami will probably be almost as tough as Colorado was, but I'm hoping that the Cornhuskers will play their best ball of the season and take home the championship!

RG (still in favour of a tournament)

awwwwww

this has been the most messed up college football season I can remember......as for you and yer damn huskers......
after really thinking about it... I think you do deserve to be there..... if you and colorado had the same record , no, and if oregon was in a real conference, no, but 11-1 in the big 12, yep......so have fun with yer ass whoopin.... after I saw us get beat by tennessee, I knew that it was only a blessing that we didn't get killed by miami.....

just admit one thing... eric crouch got a career achievement award, and grossman deserved the heisman......c'mon , say it, you know it is true......:)

good luck randy... I hate the hurricanes,

Slappy McGee

I agree the system is never going to be perfect unless there's an 8-team tournament. Until that happens, I'll live with the BCS results.

I really like our chances against Miami, and I'm expecting a close game (Nebraska 24, Miami 22).

I agree Grossman is a better QB, but I'm not sure that he's a more valuable player for his team than Crouch was. There's definitely some politics involved in the Heisman award, and upperclassman are going to be favoured over underclassmen. Grossman should win the award one of the next two years though. Of course, the Heisman is really unimportant when compared to the national championship.

RG

I agree with your points, and I think it will be a good football game. Also interesting is the colorado oregon matchup..one of those teams is going to bitch all year about how they should have played miami, but the other is going to get a big dose of shut up juice...

and I knew crouch had won the heisman when he caught that touchdown against oklahoma.... that was one hell of a play....

Slappy McGee

Yeah, I think the Fiesta Bowl is going to be a really interesting game, but I can see Colorado running away with that game, especially after half-time. I'm not sure about the Orange Bowl though because I have some doubts about Maryland, and I think your team should beat them by at least 2 TDs.

Randy Giles said:
I can see Colorado running away with that game, especially after half-time.

Okay, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But those of us in the (what was the Pac-10 called? "Not a real conference"?)are getting a bit tired of being dismissed as the Little Sisters of the Poor, just because Oregon State, USC and UCLA decided to play like high-schoolers most of this year.

It's obvious that Oregon's record is not interesting to the rest of the country, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Ducks against Colorado. Oregon has put on quite a few impressive "After-halftimes" themselves this season.

Regardless of who wins what game, though, to my way of thinking the BCS system is seriously flawed. Do I have a better idea? Nope, but I'll be trying to think of one.

I AM bitter because the Rose Bowl should be just that - the game where the Pac-10 & Big 10 CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS play each other. Just pick a bowl and make that one ALWAYS the national championship game (How about calling it "The National Championship Bowl"?), don't be fiddle-farting around, moving it here & there!

And, IMHO of course, I don't think ANY team who didn't win their own conference should be vying for the national title, I don't care WHO it is.

<WHEW!> Thanks for letting me vent, guys! Got no one around here to talk football with!!! It "tickles" me to see that there are so many fans on the forum, regardless of which team you support!

Go Ducks! Go Canes! Go Hawks! (I have many loyalties in college FB)

Kim

glad we made you happy, now at least 3 of us give a crap...... my idea for the BCS is to give .5 to a team that wins it's conference, maybe even 1.0....it should matter.....

know what is going to be fun, seeing FSU get bitch slapped by Va Tech....

Slappy McGee

PS anyone want to talk college hoops?

Oregon is a good team that did have its share of luck during the regular season (how many games were decided by under 7 points?). I would never diminish the PAC-10 because they do show up in bowl games and often beat down teams from other big conferences with the West-Coast-style offense. But I don't think that's going to happen in this case because Colorado has recently shown that they can run the ball against any defense; and combined with the Ducks' dodgy pass defense, it spells big numbers for Colorado's offense, and I doubt OU will be able to put up as many points (35+).

But then again, half the time I have no idea wtfh I'm talking about. I just hope my UN/UM prediction is on the money.

College b-ball:
I did also live in Arizona for 8 of my first 11 years, and I've been a huge Wildcats fan as long as I can remember. Duke is obviously poised to run away with the championship this year, but I do like 'Zona's chances in the tourney (I think they are the only team that could upset Duke right now <-- bias factor included). Of course, I'm also a Nebraska fan, and I'm just hoping we can take one game against Mizzou, that would be awesome!

Well, I'm out of here ... best of luck to all your teams that don't come up against the Cornhuskers or 'Zona.

Peace,
RG

Hawkikim.....

I wanted to get this htread back up to the front because there was so much talk about the BCS and the bowlgames and it is really interesting how everything has panned out so far.....

Kim, I owe you an apology for not taking your ducks a bit more seriously.... Colorado isn't going to be able to sit down until september after the ass kicking they got..... I just wish they had worn the green jerseys, those are cool.

I also have to say that I have agined a ton of respect for LSU in the last month.... they have turned into a great underdog champ for the SEC..... good for them.

And I have to say a bit about my gators..... they handed it to Maryland so bad last night it was amazing.... and half of the games was with a quarterback who is a few weeks away from transeferring.... it is nice to see spurrier play by the rules and bench a guy who broke some.... grossman deserved to sit for missing curfew.... more coaches should do the same (can't help but think about bobby bowden who played janekowski a few years ago, even when he was facing possible deportation, just because the greedy bastard knew they needed him to win the title)...... and for anyone who didn't watch the game.... it was nowhere near as close as the final score looked.... maryland got their last 2 touchdowns against a lot of second and even third string defensive players.....

So kim.... I won't make fun of the PAC 10 any more....they should and will get the coaches trophy if nebraska wins (a big if) but I will make fun of the ACC and for the time being the BIG 10.... sad state of affairs.

and I will always ALWAYS make fun of those cheating bastards at FSU.

:)

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back