• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Red Dragon

Celtic_Emperor

3rd Level White Feather
Here's the first picture of a red dragon I've ever drawn. :)

Its the first dragon I've ever drawn as well, and I'm looking forward to drawing more dragons of different types and allignments and of varying ages. :)

Drawn with a mechanical no. 2 pencil, and colored with prismacolor pencils. Minor PSP work.

You may need to resize these pictures in your browser if it resizes them.

Artwork by and © Damien Jones

Here is a exerpt of a profile for red dragons (taken from a D&D monster manuel):

"Red dragons are the most covetous of all dragons, forever seeking to increase their treasure hoards. They are exceptionally vain, which is reflected in their proud bearing and disdainful expression.

Red dragons lair in large caves that extend deep into the earth. However, they always have a high perch nearby from which to hauntily survey their territory, which they consider to be everything in sight. Their high perch sometimes intrudes upon the territory of a silver dragon, and for this reason red dragons and silver dragons are often enemies.

Red dragons are meat-eaters by preferance, and their favorite food is a human or elven youth. Sometimes they charm villagers into regularly sacrificing maidens to them."

Thank you. :)

But to be fair I did use a reference picture this time. I used the picture because I wanted to make sure I was drawing a D&D style red dragon as accurately as I could. I did color the dragon completely differently and added some minute details that were not in the original, which makes it my own.

I look forward to more.

Yeah... I recognize the reference picture you used. Good stuff though, because I know that I couldn't draw that free-hand... even with a reference pic...

Thank you. Yeah, I wasn't going to use a reference picture, but I knew that if I didn't it wouldn't have looked as accurate. I wanted to hit the ground running, so to speak.

That is a very good dragon!! Much better than the one i drew a while back. Any way could u draw a black dragon as a request for me plz??

Thank you. :)

Well, as I said, I will be drawing different dragons of different types and allignments as time progresses, so that includes black dragons. Now, if you wanted to see something specific about black dragons then it would be a request as you said. In which case, I'd add it to the list of things to be given further review. Other than that, I already have plans to draw black dragons as well. :)

Last edited:
Excellent job drawing it from a reference picture. Thats 1 kick-ass dragon. :cool:

Yeah, red dragons are kick-ass. Its in their character as well. These traits are displayed in their everyday lives and in their combat methods. They usually make a snap decision whether or not to attack, and they're very methodical and ruthless about how they do it. The only reason they would "take it easy" on an opponent is to ensure any treasure they may be carrying is not destroyed.

While other dragons, even good ones (when provoked, threatened, or its out of necessity), can be just as vicious, red dragons probably take the cake in that department, because they're almost always malcontent.

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back