• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Your Thoughts On Video Games

Krokus

3rd Level Green Feather
Do you think video games were better back when the older systems were popular? I know alot of people do, but I think they are better now! What are your thoughts? Also, what is your favorite game system of all time? Mine would either be Super Nintendo, or Playstation 2. You???

I love Nintendo games (River City Ransom, baby) but my all-time favorite games are competitive fighting games. You know, Street Fighter and the like. My favorite game right now is MvC2 - can't faze Doom/Blackheart, baby.

Heh

Your no match for my Sabertooth/Magneto!!! LOL! j/k (I would still beat ya!!!)

I personally am in to 8-bit NES. But that very well could be because that is what I grew up with. The but newer systems are good, but they lack the inventiveness that old Nintendo had. I love the old NES, I am a big time collector of games

Re: Heh

Krokus said:
Your no match for my Sabertooth/Magneto!!! LOL! j/k (I would still beat ya!!!)
OH SHIT! GET OFF HIM MAGNUS!...

Seriously... hehe... I've been involved in the tournament scene. My stuff is polished. :D

Cool

I guess we would have a good match then......:cool:

I am really impressed by the graphics in the new gaming systems.
The graphics in Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive 2 on the Dreamcast still blow me away.

On the other hand, I kind of miss playing Outlaw on my old Atari 2600 (and let's not forget the classic Pong! :D )

Mykal

ForgottenTcklr said:
I personally am in to 8-bit NES. But that very well could be because that is what I grew up with. The but newer systems are good, but they lack the inventiveness that old Nintendo had. I love the old NES, I am a big time collector of games

When you had limited graphics and processing power, you had to come up with something realling interesting to have a good game. Now, most companies are just trying to push the technological envolope, and not focusing on the game play as much. Now games are getting more and more complex. You actually have to learn how to play them. If you did need a manual for the 8-bit NES or the Atari (the 2600 was the best), then it was about 4 pages long. Now when you buy a new game, your lucky if you don't have to read something the size of a phone book just to be able to play it.

Yeah, the gaming industry is going in bad directions. The general consensus is "If it's not 3D it's a waste of your time". I haven't played a 3D fighting game worth a damn yet. A LOT of the 3-D graphics is just bloated add-on to make you ignore an overall crappy game (*coughFF8cough*). I love the old 2-D platformers and was really sad to see the genre die out...

Yea

I thought FF8 sucked as well......I also miss the old platformers......ah well.......at least there is MGS2!! :D

Wow!

Some other people who agree that FF8 sucked ass! All my friends liked it:sowrong: On the other hand FF7 is my favorite RPG definately. As far as new v.s. old i like both! I like to pull out my Super NES every once in a while and play for hours. However i am getting a PS 2 soon and i think that playstation 2 is awesome, it has good games out and more coming out!(FF 10!). Its loads better than X-Box.(Microsoft:mad: )

Awwww, yeah! I knew there had to be others like me. FF8 was a piece of UNHOLY CRAP!!! (7 and 9 were damn good, though...) At least, for a Square game it was.

The graphics were nice. The music friggin rocked. The story was decent... THE GF SYSTEM MADE ME WANT TO PUKE DUE TO SHEER TEDIUM AND ANNOYANCE!!! The only redeeming gameplay feature was the Triple Triad game.

Bring back the Espers! Squall wouldn't last 10 seconds against Cyan...

ASUTickler

Todays games and systems ARE more complex.....but I liked the old 8-bit NES because a lot of those games were simply a lot more difficult to finish....there was some challenge there....even if graphically speaking, they were primitive. With today's games...the frustration factor is not as great.

huh???

wait.....you guys didn't like FF8???!!!! :wow: :wow:

man....I feel so very alone right now......oh well.....I guess disagreements are healthy amongst people.....you guys liked FF9, I hated it and returned it after throwing it against my wall a few times.....life goes on........

....as for video games on the whole, I'm an old school gamer......I have systems like the genesis, NES, sega cd, saturn, the list goes on and on......I just ordered the dreamcast....but that's basically the newest system I'm gettin at the moment.....no ps2, no x-box, just discontinued systems for me yo.....man....I hope sonic adventure lives up to my expectations......I agree with the fact that sometimes adding 3-d can kill a good game......I mean, remember sonic 3-d blast? you don't? well, I rest my case then.......

well.....I should get to bed, stayin up late watchin pulp fiction is takin its toll on my mind, and I gonna keep ramblin if I don't stop typin.....later kiddies......

i love these new systems but you guys are right,alot of the new games are great to look at but you have to read a dictionary sized manual to learn basic stuff.but as KROKUS mentioned....at least there is MGS2.

now i will share something i haven`t told too many people....this may be a flameable offense,but don`t be to hard on me.ok here it goes....i never beat the first mario bros. for nes.:blush: :disgust:

wow that was tough.

everlast, im with you mate - i really liked FF8 - i thought it was of the greatest love stories ever told... granted FF7 was better! but hey, FF7 is better than everything :)

im well into the new console cos generally i dont like to be left behind, and i like purchasing the hewest stuff and having an oppinion on it.

i have a Dreamcast and PS2, a PS1, a Game Boy andvance, and atari Linx, and a PC. and the only reason i dont have an XBox is because they're not out over here yet...

however neither is MGS2 (i so want that game)

I use to buy lots of video games, but since the big explosion...not anymore. It's almost like computer software...as soon as you get familiar with it, then BOOM...the new version is out 6 months later and ya have to learn it all over again!

I use to love the old nintendo...I liked games like Zelda, Bases Loaded, and Madden Football. I was more into the sports games then anything. Heck, I remember when I owned pong!!! Good ole Atari.

Anyhow, I don't buy any at all anymore, cause as soon as I would, a new and better system would come out and I would be bummed out!

daddy

Everyone's talking about Final Fantasy VII and VIII, but Final Fantasy VI (a.k.a. III) is just as good, or better, than either proving that games don't need mind-blowing graphics to be awesome.

I remember when my step-father bought us an old Coleco Skeet game. It was a whole console with a switch for either Pong-type games or Skeet-type games with a light gun that you couldn't miss with if you were closer than six feet to the screen. Ran about $180 in 1981.

I still have fond memories of the Atari 2600. When Activision and another company I can't remember started making games for it, I ate them up. I loved River Raid, Pitfall, Demons to Diamonds and Defender.

I got heavily into Top Gun and The Empire Strikes Back for the first Nintendo system.

I've been playing Madden Football on every system since EA started making them.

As of now, I have a Sega Dreamcast which I only bought because it was on sale a year ago for $99 and I was dying to play Jedi Power Battles.

Mostly now I stick to PC games, and I am salivating for the release of Dark Forces: Jedi Outcast. I just got Madden 2002 for PC.

I like the old game systems because of the fond memories I have playing them. Atari games like Raider of the Lost Ark, Pitfall, Space Invaders, Defender...
I have GBA and it is great. Granted I buy the Classic games like Pacman.

While i admit that 9 out of ten games that com out today are crap, every noe and then a real jewel appears. Some of my favorite games that have come out recently are MvC2 and Devil May Cry. These games are fun because they are just pure action, instead of 99% of the other similar games out there: find a key, go through a door, kill some stuff, find a key...; it just never ends. also, games like Zelda (any of them) as well as FF7 and 9 ( I agree that 8 sucked stale ass through a straw, Goddamn those GF's!!!)Anyways, good games are rare, but found on all systems, new and old.

WOO HOO!

Although i've beaten FF7 3 or 4 times i never beat emerald or ruby weapon, until today! I just got done kicking both of their asses!:devil: They weren't as hard as people make them seem. But lots of fun.

i hate ff7...why you ask?cause i played the game for hours and hours over the course of a few weeks.i was on my way to mastering all the magic and getting the gold birdie thing(i can`t recall the name),so when i fought sepiroth(spelling?)i would whip his ass.i had this all saved on my friends memory card because he never used it,but one day i came home and the card wasn`t there.when i saw him later on he told me he took his card back.....and ERASED EVERYTHING:sowrong:.i had wasted all that time for nothing,since then i haven`t touched anything that says FINAL FANTASY on it....didn`t even see the movie.

about beating emerald and ruby,i watched my friend do it and yeah it did seem easier than it should have been

Young guns..lol

I grew up without any games...pong was a major revelation when it got invented...I owned one of the first space invaders ever built and I still love games in general. I'm currently involved with a group at Sojdev.com that will be bringing out a game next year(hopefully) that should blow away everything on the shooter/sim/rpg market. It combines the best elements of these with a persistent world that allows you to let your character learn and grow at a RL pace...with advanced tutorials available and both solo and team play/war/missions involved, at your discretion. You can also become a citizen and man the city and it's government structure and achieve quite a nice game experience in the "Sim" type role that the world(s) present. We just added the 3D modeler who did the Mask and most of the fabrix work on the Titanic pic. I'll see if I can get us some copies when it hits Beta and distribute them.....feedback is always good before release. We're working on finishing development on our own game engine, loosely based on the Unreal and Tribes2 setups, but with the concerns of those 2 solved...:) Anyway, if there's any online PC gamers here, drop over to sojdev.com and take a peek at the Chivalry setup...lot of fun! Q

did anyone ever have the system TURBO GRAFIX 16?i totally forgot about it,bonks adventure and slatterhouse were 2 great games

What's New

4/15/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button under it to the lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back