• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Archived site thread with sticky?

TklDuo-Ann

2nd Level Black Feather
I just got done responding to Laugher's thread about tracking down some of his old site material. It got me thinking. Would it be possible to do a sticky (probably in the links section) for people to plug in their old site URLs and search them on the way back engine? We could have them post theoriginal link and/or the link to the search results in that thread for others to check out. I've been trying to track down some old sites myself to plug in on my links pages. But, this would put the word out a bit to those who no longer have their sites up and want folks to get a taste of what they had. Just a thought.

Ann

Great idea, Ann! I hope it's possible. If it is, go for it! :D

Thanks, amk. I'll be doing what I can find on my site either way. So, it will be accessible to folks. But, I think we'd pick up many more sites if it were here where people gather. 'Tis up to Jeff and the mighty tzar of tickleville.

Ann

Noooo! Then everyone will know my secret!!!

Just kidding. I think its a wonderful tool for people to use if they know its there.

~ toyou

I've not missed this. Just thinking about how to best execute it.

Myriads

excellent idea-- I PROMISE not to revive any of my silly old threads too-
I really do promise

Myriads said:
I've not missed this. Just thinking about how to best execute it.

Myriads

No worries, Myr. We trust you.

My initial thought was to do something similar to what we've done with the mainstream clips...but all in one thread.

We can sticky it to keep it visible. People can share any results they've found for old sites. I have a handful that I've already searched that we can start off with. Ideally, old site owners who are still around can provide the links for their old sites that are no longer up. Others may be able to be found on older sites that haven't updated links in a while. (That's where I'll be searching once things settle down a bit.)

We can keep a master list in the first post, adding the new ones as we go along. That's something that any of the mods could do as they find new posts in the thread. (I was planning to offer to do it myself. But, with my mom failing, I can't guarantee I'll be around enough to.)

Just a thought of one possible way we could do it. If there's a better way...cool! ;)

Ann

That sounds like a reasonable way to do it. Start the thread out with all the good stuff you mentioned in Links, and send me a PM and I'll sticky it. That will get it started and if I ever figure a way to do a 'history of the community' forum I can always move the thread.

Myriads

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back