• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Help with poses

No, I don't know of one.

It's my opinion though that trying to compensate for errors and mistakes by having a program do the work is only hurting you as an artist down the line because you may become dependant.

It is much better and good for your personal development and understanding of universal artistic principles, that you practice, practice, practice. Even if it means failure or pictures coming out the way you don't want them to at first, its much better to perfect your craft and skills manually and independantly of any aiding devices.

Perspective and foreshortening are two key factors in what seems to be your problem here. I'd suggest looking at models and reference material, and poses that are uncommon so that you can learn that way also.

If you already do this, then just concentrate harder.

Trust me, you are fully capable of overcoming these obstacles on your own. All you need is to try harder. No quick fix can compensate for the satisfaction you would get from doing it on your own. :)

I second looking at models(preferably nude) to improve your skills. Try drawing people from all sorts of angles. The Pose File books may be a good start. Unless you're an artistic genius, this is the only real way to improve.

Nandrox said:
Thanks for beliving in my man!!!

Not having models makes original poses a real catch to make... but if one's effort is known by great artists, like you, I'll keep drawing without cheating myself.

Thanks for supporting me!!! :grouphug:

You already have talent and skill and both are getting better all the time. Its just a matter of refining it to such a degree that you are more comfortable than you currently are. You, me, and everyone else are capable of this. But it takes patience, time, and dedication.

There is no easy way out, and even if there was, you'd be screwing yourself out of valuable lessons and experience.

As for the models, I suggested uncommon poses because regular or mundane ones are a bit easier, and I feel you are already passed that. Foreshortening and perspective, isn't so much an issue when the subject is standing up straight or whatever. But when they are laying down, sitting or squatting, in whatever pose you prefer, then many factors come into play. And when that happens, you have more to take in, evaluate, and study.

Normal poses are fine if you want practice, but they won't provide much more to learn for you, at the level you're at. You're already passed that.

You'll be fine. I'm glad you posted this though. I'm sure alot of artists here are in your boat, or were, and can sympathize with your frustration.

We have to be here for eachother, man. No other way to be. :)

Look at existing tickle art for some ideas. It helps a lot more if your source is the same subject as what you're trying to draw.

A strategy of mine when I draw non-tickle (I've only posted my second tickle drawing just now) I draw a wireframe stickman first to use as reference, then use a new page to do my drawing. Helps a lot :D

What's New

4/15/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button under it to the lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back