• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Voluntary "Membership" Fees

MrPartickler

1st Level Red Feather
I'll cut to the chase:

I'd been thinking of a way to help give back lately so here's my suggestion: How about setting up a paid membership service for the TMF? This would be purely voluntary, but I think it would allow myself and others who'd like to give back by helping to defray costs and support (if only a little) on an ongoing basis.

I figured I've already joined TK sites in the past. I've paid monthy dues for them and I have gotten a hell of a lot less out of them than I do here. So if there was a way to easily (e.g., through recurring electronic withdrawals, etc.) pay $20 bucks a month or so, I'd do it. I think others would too.

Again, it would be purely voluntary....maybe give a few options for what people are able to pay per month ($5, $10, $20, $50) and perhaps give them an extra feather or something for having become a voluntary contributing member. (This last "prize" would really be more to advertise this initiative than to really reward people.) Folks could cancel anytime, etc. Surpluses (if any) could go to expand services or help fund NESTs or whatever.

Anyway...twas just a though.

I missed this when it was posted I guess. It's actually not a bad idea at first glance...

I'm sure there are a lot of people who would love to support the TMF.
The easier it is, say, to give a small amount when you felt the urge,
might help pay for hosting, etc. Small thank you's could include more
mailbox space, etc.

Lee

There will be a chance to show us some support soon. We will be getting a way to accept online donations, just may take a bit. You'll get word.

Myriads

As promised we now have a way you can help us out.

We are looking to raise enough cash to cover the cost of our chat room for first this quarter, and hopefully for the whole year.

We appreciate your help, and thank you!

Info on the fund drive and the way to send us cash can be found here

Myriads

I think if you turn the TMF into a paid membership forum you will kill it. If someone wants to donate money by all means what is stopping them from doing it, but my guess human nature being what it is there will not be a lot of takers. That said obviously there are bandwidth and other costs involved with the TMF and it is not fair that this falls on virtually the one individual. Therefore my two suggestions are:

1) COMPETITIONS - Simplest way to do this would be by using a premium rate phone line. These are all the rage in the UK. i.e. after midnight in the UK you can find about five or six channels with nothing but that on. So there are obviously big bucks to be had. However if you want to make it work, don't be stingy with the prizes. i.e one free five minute download is not worth punting £1 or $1 on the phone call. Make it a couple of hours worth of downloads, and your phone will be coming off the hook. Other prizes could include a free Tickle session with Phoenix and Kylie (alright I am going off on one, but use your imagination).

2) It seems to me that without the TMF and Tickle Theatre, all the video producers would have nowhere else to advertise their product to such a targeted market. Sure they do a great job but they are also making money as well. Therefore rather than lose the TMF through lack of funds which would benefit no one, it may be time that anyone advertising clips, DVD's or membership sites through the normal subforums, have to pay a small (and no need to be greedy here, as on a volume basis it will tot up) fee for the priviledge. As I said human nature being what it is, no one voluntarily pays for what they can get for nothing. However for those who balk at the idea, ask them where they and their product would be without the TMF.

I really like the voluntary membership idea. I would become a paying TMF member in a heartbeat. Not because I have money to throw around… but because I like the idea of keeping TMF around so that it can do for others what it has done for me. I understand that there will be people who can not pay. I want my payment to make sure that TMF is available to them. There was a time when I would not have been able to be a paying member, and if TMF had not been around for me during that time… I don’t know … things would not have turned out as well as they did. I want to help make sure that TMF is around for the people who are in the kind of place I was.

We have no intention of making the forum pay. Do not worry about that.

The link in the thread above will lead to a way to contribute online. Helping us cover the chatroom for the year is a great way to help us out.

Myriads

Hey Myr,

Long time, no speak. I hope all is well for you.

Just wanted to let you know I have recently made a $ contribution to the site. I haven't been using the chatroom much in recent times, but it was a good way to begin saying thank you for all you and Jeff have provided.

Younger folks may not appreciate how unique and valuable the TMF is. There once was a strange land where almost the only place to read about tickling was in the dictionary under "T"...

dig dug dog

Thanks 3D I miss seeing you about in there.

Myriads

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back