• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"Weakness" cover art demonstration (f/f, upper body)

scavenger

1st Level Red Feather
While I was painting the cover for "Weakness", I made scans of the entire process. Using these images, I wrote this demo to give some insight in my painting technique.
I also want to thank Morandilas for letting me use the finished cover.

This illustration is of course done in the traditional way: acrylics on illustration board

1. Raw sketch. I scanned this, enlarged it and printed it on an A4-sized paper.

2. Using carbon paper (an old type of transfer paper) I transferred the drawing onto a piece of illustration board. I then traced the drawing with a 2B (no. 0) pencil.

3. Blocking out the background colors. I used various mixtures of Ultramarine Blue, Burnt umber and Raw Sienna. During this phase, shadows were roughly given shape (like the folds in the bedsheet) A mix of Golden Ochre, titanium white and a bit of Raw sienna was used to paint the lightest part of the background.

4. Background highlighting. A first highlight of the background was achieved with a mixture of Golden Ochre and Titanium white, suggesting a warm yellowish light shining on the scene. A final highlight was painted on top of that using pure Titanium White.

5. Main skin colour. With thinned down Raw Sienna paint, I filled out the main skin areas, adding shadows with a similarly thinned down mix of Burnt umber and Ultramarine blue.

6. Skin Highlight. A highlight was added to the skin in exactly the same way as I did for the background.

7. Clothes, details, accessories... These were painted with various mixtures of the above colours, with the addition of Red Ochre for the girls' lips and Tanden's skirt and hair-ribbon. using brown and black markers I accentuated the drawing, making it look sharper.

8. Final picture: I added some random splatches of white paint, and used a black pencil to deepen the shadows here and there. And I added my signature.

9. Finished cover. Using an art program (Photodeluxe 2.0) I added a black border and text to it.

And well... that's it. I hope you guys have found this demo educating/entertaining. :)

Good breakdown of the process. Glad you moved it here. It will go well with the other tutorial projectw e discussed.
webmaster joe

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back