• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Tale Of Sir Richard And Lady Katherine: The Return Of The Black Knight

knight

1st Level Red Feather
The second chapter to my medieval epic. I apologize about the length, but I couldn't stop myself. Chalk it up to my literary pretentions. The character of Jamielle the chieftaness of the Seers is based upon Jami, the TicklishLurker. Hope everyone enjoys it!

THE TALE OF SIR RICHARD AND LADY KATHERINE:
THE RETURN OF THE BLACK KNIGHT
by Knight

THE TALE TO BE TOLD CONTINUES THUS...

It was the 18th year of the reign of King Ballor. The land had recently been plagued by a series of intense skirmishes with the lands to the north. Although brief, they had been most violent, and many a brave soldier died defending the land. But for several months now, an uneasy truce existed. While there had been no fighting, most of the people of Ballor’s kingdom were still alert, tense, expectant. Most, but not all.

Richard, one of the king’s stable hands, had recently had news that he was to apprentice to Stephen, the king’s first knight. So filled with joy was the scrawny young lad that he lifted bodily into the air Katherine, first-born of Lord James of Willow Downs. Katherine’s family were frequent guests at Ballor’s keep, and Katherine would spend many hours riding the surrounding countryside. And always, she asked for Richard to saddle and care for her horse. Katherine was quite fond of Richard. She found him funny, charming, endearing, despite the fact that Richard was so uncomfortable around her he frequently forgot where he was going, or what he was supposed to be doing.

“Richaaaaard!” Katherine shrieked as Richard spun her gleefully around. As soon as it had started, his elation passed. He gently set Katherine on the ground, bowed his head, and blushed the deepest red Katherine had ever seen. She laughed despite herself. She leaned over, and kissed Richard on the cheek.

“Congratulations, Sir Richard!” Katherine executed a grand and flourishing bow. Richard chuckled, and returned the bow.

“Why, thank you, milady.” But he then tripped over his own feet, and his head landed in the horse’s bag of oats. Katherine giggled, then laughed harder when Richard brought his head out, mouth full of oats, chewing on them in an uncanny impression of a horse.

“Oh, Richard!” she playfully chastised him. Richard smiled. He had never felt so comfortable around Katherine. It helped that she was laughing so hard, she couldn’t meet his eyes. He hated that. Hated and loved it, truth be told. He hated it, because he always felt very warm, and a little queasy when her sparkling emerald eyes met his. He loved it because he always felt very warm and a little queasy. But he also loved the sound of her laugh.

“Oh, you’ll be so dashing in your armor!” she said admiringly. Richard blushed again, but smiled.

“You think so?” he asked. Then he shot up, and struck a theatrical pose, puffing out his chest. He grabbed a nearby broom, and held it as if it was a lance. Katherine cooed and clapped, laughing as Richard began to mock fight with the broom.

“Take that, you cad!” he said, striking at an invisible assailant. “And that, you bounder! And that, you fiend!” He turned his head back to look at Katherine. She giggled. Then she gasped.

All at once, Richard’s body began to swell. He grew several inches. His arms grew long and muscular, his chest swelled. His hair, rumpled and disheveled, smoothed out. His clothes changed from the garb of a stable boy to bright chain mail armor. The broom in his hand became a sword, gleaming and bright. Richard reached a hand to her.

“Katherine.” His voice had grown deep and warm.

“Richard?” Then the ground trembled. The earth split open, and Richard pitched back. A chasm opened beneath his feet, and he fell in. Katherine dashed to the chasm, screaming.

“RICHAAAAAARD!”

“Richard, noooo!” Katherine screamed. She bolted up.

“Katherine?” Large, powerful hands settled on her shoulders. She turned. It was Richard.

“Oh, Richard!” She pulled him close to her, letting him wrap his strong arms around her. Her heart was hammering in her chest.

“Katherine, what is it?” It all came back to her. She was in the arms of her husband. It had been a nightmare. An intense, frightening nightmare. But Richard was here now. He had not fallen into a chasm. It was just a dream.

“I had a nightmare. About you.” She looked into his eyes. Through the window of their bedchamber, she could make out the first faint glimmers of the dawn.

“It’s alright, my love,” he murmured in her ear. She felt her heartbeat slow. She relaxed in his arms. She was in her knight’s arms. It was alright.

It was the 27th year of the reign of King Ballor. Although the land was currently at peace with its neighbors, a new terror had gripped the land. The Black Knight had returned.

A year prior, the Black Knight had invaded the keep of Ballor on the eve of the summer feast, and kidnapped the Lady Katherine. Richard had ridden to her rescue, battling and besting the Black Knight. But the giant had disappeared. Katherine was returned safely, and she and Richard, newly named lord of the Westernesse and heir to Ballor’s throne, were wed. For several months, all was well. Richard and Katherine divided their time between Ballor’s court and the western lands; lordless since Lord Thomas and his family had died in the plague six years before. Then, news of the Black Knight began to reach Ballor’s court. With increasing frequency, sightings were reported. Men were killed, women terrorized. Some women disappeared for days on end, only to return sobbing and hysterical. The Black Knight had tortured them, they had said, but they could say no more. Many hunting parties were organized to find the specter and destroy him. Only one returned.

Richard and Katherine had returned to Ballor’s court with news of another sighting on the borders of the Westernesse. Just beyond the borders were the far western lands, lands that had long been rumored to be the home of the Black Knight. Now Ballor, along with Richard, Katherine, her father James, his wife Marie, and a few of Ballor’s most senior and trusted councillors met to discuss the situation.

“A war party is the best solution!” declared on of the councillors.

“Several war parties have been formed,” interjected James. “Only one of them returned.”

“But they weren’t trained soldiers. They weren’t knights!”

“It wouldn’t matter if they were,” said Richard calmly. The others fell silent. Of all the people present, only Richard and Ballor had ever fought off this monster.

“I fought him,” he continued. “I drove his own sword into his chest. He pulled it out like a mere splinter, then vanished like smoke. I doubt any trap we could lay for him would work.”

“What do you suggest, Sir Richard?” asked Ballor. Over the last year, Ballor had come to rely more and more on Richard’s advice. Partly because the young man was clever. Partly because Ballor, who was childless, intended Richard to succeed him to the throne. It was good for Richard to gain some experience in all matters at court.

“I don’t know,” Richard replied, chewing his lower lip thoughtfully. “Our biggest problem is we really don’t know anything about him, apart from what the legends say.”

“We know he’s a menace,” said Marie. Over the years, Ballor had come to value her council as much as her husbands. “We know he kills and tortures. What more do we need to know?”

“Anything,” answered Richard. “Any information would be valuable. What does he want? How did he come to be?”

“We may find some clue as to how to destroy him,” added Katherine. Richard nodded in agreement.

“But we don’t know anything of value.”

“Perhaps I do,” declared a voice. Heads turned. Ballor rose form his seat. Before him, a woman stood in the doorway. She was tall, dressed in red, with a brown travel cloak wrapped about her. She carried in one hand a staff, topped by a silver disc. Her hair was platinum streaked with silver, and was pulled back and tightly wrapped in a long braid that ran down past her waist. She stood straight and proud. Confidence and authority radiated from her. She met every one’s eyes, and locked gazes with the king. Ballor saw her eyes were a clear blue, like the morning sky. Her complexion was fair, her face round. She had a pleasant face, Ballor thought. But she wore a stern, icy expression.

“And who are you?” His tone was polite, calm, as if she had just joined them for dinner. Richard had tensed, his hand closing about the hilt of his sword. How had this woman slipped past the guards? Ballor noticed Richard’s reaction, and gestured his knight to relax.

“I am Jamielle,” she responded. Her tone was commanding. Ballor smiled. Clearly, this was a formidable woman.

“Jamielle, you are welcome to my keep. From where do you hail?”

“My lord,” Richard began. Why was he wasting time with pleasantries? Ballor again gestured for silence.

“From the north.” She still had not entered the chamber, had not moved, nor volunteered any more information.

“Then I welcome you, Jamielle, chieftainess of the Seers of the Northland,” Ballor declared. Everyone in the room went still at this proclamation. Chieftainess of the Seers? Everyone had heard of them. Richard’s former master, Sir Stephen, had briefly studied with them. The Seers were mystics, scholars, historians. They devoted themselves to knowledge in all its forms. They sought out the ancient and hidden mystic arts that once ruled the world. They recorded and stored the histories of the realm and the surrounding lands. They were the keepers of the chronicles, legends, fables, and songs that once rang from one end of the realm to the other. The Seers dwelled in the mountains on the northern borders of Ballor’s kingdom. Despite the presence of many hostile tribes north of the realm, the Seers lived peacefully. Mostly that was because their keep was remote and hidden, and difficult to reach if one did not know the way. Rarely did one of the Seers venture forth into the realm. That the chieftainess had come to Ballor’s castle was of great significance.

Upon hearing Ballor address her by her title, Jamielle relaxed somewhat. The rather icy demeanor she had adopted warmed. She smiled, and raised an eyebrow.

“You know me, King Ballor?”

“I know of you.”

“Might I inquire as to how?” Now Ballor smiled, glancing briefly at Richard.

“In my youth, I visited the keep of the Seers. I was not able to study with them for any length of time, but I remember the red robes of the Seers, and who but the chieftainess would carry the staff of office?” A true smile broke over Jamielle’s face. Ballor had impressed her. She found this refreshing. Usually, people were superstitious concerning the Seers. Ballor clearly was not. He was more than he appeared. Jamielle found this refreshing as well.

“May I enter your hall, King Ballor?” her tone had changed. It was warmer now. Richard had the distinct impression she had been testing the king, and Ballor had passed her test. But he did not yet relax. He was suspicious of this dark-haired, dark-eyed woman.

Ballor gestured for Jamielle to join them. She strode over to the table, and took a seat.

“What do the Seers want with an old man?” Ballor asked.

“Word has reached us in the North, news of a black rider.”

“The Black Knight?” James asked. Could this silver-haired Seer be the answer to their prayers?

“Yes,” Jamielle responded. “We know of his appearance last year. And we know a knight bested him in combat.”

“This is the very knight,” said Katherine proudly, indicating Richard. Jamielle turned to regard Richard. She stared intently at him. Her dark eyes seemed to him to be boring through his flesh.

“You fought the Black Knight?” she asked. Richard nodded.

“Yes. I managed to run him through with his own sword, but he pulled it out, swatted me aside, and disappeared like smoke.”

“Very few have ever encountered this monster and lived. And no one has managed to injure him as you have.” Jamielle looked impressed.

“Do you know anything of him?” Richard asked. Jamielle nodded.

“Since we first received word he had returned, we began pouring through the chronicles of the realm, looking for clues to his origins.” Everyone remained silent.

“We know how he came to be.”

Jamielle began: “It was seven hundred years ago. The lord of the far western lands, his name lost to time, ruled over his lands. He ruled with a firm hand. While he was a fair, if stern, ruler, he had his vices. He was married, but he indulged in many affairs. His favorite vice was tickling. He erected a tower in which he would imprison and tease his many mistresses, a tower hidden from his wife. But his wife was not a foolish woman; she had her suspicions of her husband’s extramarital activities. What he did not know was that his wife was a student of the magics which permeated the land at that time. Finally, she’d had enough of her husband’s infidelity. She demanded he cease his affairs. He refused. So she cursed him. She cast a complex and powerful spell, the details of which are lost or were never recorded at all. He was cursed with a half life, a shadow life. He became a shadow, neither living nor dead. He could touch the world around him, but not be touched by it. He would spend decades shut in his tower; which no one dared approach from that day forward. Then, for no apparent reason, he would ride forth to give vent to his rage, his lust, his fury. He would kill men, and abduct and torture women with his tickling techniques. Then, again for no apparent reason, he would disappear again for decades at a time. And so his activities have passed into legend, his name used to frighten children, to tell stories by the fire late at night when the shadows draw close. And now his shadow threatens us all.”

Jamielle finished her tale. The room was silent. Katherine nodded her head to herself. That explained why, last year when the Black Knight held her captive, he had tickle tortured her. He had been indulging his ancient vice. But it did not explain exactly why he had returned now. What did this creature want?

“This explains much,” Ballor finally broke the silence. He turned to Jamielle. “Have your researches uncovered any clue as to how we might destroy him?” Jamielle sighed deeply.

“No. We have spent months consulting the chronicles. But the magic needed to undo what was done, or to destroy him, is lost.”

“Then why come here, Seer?” asked one of Ballor’s advisors. “Why spin us such a pretty tale? What we need is a weapon, not a story. Something that can destroy this monster!”

“Any knowledge is power,” said Ballor. “Chieftainess Jamielle, we welcome any insight you can provide.” Ballor turned to those assembled. “It is late. We will continue this in the morning.” He motioned to one of his servants.

“Show the chieftainess to suitable quarters. She has had a long journey, and I daresay she will need a good night’s rest.”

“My lord is kind. My thanks,” replied Jamielle. She rose, and departed the room with the servant.

“Intriguing woman, that Seer,” remarked Lady Marie. “I’ve never seen such a vivid shade of red hair before.”

“Red?” replied Sir James. “Her hair was silver.”

“No, it was black.” said Katherine, becoming puzzled. Clearly, there was more to this Seer than meets the eye.

“It was a spell,” said Richard softly. He looked at the others. “Sir Stephen told me of a spell the Seers often use when they travel abroad. They cast a spell around themselves, a spell of disguise, of protection. People who see a Seer so cloaked see what they want, rather than who the Seer really is.”

“To bed, all of you,” Ballor declared. The others rose, and shuffled out of the room. Ballor remained behind, thinking of Jamielle.

“No,” he said very softly. “Her hair was platinum. Streaked with silver. And her eyes were blue.”

It was only a few hours later that the alarm was raised. Richard was sitting up in bed. Katherine was fast asleep; he could tell by the gentle rhythm of her breathing. He was mulling something over. Something he found disturbing. Ballor had, several years past, battled he Black Knight. He had injured the giant, just as Richard himself had. The giant had disappeared for decades. Now, he was returned, but it had been only a year since Richard had battled him. Why had it taken only a year for him to return? What had changed? Then the alarm reached his ears.

“Attack! Attack in the castle!”

Katherine jolted awake. Richard was already on his feet, strapping his sword about his waist and bolting out the door. He reached the courtyard to find several guards dead. Many others were just arriving. Ballor dashed in.

“What is it? What has happened?”

“My lord,” the guard captain stepped forward. He face was bruised and he was bleeding from a gash in his head. “The Black Knight.” The assembly gasped.

“Has he taken anyone?”

“Yes,” said a voice behind them. Ballor and Richard turned to see Sir James getting to his feet. “They took Marie.”

A hand grabbed Richard’s arm. He turned, and saw Katherine, her green eye wide, her face pale. Richard pulled her into his arms. He and Ballor looked at each other. Ballor nodded at him. Richard turned to a guard.

“Prepare my horse,” he growled. James stepped over to him.

“I’m coming with you.” Richard saw the steely resolve in the man’s eyes. He nodded.

“As am I,” Katherine said. Richard looked at her.

“Don’t argue with me, Richard. She’s my mother. I’ve faced that monster before. And you know I’m no mere weak maid who swoons and faints at the first sign of battle.” Richard stared at his wife, trying to come up with some reason for her to stay. Some reason she would not argue with. But he was interrupted.

“She must go.” Jamielle was entering the courtyard.

“Excuse me?” said Richard.

“She must go. And so must I. And her father. And the king.” Ballor turned to her, his eyes questioning.

“I have had a vision.” Ballor merely nodded. He turned to his guards.

“Prepare the horses.”

“My lord,” Richard began to protest. Ballor cut him off.

“You have your orders, guardsman. Prepare the horses.” His tone was clear. Ballor would brook no disobedience.

A few hours later, as the first rays of dawn began to creep over the horizon, the party set forth. Richard was in the lead, having tracked the Black Knight to his stronghold before. Katherine and Jamielle followed, with James and Ballor tailing just a bit to guard the rear. Jamielle had insisted only they go, no others. She had shared her vision with the others. That they set forth from the keep, found the Black Knight, and the Lady Marie. She had told them that darkness would swallow them, but that a great, piercing light would soon follow, and destroy the monster. Ballor trusted in her vision. James was skeptical, but eager to be gone, so he accepted. Richard had some faith in her vision, but was uneasy about Katherine coming along. But she would not be denied, so Richard relented.

The company rode hard for several hours. Finally, just before midday, they halted to rest the horses, and to eat. They ate quickly, but silently. Finally, Katherine broke the silence.

“Did your vision reveal anything about how to destroy the Black Knight?” Jamielle regarded her for a moment. She slowly shook her head.

“No. A piercing light engulfed him, but there was no clue how to
generate such a light.”

“It’s a pity we don’t know anything about the spell cast upon him in the first place,” said James heavily. “Maybe if we knew that, we’d gain some idea.”

“Wait,” said Ballor suddenly. All eyes turned to him. “Chieftainess, is there not some means of communicating with spirits?” She furrowed her brow in confusion.

“My lord?”

“During my time with the Seers, I remember one of them telling me of a way in which the departed could be contacted. A means of speaking with them.”

“There is a way,” Jamielle nodded, comprehension dawning on her. “It is powerful magic, but it can allow one to speak with the dead for a few minutes. But be warned,” she said solemnly. “It is dangerous and unpredictable magic. Parting the veil between here and the hereafter is not easy. There are risks.”

“There is risk in everything,” said Richard. “But if we can end this monster’s reign of terror, it is worth any risk.” Jamielle looked at Richard. Again, she seemed to look right through him. She nodded slowly.

“Very well. But we’ll need to wait for nightfall.”

The company rode on, not stopping. When night fell, Jamielle gathered them into a circle. The ringed the fire they had built, clasping hands. Jamielle asked them for complete silence.

“No matter what happens, or what you may see, you must not
utter one sound.”

With that, she closed her eyes. Her lips moved as if she was speaking, but there were no words anyone could hear. They had camped beside a small grove of trees. A gentle breeze rustled the leaves. Richard stared at the flames. He watched tongues of fire lick up into the air. He heard the crackle of the wood burning.

Beside him, Katherine had also closed her eyes. She was listening to the wind and the fire, when suddenly images from her nightmare rose before her. She saw Richard fall into the chasm. It was vivid, almost real. She stifled a scream, and opened her eyes. She looked to her left, and saw Richard there. She tightened her grip on his hand. Only a dream, she told herself. Richard felt Katherine clutch his hand tightly; he glanced over at her. She was staring directly into the fire, but he could see the worry in her face. He swore to himself he would find her mother. He would do everything in his power to save her.

The breeze kicked up. Richard felt a chill run through his body, then a warmth flushed through him. It was a curious sensation, but no sooner had it come, then it faded. Finally, Jamielle opened her eyes. She released Ballor’s and Richard’s hands.

“Did it work?” said James, looking around expectantly.

“I don’t really know,” she replied, looking weary. “As I said earlier, it is dangerous and unpredictable magic. It may have worked, it may not have. Only time will tell.” She began to get to her feet, then went dizzy and stumbled. The magic had taken more out of her than she realized. Ballor caught her, and swept her up into his arms. He looked at everyone.

“Get some sleep.” He looked down at Jamielle, who was looking at him through unfocused eyes. “You too.” Ballor carried her into the grove, and gently laid her down. He spread his cloak over her, and then sat down beside her, keeping watch.

Marie struggled against her bonds. She was tied to some trees in a small clearing in a forest. She had awoken in this position. She had been stripped of all her clothing. She was suspended in the air, her hands bound above her, apparently tied to the tree branches that stretched above her. Her legs were bound about the ankle, and also tied to the trees. Her body was bent in a wide “v” shape, with her bottom hanging a few feet from the ground. She heard a rustling, and craned her head around to see. The Black Knight stepped from the shadows. He strode over to Marie’s helpless form. Marie was much like her daughter. She was slender and strong, as most women from the east were. Her hair was fair, although a bit darker than Katherine’s, and streaked with gray. But it was clear where Katherine got her eyes, because Marie also had sparkling emerald eyes. Those eyes now looked in fear at the giant who had taken her from Ballor’s keep. She remembered waking in the night, and wanting some fresh air. She had slipped silently from her room, so as not to wake James, and went to the courtyard. She had spent only a few minutes there, when she heard the clatter of hooves. Before she could react, she felt herself raised up, and thrown over a saddle. Then everything went black.

Now, she beheld her captor. The Black Knight stood at her feet, staring at her soft, smooth soles. He drew a finger up her left foot’s sole. Marie jumped, and tried vainly to pull her foot away. The Black Knight repeated this on her right sole. Marie let a small giggle escape her lips. Another thing Katherine had inherited from her mother; she was incredibly ticklish. The Black Knight ran his fingers up and down Marie’s sensitive soles. She jerked and giggled, trying to pull away. She rocked gently back and forth between the trees. The Black Knight gestured, and Marie felt something curl around her waist. She looked down, only to see a tendril of some shadowy substance wrap around her. It was the most curious feeling. It felt like nothing at all, and yet it felt as if she was now tethered to the ground at her waist. He gestured again, and she felt her body pulled upwards, as if the trees she was tied to were raising their branches. Marie was now stretched taut, bound firmly by the wrist, ankle, and waist. Now the Black Knight reached for her feet again.

“NOOO-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!” Marie struggled to pull her ticklish feet away as the Black Knight raked her soles with his fingers. His shadowy hands seemed to shrink a bit, and now smaller fingers teased Marie’s toes. For long minutes, the Black Knight teased and stroked her feet, paying special attention to her soles. He ran his fingers lightly across them, and tickling sensations jolted through Marie’s body, running up her legs. Then, he ran his fingers down her legs, tickling her along her calves and the backs of her thighs. Marie tried desperately to pull away, but she was stretched too tightly. She couldn’t even bend her leg.

“EEEEEE-HEE-HEE-HEE-HEE-HEE-HEE-HEE!!!!” Marie wriggled helplessly as his fingers danced still lower, moving towards her buttocks. She shrieked as they found the crease between her legs and buttocks, and she bucked her hips madly, trying to escape the unbearable tickling now assaulting her bottom. Suddenly, he was standing over her, straddling her waist. His devilish fingers ran up and down her sides and over her belly. Marie squealed in surprise. She laughed, pulling vainly against her bonds. His fingers danced higher, teasing and stroking just under her bouncing breasts. When he reached her underarms, she began to plead.

“No, please! Not there! Anywhere but there! I’m so tickli-eeeeEEEEEP!” The Black Knight ignored her pleas, and began softly, slowly stroking her underarms. Marie could only throw her head back and laugh as the giant tickled her highly sensitive underarms. Tears began to run down her cheeks. She writhed and struggled hopelessly. Then, he stopped. With a gesture, she felt her legs begin to pull apart. Branched creaked as they shifted, and finally, Marie’s legs were spread wide. The Black Knight stepped between them, and began running his fingers up her inner thighs.

“NOOO-HOO-HOO-HOO! PLEEEEEASE-HEE-HEE-HEE-HEE-HEE!”

His fingers moved ever higher. Ever closer to Marie’s most private place. A place only James had ever touched. Her laughter rang though the air.

“HELP! HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! SOMEBODY HEE-HEE-HEE-HEE-HEE! PLEEEEASE HELP HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!”

The next day, the company made their way to a series of low-lying mountains on the edge of the western lands. Just past these mountains lay a stretch of flat plains. It was past these plains that the Black Knight’s stronghold stood. It was their destination, for they were all convinced the Black Knight had taken the Lady Marie there. They headed for a pass in the mountains that had been carved out over the millennia by a river. It was while they were threading their way along the path that wound up along the pass that the horses became restless. They began pulling at the reins, stamping their feet, and whinnying. Richard turned to look back at his companions. When he turned forward again, there before him was the Black Knight. Richard shouted an alarm, and turned his horse to charge. But the animal was now bucking and rearing. As the horse rose onto its hind legs, Richard pulled his feet from the stirrups, swung his legs down, and vaulted off the beast back. He landed, and pulled his sword from its scabbard. The Black Knight charged, heedless of the horse’s flailing legs. He pulled his own ebony blade out, and struck at his foe. Richard parried the blow, and ducked under a counter-stroke. He swung his own blade, but it passed easily through the giant’s body, as if it was made of smoke. Or shadow. Richard jumped back from the Knight’s next swing. He lunged at the giant. The Black Knight stepped aside, kicking his feet out, and tripping his foe. Richard tumbled to the ground, and rolled to avoid the blows the Black Knight was raining down on him.

“FACE ME!” roared a voice. Ballor charged the Black Knight, his own sword in his hand. Ballor was older than the last time he had faced this wraith. His beard was gray, his hair thinning, and his strength not quite what it once was. But Ballor was still strong, still skilled, still as resolved as ever to protect those in need. Ballor’s sword crashed into the Black Knight’s blade. With fast, powerful blows, he managed to drive the giant back away from his first knight. James had by now dismounted, and lent his sword to the fray. The two battled the Black Knight furiously. For a few brief moments, it seemed as if the combined attack would drive him off. The Knight retreated, giving ground with each blow. Then, with astonishing speed, he struck at James, knocking him to the ground. He parried Ballor’s next blow, then struck the king about the head. Ballor staggered, and collapsed.

“Noooooo!” cried Katherine and Jamielle together. The Black Knight turned to them, and began to approach them. Richard hurtled into the giant, knocking him aside. The two grappled, but the Black Knight was easily the stronger of the two. The last time they had fought, Richard had actually managed to force the monster back. But then, Katherine had been in mortal peril, chained naked and helpless. Richard tried to recall that fury, to draw on its power. But the Black Knight forced him back. The two grappled ever closer to the edge of the pass. Richard redoubled his efforts. With a mighty heave, he pushed the giant back. The Black Knight seized his sword, and struck the ground a Richard’s feet. Suddenly, the dirt and stone crumbled, and began to slide into the river far below. Richard stumbled. Katherine looked on horrified. Richard seemed to hang in the air for a moment, and he reached a hand to her.

“Katherine,” he said. Then, he fell.

“RICHAAARD! NOOOOOOOOO!”

The Black Knight stood. He stepped over the dazed forms of Ballor and James, heading straight for Jamielle and Katherine. Jamielle raised her staff. A bright light discharged from it’s head, swallowing the Black Knight. But no sooner than it had then the light disappeared, swallowed up into his shadowy form. The giant staggered a moment, but recovered and continued forward. Again, Jamielle fired her spell at the advancing giant; again he slowed, but continued forward. Katherine leapt down from her horse, and grabbed Richard’s fallen sword. Tears streamed down her face, and her eyes burned with rage.

“I shall kill you, monster!” Katherine lunged at the Knight. Jamielle fired another spell at him. As it struck the giant, Katherine struck with her sword. He giant actually fell to one knee. Then he rose. His hood had fallen away. Katherine now looked directly into his face. It was like looking into shadow. There were no features. No nose, no mouth, no eyes. His head was just shadow, blacker than the depths of a starless night. The Black Knight swatted the sword from Katherine’s hand. It tumbled away into the river below. He grabbed Katherine, and dragged her struggling body forward. Jamielle raised her staff once more, but the Black Knight struck the head off with his ebony blade. He pulled her off her horse, then dragged the two women to the edge of the pass, and held their head out so they could see the raging river one hundred feet below.

“I don’t think he’s coming back this time, do you?” his raspy voice hissed in Katherine’s ear. Katherine twisted in his grip, and spat in the monster’s face. It merely vanished into his shadow head. Although he had no features, Katherine could have sworn, somehow, that he smiled. Then her world went dark.

Ballor and James stirred slowly to life. Richard, Katherine, and Jamielle were gone. Wordlessly, the two old friends began to examine the ground, to determine what had happened. They saw, based on footprints and tracks, that Jamielle and Katherine had been dragged off, presumably by the Black Knight. They also saw, to their great sorrow, that Richard had fallen. They stood on the edge of the broken precipice, looking down into the raging river below. Ballor’s heart sank. No one could have survived that fall. Richard was gone.

“Ballor.” James laid a hand on his friend’s shoulder. Ballor nodded. The man who had become a son to him was gone, but there were still lives to save. With grim determination, the two began tracking the Black Knight.

Richard’s still form drifted to a bank where the water of the river slowed its flow. He found he couldn’t move, but curiously, he felt no pain. He knew, somehow, that his body was broken. The fall had done tremendous damage, but he felt as if her were floating on clouds. Overhead, his eyes could see the fading afternoon light. Slowly the world grew dark. Blackness began creeping in around the edges of his sight. One word floated through his mind. Katherine. His world grew dark. Katherine. Then, he perceived a glimmer of light. The glimmer grew, like a long tunnel of light forming before him. Richard found he could raise himself up to sit. He pushed himself to his feet, surprised his body worked. He turned, and saw his body lying on the ground. He turned back to the tunnel of light. Katherine. Richard stepped into the tunnel of light.

Katherine slowly stirred. She found herself unable to move. It was a chillingly familiar feeling. Once before, she had been chained and naked in the keep of the Black Knight. Now, she awoke to find herself in a similar situation. She was in a small, dark clearing in a forest. Her wrists and feet were bound above her, her waist bound by some shadowy substance to the ground beneath her. And she was naked. She noticed two other women tied near her. As her vision cleared, she realized it was her mother and Jamielle. The three women were in a circle, also nude, with their legs spread wide. Katherine’s right ankle was bound to Jamielle’s left ankle. Katherine’s left ankle was bound to her mother’s right, and Jamielle’s and her mother’s remaining legs were bound together. All three were bound about the waist, bent in a “v” shape, tethered to the ground. In the middle of the circle they made, was a small fire. The air in the grove was hot and stuffy. Katherine was about to call out to her mother, when an enormous shadow emerged into the clearing. The firelight was swallowed into his shadowy depths. She could see him by the lack of light around him. The Black Knight. But he was as Katherine had never seen him before. Gone were the black flowing robes he usually wore. Gone was the hood. Katherine realized she was looking upon the monster’s true form. His was the curse that had been laid on him centuries before; he was nothing but shadow. But shadow which had an unusual and powerful substance.

The giant stepped forward, and without touching them, was suddenly in the center of the circle made by the bound legs of his captives. All three women were silent. Despite the warmth cast by the fire, Katherine felt the air grow cold. She had a feeling she knew what was coming next. She began pulling at the bonds on her wrists. Hatred swelled in her: this monster had killed her Richard! But she was bound tightly by the peculiar magic of the Black Knight. She wasn’t going anywhere.

Silently, the giant raised his enormous hands. He reached for Marie’s feet. He began to stroke her bare soles.

“Oh no! Please not again! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!” Marie began to wriggle and bounce with laughter. Katherine felt her legs shake as her mother pulled helplessly at her bonds, unable to pull her feet away. Jamielle’s eyes grew wide in alarm.

As the Black Knight bent to the task of tickling Marie’s feet, a strange thing happened. His body seemed to double in size, and another shadowy upper body emerged, complete with arms. This new torso now bent over Jamielle’s bare feet. The Seer struggled hopelessly as the giant began to run his fingers down her soles.

“Eeeeeee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee!” Jamielle also pulled as best she could against her bonds. She swivelled her feet in a vain attempt to escape the shadowy, tickling fingers assaulting her tender soles. She felt fingers stroke the balls of her feet, her toes, her soles, even the tops of her feet. Jamielle also proved to be incredibly ticklish. Katherine’s felt her legs shake on both sides now. Marie’s and Jamielle’s laughter rang through the clearing. Katherine knew she was next.

Again, the giant’s body swelled, and again a torso sprang forth. Now, the giant hovered over Katherine’s feet. She pulled and twisted, not wanting this creature to touch her, not wanting to feel what he was about to do. Katherine was very ticklish, and Richard would frequently tickle her, usually while the two were being intimate. Katherine loved it. She didn’t want this monster to violate this memory. But she had no choice.

Slowly, lightly, the Black Knight traced black, shadowy fingers down her soles. Katherine’s legs trembled as she tried to ignore he feeling shooting through her. She bit her lip, and twisted mightily. But she couldn’t long ignore the feeling. She was simply too ticklish.

“NOO! STOP-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!”

Shadow fingers slid up and down Katherine’s soles, teasing her toes, tickling her arches. Her legs pulled and shook along with Marie’s and Jamielle’s. the trees above them rustled as their captives struggled helplessly. By now, tears were beginning to run down Marie’s face. Jamielle had thrown her head back, and was laughing harder than she ever had before. Katherine continued to twist and wriggle, desperately trying to escape the tickling torment. Jamielle shrieked as a new sensation assaulted her.

“EEEEEEEP! OH GODS! NO, PLEEE-HEE-HEE-HEEASE! NOT THERE!”

She felt light touches along the backs of her legs, running up and down her thighs. The Black Knight began sprouting dozens of shadowy tendrils. These tendrils began teasing Jamielle’s smooth skin. Her legs twitched and jerked. The teasing intensified, light strokes running up and down her thighs. Jamielle felt jolts shooting up her legs. A strange feeling began to gather between her legs. Jamielle’s eyes flew wide open as the touches moved to the crease between her legs and buttocks. She had identified the feeling. Incredibly, she was getting aroused. Jamielle had not expected this. The Seers usually lived ascetic lives; celibate lives. While they weren’t forbidden carnal pleasures, Jamielle had never indulged in them before. She had been surprised at how sensitive and ticklish she was. And she was amazed that the tickling could arouse her so. Despite her situation, she found a small part of herself secretly enjoying the sensations being forced upon her. And they grew more intense.

Beside Jamielle, Marie was desperate. She had already endured hours of torture at the hands of the Black Knight. She, too, had become highly sexually aroused. The Black Knight had teased and tickled her, driving her to the edge of orgasm, only to deny it to her. Marie was exhausted, but was so highly sensitive she couldn’t help but struggle as her tormentor continued tickling her feet. She yelped as she felt more tendrils working their way along her hips, to her waist. More and more shadowy tendrils joined in, working up Marie’s legs. Feebly, she begged for the torment to stop, but it would not. She felt tickling sensations dance across her moistened labia. Tendrils teased her breasts, her underarms. She wanted to climax, she wanted him to stop. But he would not.

Katherine writhed uncontrollably. The Black Knight tickled up her legs, along her waist, along her underarms. The Black Knight’s fingers began teasing around her breasts. She struggled as hard as she could. Her body betrayed her despite her struggles; she felt her body swelling with arousal. Her nipples stiffened, and became targets for the Black Knight’s tickling tendrils. Her groin slowly grew wet. Her sensitive clitoris began to peek out, and Katherine shrieked as she felt feather-light strokes across her swelling clit. She tried to hold on to her anger at Richard’s death, but the sensations assaulting her body were to intense to deny. She shrieked and laughed, wriggled and struggled. She was helpless before the sensations assaulting her.

The women writhed with growing desire. Slowly, the Black Knight increased the intensity of the tickling. Their shrieks and laughs mixed with gasps and groans as the tickling aroused them more and more. The Black Knight stroked their labia, their nipples, their clits. The tickling mixed with increasing pleasure. The helpless women were slowly being stroked to climax. Finally, the three simultaneously began to orgasm. Marie abandoned all modesty, embracing the orgasm fully, glorying in the long-denied release. Jamielle squealed in delight as unfamiliar sensations pounded through her. She gave in to the flood of pleasure. Katherine, however, fought the feelings as hard as she could. She did not want to give in to this monster, to the feeling he was creating in her. But her body was betraying her. Closer she danced to the edge of orgasm. As if sensing her resistance, the Black Knight tickled and teased her body harder. The shadows that lay across her body seemed to come alive. Hey tickled her feet, her thighs, her hips, her waist, her breasts, her nipples, her underarms. The Black Knight personally tickled her swollen and sensitive clitoris, flicking it lightly, causing powerful jolts of pleasure to shoot through her. Katherine gritted her teeth, trying mightily to keep her body from succumbing to the orgasm that was about to explode in her. But she was helpless before her tormentor. The Black Knight had teased and tickled women to the heights of sexual ecstacy while he had been alive, and had continued to do so in his shadowy form for centuries. He knew just how to tease, to stimulate. His black magic, grown more potent in the darkened grove, was finally too much for Katherine to resist. Against her fierce will, powerful pleasure trickled, then streamed, then coursed through her body as she climaxed. Her cries mingled with Marie’s and Jamielle’s as the three women writhed in rapture. Katherine felt the pleasure drain from her. It felt as if her very life was draining from her as well. When the orgasm finally faded, the three women hung limp and exhausted in their bonds. For a few brief, blessed seconds, the Black Knight left their trembling bodies alone. Then, with no warning, he began teasing and tickling Katherine’s underarms again. She cried out in dismay; her orgasm had served to increase her sensitivity. She was more ticklish now than before.

Marie was the next to feel the Black Knight’s renewed assault. Jamielle had a few more seconds to catch her breath before she too was tickled. She felt her strength flagging, and in a piercing moment of clarity, knew what the Black Knight wanted. This was not simply a case of the evil wraith satisfying his ancient vices. He was literally draining their life-force. She had felt it bleed out of her when she climaxed. She realized, as his fingers began stroking her now ultra-sensitive feet, that he felt more solid. He was trying to give himself a corporeal life again, at the cost of theirs.

Again, the Black Knight slowly tickled his captives to the point of orgasm, and again forced a powerful climax onto them. Marie screamed, Jamielle squealed, and Katherine whimpered. Again, Jamielle was aware of her body’s life force draining out of her. The orgasm faded, and Jamielle found herself weaker than before. The Black Knight, she saw, was now one body again. He seemed more solid than before, as if his human features were merely hidden in shadow, barely discernible. But the shadows in the grove still obeyed him, still had some substance; enough to stimulate his captives. Again, the tickling resumed. Jamielle didn’t think they could survive another climax. Marie hung limp, giggling weakly. Jamielle squealed and struggled, her strength sapped. Katherine still battled against her tormentor, but couldn’t deny the feeling he forced upon her hyper-sensitive body. Again, their arousal began to swell.

Then, a whooshing sound. A dagger struck squarely in the Black Knight’s chest. The giant doubled over; the shadows stopped their torment. Ballor and James burst into the grove. James drew his sword, and rushed at the giant. Ballor carried the head to Jamielle’s staff, and held it aloft. He muttered a few words, and a flash of light pulsed outward. It struck the Black Knight, and he tumbled down, out of the circle formed by his captives’ bound legs. He rose, pulling out and tossing aside the dagger, and drew his own ebony blade. James was upon him, striking at the giant with ferocious energy. Ballor dashed over to the captives, and began to try to cut at the bonds holding them up. He slashed at Jamielle’s bonds first, only to find them made of shadow. His sword had no effect.

“The.....disk...” she gasped weakly. Ballor nodded, and raised the disk to her bonds. Then James gave a cry of pain. The Black Knight had knocked him to the ground, and raised his weapon to strike a final blow.

“NO!!” Ballor roared. He held the disk of the Seer aloft, and again a white light pulsed forth. The Black Knight staggered again, and Ballor charged him. His sword struck again and again at the giant. Amazingly, Ballor drove the Black Knight back. James staggered to his feet, and joined in the attack. For a few moments, hope blossomed in their hearts. The Black Knight was retreating! But suddenly, he struck out with astonishing strength. James and Ballor flew back, falling to the ground, stunned. They stirred weakly, and the Black Knight simply stepped over them. He walked back to the women. He stepped back into the circle of their bound legs, and raised his fingers. The exhausted women pulled back as best they could, preparing themselves for the intense tickling that was about to resume.

“No,” Katherine whimpered weakly, small tears squeezing out of the corners of her eyes.

A chill wind began to blow through the grove. The Black Knight paused. Katherine felt the cool wind blow across her skin. It raised goose bumps on her arms, and she felt her nipples stiffen further. But it felt good, and her spirits revived somewhat. James and Ballor raised their battered heads. A soft light began to rise in the grove. It grew more intense. The women twisted their heads to look at its source. Katherine was directly in front of the growing light, but she managed to turn her head. She fancied she could see a figure approaching. The light grew more intense. The Black Knight stepped back, outside of the circle.

Out of the light stepped a tall, lean figure. It was dressed in dazzling white armor. His head was covered by a white helmet, drawn down over the face. The white figure seemed to be the source of the light, as if it was emanating from him. His White Knight drew a shimmering white blade, and leveled it at the Black Knight.

“Step away from them!” the White Knight commanded. The Black Knight drew his ebony blade, stepping away from the women. The two figures stood there for several minutes, taking measure of each other. Katherine looked directly at the Black Knight. No features were visible, but she could swear he looked afraid. Then, they attacked.

Their blades collided. Sparks flew from the blades. They struck again. The clash of metal rang through the grove. Again and again they struck. White blade against black blade. The Black Knight was the larger of the two, but the White Knight glowed with an almost holy light. And he began driving the giant back. James and Ballor had to shield their eyes. The women looked away. As they fought, the white glow grew more intense. The grove was lit from within. The White Knight drove the Black Knight back. The Black Knight struck with all his massive strength. The White Knight parried, dodged, and struck back with blinding speed. Finally, his dazzling blade slipped past his foe’s guard, and for the first time in living memory, the Black Knight cried out in pain. The light burned through him.

The White Knight now struck with ferocious power. Again and again, his blade burned through the Black Knight. With a final swing, the Black Knight’s ebony blade shattered. The White Knight stabbed his sword through the Black Knight’s chest. The light pouring off his body increased to blinding intensity. The shadowy form of the Black Knight struggled for a moment, then dissolved away, banished by the light of the White Knight.

The light dimmed as the last wisps of the Black Knight vanished. Only the White Knight remained. He turned, glancing at James and Ballor. The two men slowly raised themselves to their feet. The White Knight strode over to the women. A casual swipe of his blade and their shadowy bonds dissipated. He freed Jamielle first, gently lowering her to the ground. As he did so, some of his light flowed into her body. Jamielle felt her strength, nearly drained by the Black Knight, return fully to her. The White Knight did the same for Marie, severing her bonds, and returning her strength, which had been nearly fully spent. James rushed to Marie’s side, throwing his cloak over her body. Ballor, did the same for Jamielle. Finally, the White Knight turned to Katherine. He cut her bonds, and gathered her into his arms. He gently lowered her to the ground, and his light pulsed into her body. Katherine felt warmth flood her, felt her vigor return. He pulled off his cloak, wrapping her body within it. Katherine looked up at the helmeted face of her rescuer.

“Wh-who are you?” she asked. Her voice shook. Everything that had happened in the last two days was crowding back into her head. She felt as if she were going to burst. Burst with grief, with rage, with pain. The White Knight cradled her in his arms for a moment, then pulled the helmet off. The light flared for a moment, and Katherine was blinded. Then, the light finally faded. Her eyes adjusted. A face came into focus. A lean face with deep brown eyes, and jet black hair.

“Richard?” Katherine whispered. Richard smiled, and pulled her close to him. Katherine pulled back, staring at his face.

“Richard?” she asked, disbelieving. Her eyes were playing tricks. They had to be.

“Katherine,” he said warmly. She put her hands on his face, feeling its shape. He covered her hands with his own. It was Richard’s touch. It felt like Richard’s face. It sounded like Richard’s voice. He drew her face to his. He kissed her. Katherine held the kiss for long seconds, then pulled back to look in his eyes. She saw the love there. The love she had always seen.

"You came for me!" Tears began to run down her cheeks. She trembled.

“Always I’ll come for you,” he said to her. A smile formed on her face. Tears now ran freely down her cheeks. She laughed lightly.

“Oh, Richard!” Richard pulled her back into his arms. She did not resist this time, but nestled against his chest. Her body shook as she sobbed happily. She poured out everything she was feeling, and Richard simply held her, stroking her hair.

“The magic did work,” Richard explained. James and Ballor had found the horses, and the party now made their way back to the keep. Katherine rode in front of Richard on his horse, still wrapped in his white cloak; she had not let him out of her reach since the night before in the grove. Now she nestled happily against his broad chest, listening to his story.

“How so?” asked Marie. She still wore James’ traveling cloak, her own clothing shredded by her captor. It was the same with Jamielle, who was wrapped in Ballor’s blue cloak.

“After I fell, I drifted along the river. I could not move, I could barely feel. My body was broken, and finally I reached a slow bend in the river, and drifted to shore. A white light spread before me. A woman appeared. I believe it to be he spirit of the Black Knight’s long dead wife. She restored my body, and gave me the magic needed to defeat the Black Knight.”

“Light to dispel his shadow,” Jamielle stated, understanding what Richard meant.

“Yes,” he nodded. “Light flowed through me. It gave me a strength I’ve never felt before. I could feel how it wounded him, and how it was slowly burning away his shadow. After so many centuries, shadow was all he was. The light finally burned him away.”

“So he’ll never return?” James asked.

“Never,” said Richard certainly. Katherine turned to him.

“And what happened after? When you freed me, I felt strength flow into me.”

“Well,” began Jamielle. “The Black Knight was trying to live again. I don’t know how, but he had found away to become alive again. He was draining our life-forces away.” She shuddered at the memory, the feeling of her life force draining from her. Ballor reached over to her, and gently squeezed her hand.

“After I defeated him, I knew the magic still was not done. I felt it being drawn to you, so I let it flow. It restored your life-forces, undoing what he had done.” The company fell silent. For several long minutes, they truded along silently, thinking of the extraordinary events of the past few days. Katherine was so happy, she felt as if she would burst. For a few terrible hours, she was certain she had lost her love. Now he was restored to her. She snuggled deeper into his arms, not ever wanting him to let her go again.

The company stopped by a small lake, the sun beginning to dip below the horizon. James started a small fire, while Richard and Ballor caught several fish for supper. After they had eaten and drank their fill, James and Marie dozed lightly before the crackling fire. Jamielle sat before the fire, lost in her thoughts. Her thoughts kept returning to Ballor; how Ballor had tried to free her. How Ballor had managed o make the disk from her staff work. He had returned it to her, and she kept it close to her body, under his cloak. She heard a rustling, and saw Ballor approach her.

“May I join you?” She nodded, smiling, and Ballor sank onto the grass beside her. She found his closeness reassuring. For long minutes, neither spoke. Then, Ballor cleared his throat.

“Jamielle...” He paused.

“Yes, my lord?”

“I was wondering, do you have to return to the North?”

“I have no pressing business, but I should return soon.” Ballor nodded. Then, he made up his mind. He was, he decided, too old for games.

“I was hoping you would stay at the keep for a while.”

“Why, my lord?”

“Because I want you to.” He looked at her, his gray eyes meeting her clear blue ones. “I want you to stay with me.”

“With you?” she said, a curious tone in her voice. Ballor smiled.

“Yes. I feel something for you. Something I haven’t felt in a long time. I feel happy. I feel... giddy. I think I am in love with you.” Jamielle surpised him by hanging her head.

“You don’t.” Ballor’s brow furrowed in confusion.

“Yes I do.” She shook her head.

“My lord, I travel with a spell wrapped around me. Seers are often met with fear, so we have developed a spell that conceals us, that lets others see us as they want to, so we are less threatening. You do not love me, you love what the spell shows.”

“I know.” Jamielle turned surprised eyes on him.

“What?”

“I know. But I see you for who you are.”

“How can you be sure?”

“Your face is round. Your hair platinum, streaked with silver. Your eyes are blue.” Jamielle’s jaw dropped in surprise.

“No one... how could...you see me as I am!” Ballor nodded.

“I do.” Jamielle smiled. She pressed her leg against Ballor’s.

“Then, I would like to return to your keep with you.” Ballor smiled. He drew her hand into his own. Eventually, the two nestled together on the grass. Jamielle fell asleep, her head on Ballor’s shoulder.

As night drew on, the fire died. Katherine rose, unable to sleep. She touched Richard on his shoulder.

“Richard?” she whispered.

“Yes?” he whispered back. He wasn’t asleep either. Katherine rose, and pulled him to his feet. Wordlessly, the two circled around the small lake. Suddenly, Katherine stopped, threw off his cloak, and too him in her arms. She kissed him, pouring out her passion, her longing, her love. Richard returned it. He said nothing as Katherine unbuckled his belt. She pulled his tunic off, and pressed her bare chest against his. She knelt down, and pulled his boots off, then stripped away his leggings. The two embraced again, pressing their bare bodies together. Slowly, he lowered her to the ground. Moonlight reflected in her eyes, and Richard saw her desire. He smiled, and began kissing her neck. Katherine gasped softly; her neck was always very sensitive. Richard lightly caressed her body. Light giggles escaped her lips as his caresses grew feather-light, and gently tickled her sides. Richard raised Katherine’s arms above her head. She didn’t resist. Memories of the Black Knight flitted through her mind briefly, but Richard’s touch dispelled those memories, just as his light dispelled the Black Knight.

“Hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee!” Katherine laughed softly as his fingers traced down her underarms softly. Her breathing grew heavier. She loved it when Richard tickled her. It was at once unbearable, and exciting; excruciating, and joyous. It aroused her like nothing else. His touch was soft, light, gentle. But his grip was strong. It needed to be, because Katherine began to wriggle.

“Oh no! Ooohhh-ho-ho-ho-ho-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!”

“Do you want me to stop?” Richard asked teasingly. He drew a finger along her hips as he said this. Katherine bit her lower lip, shaking her head.

“Never stop touching me!” she said, her voice breathy. Richard’s fingers slid down to her upper thighs.

“Eeeeeeekkkk!” she squealed in surprise. She parted her legs. Richard moved between her legs. She could feel moisture gathering. Then, she felt something press against her.

“Oooohhhh!” she gasped in surprise. She reached up, and pulled Richard close to her. She arched her back, feeling him enter her passage. She groaned as he slid deep inside her. She looked up. His face was hidden in shadow, but the moon shone behind him, and his head was ringed by a halo of moonlight. Then he bent down, kissing her deeply. Slowly, he thrust dep into her. Katherine moaned softly in response. Then, she jumped.

“Eeeeeeeepppp!” His fingers had teased her near her hips. She raised her arms again. He locked her wrists together with one large hand, and traced the other slowly down her underarm. As his fingers neared her waist and hips, Katherine began to writhe. She bucked her hips, grinding against her lover. Pleasure jolted through her. She giggled and groaned. Richard thrust deep into her, and Katherine was surprised to feel her body climax. It was a gentle, insistent orgasm. It washed through her, sweeping her along. She trembled, then relaxed, wanting more. Then, Richard teased and tickled her other side. Again, she writhed and wriggled as his fingers found her hips. She shook and bucked against him. Richard thrust into he as she bucked against him. A few strokes, and Katherine shook with orgasm again.

“OOOOOHHHHHHHH!” She sank back into the grass. She felt Richard continue to thrust slowly into her. She shook and twitched as he lightly teased her underarm. It was unbearable, and exquisite. His light, teasing , tickling touches kept her at the peak of arousal, kept her wanting more. She gasped in surprise, another orgasm claiming her. Richard kept up his tickling touch throughout the orgasm. It only served to intensify the pleasure.

Over and over, Richard teased Katherine’s sensitive body, bringing her to orgasm again and again. She writhed in ecstacy. Finally, unable to hold out any longer against his own rising pleasure, Richard climaxed, gushing deep inside Katherine. For long minutes, the lovers clutched tightly together, their bodies wrapped around each other. Finally, Richard rose, gathered his clothing, wrapped his wife in his cloak, swept her into his arms and carried her back to the camp. She nestled against him, quickly falling asleep. Richard watched over her and the camp; a white knight keeping the shadows at bay until morning.

“Richard?” Katherine whispered sleepily.

“Yes, Katherine?”

“Thank you for rescuing us.”

“Always my love.

“I love you, my knight.”

“And I love you, my lady.” She smiled as she drifted fully off to sleep. She relaxed in his arms. She was in her knight’s arms. It was alright.

THE END

ahh nothing better than to sleep in your knight's protective arms..Knight, my Knight, this story was simply fantastic..your imagination amazes me. the details, the descriptions, the erotic ending, i loved it all...and wow the Black Knight was a shadow of his former self.. original concept.. i believe Jami will like her part very much.. love romantic medieval tales of Knights and their lady fairs...

isabeau said:
ahh nothing better than to sleep in your knight's protective arms..Knight, my Knight, this story was simply fantastic..your imagination amazes me. the details, the descriptions, the erotic ending, i loved it all...and wow the Black Knight was a shadow of his former self.. original concept.. i believe Jami will like her part very much.. love romantic medieval tales of Knights and their lady fairs...

Thanks, Melly! My stories are never quite complete without a post from you. So glad you liked it. I hope it wasn't too long. I never planned for it to be as long as it became, but it just kept getting longer and longer. So glad you liked it. Thanks again for your always welcome, and so kind, thoughts.

I absolutely LOVE this story. I have always been a sucker for the period romance novels and this fits right in. A wonderful read that I really got into. Good job.

Sultrybrunette said:
I absolutely LOVE this story. I have always been a sucker for the period romance novels and this fits right in. A wonderful read that I really got into. Good job.

Thanks, Sultry. Really glad you liked it. I'm a sucker for the medieval romance stories, Arthurian myths and all, as well. The first part is here if you're interested http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?t=81193 . And yes, that's a shameless plug. Thanks again.

Last edited:
TicklishGrl4Lfe said:
Very nice! I enjoyed this thoroughly! Keep it up!

Thanks, Angel! Really glad you enjoyed it!

Oh yay! I'm glad I came in here! Yes, I loved my part! *dances* I won the heart of a king! It's a wonderful story, Knight! Even though the Black Knight is gone is there plans for more? I mean, Ballor's still got some life in him after all....

TicklishLurker said:
Oh yay! I'm glad I came in here! Yes, I loved my part! *dances* I won the heart of a king! It's a wonderful story, Knight! Even though the Black Knight is gone is there plans for more? I mean, Ballor's still got some life in him after all....

Hey, Jami! I'm glad you liked your part! Yes, the Black Knight is gone (although he'll still visit Isabeau when she least expects it! Mwa-ha-ha-ha!), and I don't have any plans for any more Sir Richard stories at this point. But I really didn't have a sequal in mind until recently, so who knows? But I promise you, if I ever do come up with another Sir Richard story, Ballor and Jamielle will definitely play a part. Yes, he does have quite a bit of life left in him. He talks about being old, but he's probably in his 40s or 50s. That's definitely not old. And after all, we know Richard is into tickling his lady fair, but we don't know if Ballor is? Hmmm. Maybe fiendish brigands will ride off with Jamielle and do devilishly ticklish things to her. *creative juices flowing again* Thanks for letting me use you in this story, Jami!

knight said:
And after all, we know Richard is into tickling his lady fair, but we don't know if Ballor is? Hmmm. Maybe fiendish brigands will ride off with Jamielle and do devilishly ticklish things to her. *creative juices flowing again* Thanks for letting me use you in this story, Jami!

Anytime! And why not a Ballor-only story? I really like him. (Then again, I've always been into older men. Even as a kid while my friends crushed on the latest teen idol, I was looking at men with grey in their hair and a few wrinkles.) Sir Richard is nice and all, but I'm more interested in Ballor's thinking and life. And not just cause of my part in it. LOL

I just want to know one thing - the "tall" part - was that part of the spell? Cause IRL I'm only 5' 3" - though that might be considered tall for a woman back then.... LOL

knight said:
Yes, the Black Knight is gone (although he'll still visit Isabeau when she least expects it! Mwa-ha-ha-ha!),

well you know how much i adore both the White and Black Knight, so i don't mind in the least if he shows up unexpectedly..he has some wicked fantasies which i love.. :bowing: :redheart: :xpulcy:

Jami:
you're right, 5'3" was tall for back then. Let's just chalk that one up to poetic liscence, and the fact that I had no idea how tall you are. Or the spell. Either one is a good excuse for me ;)

Isabeau:
He knows. Believe me. Beware.

knight said:
Jami:
you're right, 5'3" was tall for back then. Let's just chalk that one up to poetic liscence, and the fact that I had no idea how tall you are. Or the spell. Either one is a good excuse for me ;)

Well, see there's an excuse to write a Ballor & Jamielle centered tale. To resolve the height issue.

I'm just a big silly, ain't I? :jester:

TicklishLurker said:
Well, see there's an excuse to write a Ballor & Jamielle centered tale. To resolve the height issue.

I'm just a big silly, ain't I? :jester:

Yes, but that's what makes you so endearing :D

isabeau said:
o love i can assure you , he does...

Heh. I really should leave you alone. I hear you have more important things to do then put up with a rotten brat like me. :smilestar

TicklishLurker said:
Heh. I really should leave you alone. I hear you have more important things to do then put up with a rotten brat like me. :smilestar

Well, I wouldn't call you a rotten brat, but if you are, it'll be good practice, won't it?

knight said:
Well, I wouldn't call you a rotten brat, but if you are, it'll be good practice, won't it?

LOL Trust me, I am spoiled. I'm the only girl out of four kids and the youngest. So I'm used to getting what I want from people. I try to not be all bratty and selfish - but sometimes I just can't help it, it's instinctive.

I wonder how Ballor would punish Jamielle if she got all bratty with him..... :idunno: perhaps with a good :feets: + :2poke:

TicklishLurker said:
LOL Trust me, I am spoiled. I'm the only girl out of four kids and the youngest. So I'm used to getting what I want from people. I try to not be all bratty and selfish - but sometimes I just can't help it, it's instinctive.

I wonder how Ballor would punish Jamielle if she got all bratty with him..... :idunno: perhaps with a good :feets: + :2poke:

Well, as you know, my life is about to experiene a major change. So time will tell, but I do have some ideas now. We'll just have to see what happens.

knight said:
Well, as you know, my life is about to experiene a major change. So time will tell, but I do have some ideas now. We'll just have to see what happens.

Yeah, and that's waaaaaaaaaaay more important. I'll try to control myself. Maybe someone around here can punish me if I get too demanding. :upsidedow

TicklishLurker said:
Yeah, and that's waaaaaaaaaaay more important. I'll try to control myself. Maybe someone around here can punish me if I get too demanding. :upsidedow

Shhhhhh! You never know if that'll bring the Black Knight back!

knight said:
Shhhhhh! You never know if that'll bring the Black Knight back!

Don't worry, since you're busy with your family I'll just call on Mastertank1's character, Mikran, and he'll protect me from the wicked black knight.

Of course, I'll have to reward him by letting him tickle me senseless but that's another story. :blaugh:

TicklishLurker said:

never love...rotten brats are my specialty, considering i am one also hehe..

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back