• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

It seems to me....

TicklishLurker

4th Level Red Feather
Admittedly, after working in a library for six years, I'm a bit anal rentive about things being in their proper place - but it seems to be requests should be limited to the request forum. Yet lots of times when I go to the Artwork or Stories forums thinking there's a new post of such material, I see instead, a request, and these requests are not removed like it's said they'll be. Unless the request is for material containing underaged characters, I feel bad reporting them. Yet I still find them annoying. They belong in Requests.

From my observations, the people who do this are newbies who don't realize the Requests forum exists. They don't fully explore the forum for it or for the rules. Maybe if the Requests forum was moved up to before any media or stories? Right between Internet and Media. That way they can't miss it and have no excuse for posting their requests anywhere else.

Plus maybe something can be done to make the newbies more aware of the rules? I don't think any of them read them fully. Judging from the requests for material containing those under the age of 18 and other, more minor things.

It just seems to me that it would make the mods' jobs easier if newbies were made more aware of things. Thank you.

Nice in theory.

However in practice a measurable number of users don't even read the rules let alone follow them no matter how clear or in your face we make them.

Use the report post function if you see a request out of place and a mod will slog it to the right forum.

Myriads

This is a good suggestion. It's something we've thought about doing for exactly that reason but I think we didn't want to shove the actual content further down the forum. Maybe every 6-12 months we should shuffle all of the forums around to make people more aware of what we offer.

Perhaps a 'spotlight on' feature where we bump a forum to the top position on occassion. That's an idea.

Myriads

another possibility.....

I see this in the clips section as well, even though things are often shifted. Would it make any sense to have a sticky in each of the involved sub-forums just for requests? It would be visible IN the forum the person is looking at and more readily accessible to those who use the forum to respond to. I know that some of the forums already have more than one sticky. But, some of them are outdated and could be cleaned up anyway.

For example...

The mainstream clips section currently has 5 stickies. One for the list of clips already posted, one for alternate players (also included in the clips list thread) and three reminding folks not to request things (also included in the clips list thread).

The links section has a thread for old closed sites that also now appear in the newer sticky that lists all sites. So, that thread can probably be cleared out. etc.

Just thinking out loud.

Ann

....oohhh Lurker....you'd positively HATE myspace then.....when you click on 'Groups' and type in 'ticklish,' you get a nice selection of tickling groups, and under (you'd THINK) specific titles such as "Females With Ticklish Feet!!!" You click on that, and almost half the people in that group are men....go figure.....

Myriads said:
Nice in theory.

However in practice a measurable number of users don't even read the rules let alone follow them no matter how clear or in your face we make them.

Use the report post function if you see a request out of place and a mod will slog it to the right forum.

Myriads

Like I said - six years working in a library I'm a bit of a stickler for things being where they're suppose to be. I just thought it couldn't hurt to ask. I know it makes my job easier when books are sorted to their proper areas.

That "Spotlight Feature" might help though. Make it noticable for awhile.

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back