• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Let us celebrate the new subforum!

Cosmo_ac

4th Level Blue Feather
Yay! Yay!

Ok, couldn't resist a chance to get first post. You know you would have too ;)

I posted this elsewhere, but wanted to leave my opinion here as my one and only post.
Far be it from to rain on everyone's parade......BUT
I personally think its a rather silly idea. I mean come on, putting all the birthday and congrats into a sub-forum?
I know I suggested the Sports Forum, I thought it was a good idea.
Then the humor forum, now the idea of mulitple sub-forums was starting to bug me, only because jokes and stuff should have gone to the silly-stuff but thats filled with the never-ending threads.
Now a congrats and birthday forum??
Whats next?
A "Found a picture on the net" forum?
A "My pet or loved one is suffering" forum?
What is the General Forum supposed to be for anyway? Generals??
Well call me General Nuisance.
How about a babbling forum for all the nonsense.
Oh while and were at it, why not a "Robace Forum" so I can complain to myself or people can complain about me.
Pretty soon, people will be posting everywhere but the General Forum.
STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

Its really a shame with some happenings around here lately.......
Perhaps Ill just stick in the P&R where I belong.

Rob

you know Rob..i agree with you..rather a silly thing to me also..and some congrats aren't even about feathers either..i mean like wedding anniversaries..births...graduations things like that...and birthdays were always something important..some people take things far too seriously..and i'll never complain about you..

We can really thank Dan for this new subforum. He bumped up all the "congratulations" threads one day, cluttering up the GD Forum, to make the point that there were too many of them. So here we are. Thanks, Dan. :D

And here I just posted a response to Mimi's birthday thread in General. I don't know about this seperate subforum for celebrations, though. I can see the reasoning for it, as far as numbers go. A good percentage of General Discussion threads are congratulatory in nature, so it makes sense from an administrative point of view. But how many people are going to take the trouble to go to a seperate subforum thinking, "I'd better check to see who I need to congratulate today." I'm thinking many won't bother.

But, what the hell. We'll see how it works. Might be a good thing. Always optomistic, that's me. :)

milagros317 said:
We can really thank Dan for this new subforum. He bumped up all the "congratulations" threads one day, cluttering up the GD Forum, to make the point that there were too many of them. So here we are. Thanks, Dan. :D

exactly

Five out of twentyfive of the threads on the 1st page of the GenDis forum right now are Happy birthday threads. thats 20%, on a recent day it was 50% thanks to a wealth of feather congrats threads.

It seems to make sense that they should have their own place. They tend to push the discussion threads off the 1st page, and they are not really discussions.

Myriads

I wholeheartedly agree with this new forum section, Myriads, and I thank both you and Jeff for creating it. As you did with the non tickle image forum, by seperating tickling images from non tickling images, a celebration subforum for members to congratulate, or wish each other occasion wishes, to me, makes perfect sense. The non tickle image forum was a late addition, and that has turned into one of the busiest sections of the TMF. I have a strong feeling that this celebration subforum is going to turn out much the same way.

Mitch

Seem's like a good idea to me.The General Discussion forum was getting rather crowded with this stuff.And i think people will get use to using it fairly soon.

Robace252 said:
Whats next?
A "Found a picture on the net" forum?
A "My pet or loved one is suffering" forum?

Rob

I suggested the idea in the Suggestion forum because when I went to the General Forum to see what new threads there were, I saw that more than half the page were threads congratulating people on bogus things like birthdays and feathers. Considering it's a tickling website, the fact that there even is a general forum is kind of funny, but I'm glad it is. However, when most of the first page are made up of threads that really have no substance to them, that are filled with a bunch of people saying the same thing, about a subject most don't really care about, it gets kind of annoying. I don't really like to slog through all of those, page after page, to see the real threads.

Oh, and I think you're already familiar with the image forum, so there's a solution to that question. As for the other one, I've only seen a few "I've Lost My Pet" threads. One about a goldfish, one about a cat, and one about a dog. I could care less, really, but if you see the general forum start to fill up with those, and more than half of the first page is memorials to dead animals, I'm totally behind a Lost Pet Tribute forum.

ticklishgiggle said:
...bogus things like birthdays and feathers.

Does this mean that we can just skip your birthday all together then? :p

ticklishgiggle said:
Considering it's a tickling website, the fact that there even is a general forum is kind of funny, but I'm glad it is. However, when most of the first page are made up of threads that really have no substance to them, that are filled with a bunch of people saying the same thing, about a subject most don't really care about, it gets kind of annoying. I don't really like to slog through all of those, page after page, to see the real threads.

Some of us do have lives besides tickling. General discussion is for those ideas other than tickling and besides, how many times have I popped into even the tickling discussion and seen the same thread types over and over just re-worded, and on the same page?!? You call that a "real thread"?! Slog through that one.....I won't.

I have to say that I never had any use for the congrats on what feather color you are threads....

That being said, I usually just ignored them and moved on...

Unfortunately some are just to lazy to go to page 2 to see if there are any new discussion threads.....so here we are.....

I have to go to one subforum for jokes and one for birthdays and as Rob says..."What's next" all because a few folks wish to complain that the
thread they looked at 2 days ago is no longer one of the first 25 items...

(It was interesting enough, it would still be there)

As for the number of Birthday threads, it would depend upon how many birthdays there are in any given month....

I myself am too lazy to search 5 or 6 different sub forums to find something interesting....

Well....I digress....I am with Rob on this one....I will stick with the 2 or 3 subforums that interest me the most and forget about interacting in the rest of them....

(oh oh....looks like we are having a discussion here....perhaps this thread should be moved to the proper forum..... :rolleyes: )

Ray, you hit the nail right on the head. People are too lazy. Yet we can put ( real threads as was put by one of our members ) surveys on how we flush a toilet in public or when our last kiss was in General Discussion. Like that is anyone's business when my last kiss was. Yet according to one of our members birthday's are bogus. I will make sure to remember to put that down on that thread when everyone goes to wish that particular member a happy birthday.

I shall give out Birthday wishes in the form of pms...I dont post in "bogus threads"....lol

What is the definition of General Discussion ?......... I think of it for one thing as a variety of topics . I enjoyed that there were congradulations of birthdays and feathers and things of that sort , it seemed to me to bring out the togetherness of the people on the forum in one general place . I go to the 2nd and 3rd pages to check on what I missed and that just seems to make sense to me anyway . Sometimes if I get the hankering I go further back in the pages and if I find something I like or something that seemed to get passed by , I"ll post , or what is said , "I'll bump it up". I dont know if this proves true but when things are spread to thin there is something lost along the way , namely people . This seems a flip of the coin , but I for one enjoyed it just the way it was .

All part of my Master Plan for global domination!

milagros317 said:
Oh, my pleasure, ya big stud. :blaugh:

Wonderful sentiment, thanks for posting. :D

Congratulations! :evilha:

(today, ze Forum, tomorrow, ze vorld!) :devil:

I just noticed this subforum. It's awesome. I never voiced any complaints about the old state of affairs. I may never have done so, but I whole-heartedly celebrate the opening of this forum. Champagne corks are popping right now. :D

Now we can save the General Discussions forum for actual discussions! :eek:

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back