• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"New Posts" filter

sabaki

TMF Expert
Oh, I was thinking.

I usually use the New Posts screen to keep updated on all the recent posts, rather than visiting each forum separately looking for new posts. It's much easier that way, and I think that's what most people do.

But usually I am only interested in reading 1/3 to 1/2 of the posts there, because the rest are Silly Stuff or Celebrations or Sports, etc, which aren't my cup of tea. (Creating a celebrations forum was nice, but it doesn't help the New Posts screen at all -- it actually hurts it :scared: ).

Is there a way of filtering that screen so you only see posts made in certain forums? (Like, only on-topic ones). If not, it would be highly useful.

Yours truly,
me :redheart:

I'm not an expert on vBulletin, but I am reasonably sure that the "New Posts" function works by calling the database for any thread/post made/updated since last you were on the website. It does not and can not discriminate between forums with one exception. If there are boards that you don't have permission to view, such as hidden ones (Like a board for just moderators/administrators) or, I think, password protected ones, it will not show new posts from those sections. That, however, is the sole exception.

EDIT: I just had a look at the Advanced Search function and, while it does have a field that will allow you to tell it to search for posts from your last visit and newer, you have to actually have something to search for to do that (And a simple wildcard, *, is not enough.).

Thank you for the info.

Hence, why I posted in the suggestions section. But if it's impossible to do without changing vBulletin, then I guess it's impossible.

Sigh...

forgive me for being totally stupid..but what are you talking about? is there another way to read posts other than going into the threads? sighs...i'm so misinformed...explain to me please..

On the main page of the forum (Or any page, for that matter), look to the top. You'll see a box if sorts stretching across the screen. At the right of this box is a little message that says
Welcome, YOURUSERNAME.
You last visited: SOMEDAYANDTIME
Look along the bottom of this box. You'll see a number of links, to the User CP, FAQ, Members List, Search, and so on. One of these links is labeled "New Posts." Clicking on this will bring up a list of all updated threads/new posts since the last time you visited.

HisDivineShadow said:
On the main page of the forum (Or any page, for that matter), look to the top. You'll see a box if sorts stretching across the screen. At the right of this box is a little message that says
Look along the bottom of this box. You'll see a number of links, to the User CP, FAQ, Members List, Search, and so on. One of these links is labeled "New Posts." Clicking on this will bring up a list of all updated threads/new posts since the last time you visited.

thanks HDS and nice to see you posting again..you are always so helpful..

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back