• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickling Story Critics

TicklingIsLife

3rd Level Orange Feather
I was think about putting together a website featuring all the tickling stories and what people think about them.
You would grade/rate a story/series on a scale from 1-10, and would would not be able to grade/rate a story that you wrote.

Anybody interested??

:) :)

I don't know...

A scale of writing might discourage first time writers.
They could get an unfavorable score and never write again.
Plus people usually only recognize the negative not the positive.
So if you hated the dialoge but the plot was nicely done, people will not mention the good plot.
I understand you would like a rating system, but most of the people writing are not professionals and poor reviews could kill confidence, but maybe it would help spur better writing.
Just my thoughts.

I think that it is too subjective as to what constitutes a "good" story..... and it might hurt people's feelings.... I wouldn't mind seeing a rating scale for grammar and spelling mistakes, though.... I never will discredit someone for trying to write a story, but it drives me nuts when it is filled with careless errors!

TicklingisLife, I think that your heart is in the right place. I think it's a good idea on the surface. I would discourage rating, however, ONLY because I agree with what tcrewme and Slappy said. First time writers could be put off by an unfavorable review. The idea itself is noteworthy, and you should be commended for trying to widen the community. Perhaps a place for stories with positive and/or helpful comments would be nice.

I've thought about getting together with other authors to make a "writing tutorial" for new writers, but this idea has it's pros and cons as well.

I DO wish you luck in anything you try to do, though.:cool:

Not a bad idea. To me, it might help newbies to perfect their writing. Hey, add a comment part where a person could suggest how to make the next story better! :D

I understand the problems with the letting the authors down with how their story is rated.
But I have a solution :wow: :D (hopefully)

How about separate rating for each part of the story(plot, descriptions...), and then an overall score. The authors will then be able to determine what they are good at and need to work on.

:) :)

Has anyone ever wondered why there are so many stories posted here? Many more stories posted on a steady basis than we are use to seeing anywhere else...

I think the main reason is because the poster knows that their literary contribution will be appreciated and they don't have to worry about their work being critiqued, scrutinized, made fun of or bashed.

The authors that generously share their stories with us here should be protected from unwanted scrutiny of their work. I see their contributions as gifts to the tickling community. My suggestion is to only feature stories that are submitted by the author for review. In this way you would be leaving the decision up to author as to weather he/she welcomes a detailed analysis of their story.

critiques

i would tend to agree with morandilas...have a critique section where writers could voluntarily post their submissions for evaluations...with the undercurrent of the evals being improving, not bashing or nit-picking. i think there would be a whole group of writers out there willing to see the honest opinions of skilled readers. i would be among them. i do also enjoy the freedom of the forum as it stands now, so both approaches are valuable.

i think the rating system is a good idea! Writters can send their stories KNOWING they will be reviewed. And you put them into different classes, like "newbie" "regular" and "expirianced".

Then you rate things, like realisticness, plot, entertainment value, re-read value (this is rating on once you read the story, would you want to read it again?), and i'm sure youcan come up with some others.

You'd rate the newbies with some ease, rate the regulars with semi-ease, and expirianced writters get no ease. I think this would help newbies gain confidence, and when they read their review, it would cntain GOOD AND BAD things about the story! This way, the writter will know what he/she did right, and what he/she did wrong.

I think it shouldn't be reviewed by ONE person, rather a team of 5. All giving the different catagorys different scores, and giving their own overall score, and then the 5 overall scores are averaged, and thats the final score. So, you get a final score, then a breakdown from each reviewer, and then a breakdown of each catagory from each reviewer. I think this sounds fair.

I actually like this idea. It could help people figure out which stories are worth reading, and with ones to skip over.

Oh, you should also break the stories into two catagories, sexual, and non-sexual. That way if someone comes to the site, and wants to read a sexual story, they don't end up with a story about a guy tickling his cousin, or his mom. You should also break the catagories into real stories, and fiction.

Lost my Mind...

Lost my Mind must have found his because that is a great solution to the stories problem.
Thanks Tickling for Life for the idea, just needed a little help:)
Yeah a voluntary rating system would be good.

Not A Bad Idea...

Being a Libra I guess I see both sides of this. There's good and bad about it. ;)

In theory this is a good idea to have a place with a ratings system, as long as writers come with the understanding that the rating is only an opinion and any negative feedback shouldn't keep them from writing.

It is a sad fact that some budding writers are desperate to get anything of theirs read and are hungry for feedback good or bad. (I've been there myself) but at least with a site like that as well as this excellent forum they know it's at least being read and someone out there paid attention to their hard work.

Being ignored is harder than a thousand rejections.

What's New

4/17/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you updated on where and wehn people are planning to meet up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back