• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"Girls Only" Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vae

TMF Master
Okay, hear me out on this one, my might Ones.

There are actually a good amount of women on this forum. Well, a good amount of women who post, as opposed to other forums I've been on. There have been sometimes where I have had a lot of threads I would like to start, but in fear of creepy, obsessive lurkers or maybe because it's a personal-womanly-thing. However, merely sending it to one women, or five women, isn't enough. I think a lot of us women have lots of experiences we could talk about with each other -- tickling and non-tickling related! -- that we could really get into.

This is NOT to exclude the guys. I'm very fond of a lot of guys here, but I don't think they would like to hear about a scary tampon incident, our latest dildo purchases or that perfect tickling moment with someone special that just makes go gooey with :redheart:. Or if they would, but maybe one of the lovely ladies isn't the most comfortable with sharing with this 33,000 member public.

So is it possible for a girls only forum? Or is this an idea that has been shot down before? Or maybe something in the rules I haven't read before. Again -- this is NOT to exclude anyone! But to give the girls their little place to talk girl things. :)

I can see the value of what you ask for.

But the main issue that I have is that I have no way to verify the gender of any given member other then through personal interview or verification via another forum member whom is trusted.

There would be no real way for us to set the thing up workably.

No matter what I set up here you'd have guys being able to get in and see it.

If I saw enough demand I could possibly see the value of creating a "Woman's Conversation Forum" off of General discussion. But at this point there is no where near the numbers of posts to warrent one yet.

Myriads

Ah, I got'cha. On other forums where this existed, it was usually done via other members. Other people checked into the gender in some way or another.

Understably, boss. Thanks for hearing me out. :)

I've thought about this too. On another forum I am on we have a "Ladies Only" section which is password protected and only proven females can have the password and one or two of the ladies on the forum pretty much runs the section as far as moderating and giving out the password. It is password protected so that women can say whatever they want without having to censor themselves or feel at risk for getting flamed or just sounding dumb.

I think this is a great idea, especially on here.

I think it's a great idea too, but I agree with Myriads that it doesn't seem particularly do-able.

Ha! I had the silly idea of the girls here just getting their own, hidden forum elsewhere where we can talk. I think it would be good for the girls here to bond more than we do. I know I just cling to the few I'm comfortable with for the most part.

(I know, blah blah blah, month old thread, but) We could always go start a small forum somewhere else if we really wanted to. Nothing fancy, just like a parallel kind of discussion place.

Can't the mods created a hidden forum on this site? That's what we have on the UKTF. It's only visible and can be accessed by the mods and to those who are invited to use it. It's a little elitist, but you'd have to only invite certain girls who actually make an effort on the forum. Kind of like a secret society!

Damn, wish I was a girl. Always wanted to be in a secret society :(

I think the idea is a good one..it is hard to tell who is female and who is pretending..that's such a shame as i would like to discuss issues in which only female's would be interested..

I think its a great idea as well....not that my opinion carries alot of weight. You could easily create the forum as hidden and allow the women moderators to mod it. Just have the mods allow only the women that are members of the forum to have visibility when they log in. It would be as complicated as applying permission in Active Directory; which means it wouldnt be difficult at all. The only difficult thing would be verifying if it were an actual female applying for viewership, and you could leave that to the women mods. Furthermore, if you discover that someone is using another screenname to join the forum or flat out lies about their gender, just ban them. You guys have never been shy about your abilities to ban to the umpteenth power; make this one of the ways for a permanent ban (or as permanent as you possibly can do it).

Frankly, I think the women need a place where they can talk without some jackoff coming in and harassing them.

Yes, it is doable.

My issues come with confirming the 'reality' of female members. I know that some can easily be done by the network that exists, but I'd be hard pressed to find ways to approve others (not so hot to provide a private phone number and have folks call me to confirm gender)

While the forum could indeed be very helpful to women here, I seriously worry that it would become a very small club that entry into might be hard to manage for new females entering the community with few contacts. That exclusionary issue is the one that most stays my hand against creation of such.

I will keep an open mind and monitor this thread.

Myriads

What I meant was that someone could create a seperate board outside the TMF that can be found by word of mouth. We could just get a free (ad sponsored) board.

That exclusionary issue is the one that most stays my hand against creation of such.

Good point...and I have a solution.

Dont announce the opening. Continue monitoring this thread, but if you decide to open the forum, just open it and extend the invitations to those members confirmed as female. As new females join the TMF and make their presence felt, the female mods can decide if they want to extend the membership to the newer members. Obviously the members here with male counterparts would know, but hopefully those males would be adult enough not to bring it up. And if they were childish enough to...ban them.

I would be highly surprised to learn that there arent already secret forums here now...a mod only forum if nothing else.

"I'll tell 2 freiends and then they'll tell 2 friends, and that's like.....10 people right there." --Peter Griffin

Seriously, if we want to do like an Ezboard, I can throw together a design and with some work, it might work. Nothing special, just a few discussion forums and such.

Yay, its online! Ladies, feel free to join:

http://www.tmfladies.proboards101.com

You may have to create some kind of account, but that goes for any new message board you join. Try to keep it similar to the name you have here, so we can easily identify new members!

Last edited:
tickledorange said:
Yay, I "made" one! Ladies, feel free to join:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/ladysoftickling/messages/?start=Start+Reading+>>

You may have to create some kind of account, but that goes for any new message board you join. Try to keep it similar to the name you have here, so we can easily identify new members!
Oh! You beat me to it. :ranty:

Well, I'll post my link anyways since I went through all the work! :sowrong:
http://tmfladies.proboards101.com/

Complete with chat room and a password protected area.

Last edited:
Agh, I like yours better! Mine is just kinda...you know...there. I like the "your account must be approved by the administrator" function, I didn't get one of those! The only suggestion I have is if we can include TTC also. How do we spread the word?

Last edited:
You know what, as much as this is something you ladies deserve and want, part of me thinks all of you will end up spending less time here on the TMF, and maybe some might never come here at all except to maybe read one or two items and download something.

Dont get me wrong, its not that it is not a great idea for many of you ladies, especially those who are involved with someone already, married or simply sick of being PMed 100 times a day and dont know how to politely tell some guys that PM them to leave them be, your not interested. But still I feel this new seperate "Girls Forum" will be a not be a "home away from home" but a whole new "home" all-togeather.

This will give you all a chance to discuss things I wouldnt want to see like certain female problem of a medical nature, pregnancy issues, girl talk, and lets be honest...give you ladies a chance to talk about us guys without censoring yourselves.

I will miss many of you ladies whom I talk to, and was looking forward to talking too. You see since my daughters are comming to live with me, I was hoping to be able to talk to many of you with children and seek advice or counciling when times get rough, because often a woman's point of view is more helpful when Im dealing with 2 girls.

But best to all you ladies. Perhaps I should start a "Parents Forum" or something like that. But then again it might be hard enough now to be checking 2 forums (or more already) for some of you. Adding another one would be more hassle, and I wouldnt want to take away from the main forum.

Again, good luck ladies! I hope its all you wanted, but Ill sure miss many of you.

Rob

Robace252 said:
This will give you all a chance to discuss things I wouldnt want to see like certain female problem of a medical nature, pregnancy issues, girl talk, and lets be honest...give you ladies a chance to talk about us guys without censoring yourselves.

This is all I really want, but who knows what will really happen. Time can only tell.

Robace252 said:
You know what, as much as this is something you ladies deserve and want, part of me thinks all of you will end up spending less time here on the TMF, and maybe some might never come here at all except to maybe read one or two items and download something.

Dont get me wrong, its not that it is not a great idea for many of you ladies, especially those who are involved with someone already, married or simply sick of being PMed 100 times a day and dont know how to politely tell some guys that PM them to leave them be, your not interested. But still I feel this new seperate "Girls Forum" will be a not be a "home away from home" but a whole new "home" all-togeather.

I will miss many of you ladies whom I talk to, and was looking forward to talking too. You see since my daughters are comming to live with me, I was hoping to be able to talk to many of you with children and seek advice or counciling when times get rough, because often a woman's point of view is more helpful when Im dealing with 2 girls.

But best to all you ladies. Perhaps I should start a "Parents Forum" or something like that. But then again it might be hard enough now to be checking 2 forums (or more already) for some of you. Adding another one would be more hassle, and I wouldnt want to take away from the main forum.

Again, good luck ladies! I hope its all you wanted, but Ill sure miss many of you.

Rob
Thanks for the best wishes. I know I won't be neglecting this forum at all. I still enjoy it tremendously. But, there is nothing wrong with a little alternative from time to time. Plus, there are just some things a guy doesn't want to hear. lol. :xpeepsofa

tickledorange said:
Agh, I like yours better! Mine is just kinda...you know...there. I like the "your account must be approved by the administrator" function, I didn't get one of those! The only suggestion I have is if we can include TTC also. How do we spread the word?
You along with everyone else who needed to approved is now approved. I changed that option for the time being until we get enough people to mod the site.

I agree and would have said if first if Myr had not done it that there is no way to verify a members gender and you know that there will be fakers who will infiltrate said fem only forum.

On a side note

Lets not seperate ourselves' from one another.

TTD :lovestory
:p :tickle:

I'm glad TTD touched upon that topic before I did. At least now I know I'm not alone in thinking this.

While I completely understand the ladies' desire for a place to discuss "lady things", I'm seriously concerned about separating a community that has only recently come together. Thanks to the efforts of the juvenile man-children who bother women constantly (and this is a small but vocal percentage), we have a hard enough time making places like this comfortable for women. I'd really hate to see a need for women to feel they need to slip away from us. My wish for this community since the beginning has been an open family where everyone feels comfortable without having to delineate ourselves based on gender. As it is, someone got the bright idea already to ask about a "Men Only" forum....then how long is it before an "Over 40 Forum", or a (God forbid) "Jews/Blacks/Christians/Republicans Only Forum" is asked for?

Now, don't get me wrong. I am really happy that the forum you've been working on is up and running and that all involved are happy with it. Also, I do understand the difference between women needing a place to talk and dividing the community by races and affiliations and such...but I sincerely hope that this is not the start of our family coming apart after spending so much time putting it together.

So, in closing, best of luck with your place (I really mean that), but please don't forget that deep down, we really are the same and have come together for the same reasons. That's all. :triangle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back