• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

The Touchy Subject of Underage Tickling

Scinsor

TMF Expert
At the risk of pissing some people off, I would like to address the rather touchy subject of underage tickling. My Kingdom Hearts story was recently removed due to the fact that the ticklee (Kairi) is only 15 in said game. But tickling fiction is just that: fiction. This means that the author has complete control of what is being depicted in the story. If the author says that the ticklee is 18, then she is 18. In my story, I explicitly stated that the person being tickled was 18 years old. It was supposed to take place three years after the game, in which said ticklee would be 18. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not complaining about anything. I understand perfectly why the story was removed. Sometimes you just can't take any chances. I just wanted to let off some steam and let everyone know that while I understand the decision, I still think its ridiculous. Does anyone else feel this way? By the way, just in case there has been any confusion, I DO NOT in any way, shape, or form condone or support underage tickling. If I offended anyone I would like to apologize. Anyway, thats all I have to say. Peace.

I totally agree with you..... at the risk of p*ssing off all the lawyers here, it's their fault. This country is ridiculous when it comes to lawsuits. I mean you said it yourself. You can't take any chances because any slight misstep (or even a seeming misstep) can open up a floodgate of litigation. So, as much as sometimes, I just think it's fiction and all fun, because of the potential problems it could cause, people have to be very careful about it. It's the same when it comes to things like being gay, race, etc. I mean when you can't describe someone by pointing out their color because that may offend someone.... c'mon that's crazy. There's one black guy on our basketball team that my friends and I play. And when someone tries to describe who he is, they use every description possible.... Um, how bout he's the only black dude on the team? Oh, wait but that would be racist???? I mean c'mon. Like I said, sometimes things become so overblown and oversensitive it's crazy. I hear you man. I'm not trying to start anything here either. Just responding to your venting post and letting you know that you're not alone. And I know your frustration is not at the moderators or this forum... it's just to the way society is shaped right now when it comes to certain issues.

It Doesn't Belong Here In ANY Form

Its an ADULT forum.

It's a video game. If it was about an actual celeb that could be offended by it or have a right to sue, then maybe...you know...celebs like this:

http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?t=37116

A fictional story about Amanda Bynes and Hillary Duff....posted in 2003..when BOTH were STILL underage. Yet the beginning of the story says "This happens in 2005..they're both 18"....similar to the Kingdom Hearts story.

But yet THAT story not only slips the radar, but ends up in a author's archive. I say bullshit, and I say double standard.

It seems to me that if you blatantly stated the character(s) involved were eighteen years of age or over then there should be no problem. If people do wish to write stories about under eighteens I'm sure there are plenty of other places to upload them but here on the TMF the rule is eighteen and over only, anything is else is disrespectful and it's not like people can't have just as much fun with characters over eighteen.

Obviously you're not one of those people who disregards the rules. I'd be happy to support you in reposting the story with it's statement of the characters being over eighteen. PM me if you'd like my help.

I seem to have been slightly misunderstood. I do not usually write stories about anyone under 18, I do most of my work on request. I was NOT complaining about the rule, I was simply venting frustration about the stupidity of the whole thing. I don't really care about the whole underage thing too much, I was simply a bit peeved that a story that I took the time to write was removed (plus I'd just slammed down a 40, which didn't exactly help). So please, do not think that I am supporting the depiction of minors being tickled. That is not the case. I was simply frustrated. I apologize if I have offended anyone.

I understand perfectly. No one is shouting 'Pedophile' here. All I'm saying, is that if you clearly stated all parties involved where over 18 then your story should not have been removed.

To put the blame where it belongs, I was the one who removed the story and politely explained to the writer why it was removed. And to his credit, I understand and appreciate his follow-up post for its degree of civility. Under ordinary circumstances, I would usually remove a post that serves no other purpose than to complain about an already-decided Moderator action, but have chosen to leave this one and respond for two reasons. One, because the poster, as stated, was civil; stating that he understood the rule but had questions. And two, it's probably time to respond to those of you who question this policy of not allowing "ageing" in stories or artwork.

The staff here has spent a lot of time discussing our policies and nothing is decided lightly. After much consideration it was decided that a Zero Tolerance policy was needed regarding minor content. This includes ageing known minor characters. Magically deciding that a minor is no longer one is simply not enough to skirt this rule. If we were to allow this, then there would be absolutely no regard for the No Minors policy when it comes to art and fiction...everyone would simply age thier characters and we all know it. Then, we would have to constantly justify to everyone our decision to allow kiddie fiction and art to stand while images and clips get removed. People could just as easily say "Well, just imagine the girl in the photo is 18."

And, to answer the concern of Malevolentchaos...there is no preferential treatment regarding a story being in someone's archive. This is a large (very large) forum and we have a small staff of Moderators. We simply can't catch everything. This is where we need members to use the report function to let us know of violations so we can take appropriate action. If you were so concerned about this story, you could have done just that but chose not to do so, using this thread to complain instead. This accomplishes nothing. Rest assured, we will remove minor content where we see it and are not letting anything slide out of preferential treatment.

In closing, let me say that this thread will not become a debate thread for the purpose of changing our views of ageing minor characters. Believe me, we've been through it over and over. It's not going to change. Period. Sorry.

I hope this has answered some of your concerns.

Dave2112, thank you for posting that, you've cleared some things up for me. Please know that I do not blame you for removing my story, I understand perfectly why you did it, even if I don't agree with it. Once more, I'd like to apologize if I've created any undue confusion or if I've been beating a dead horse, so to speak. And thats all I have to say about that. Peace.

I'll just chime in quickly with one last quick note; that all seems perfectly understandable. I wasn't aware that aging of minor characters was against the rules but it seems to make sense from Dave's explanation.

Dave2112 said:
To put the blame where it belongs, I was the one who removed the story and politely explained to the writer why it was removed. And to his credit, I understand and appreciate his follow-up post for its degree of civility. Under ordinary circumstances, I would usually remove a post that serves no other purpose than to complain about an already-decided Moderator action, but have chosen to leave this one and respond for two reasons. One, because the poster, as stated, was civil; stating that he understood the rule but had questions. And two, it's probably time to respond to those of you who question this policy of not allowing "ageing" in stories or artwork.

The staff here has spent a lot of time discussing our policies and nothing is decided lightly. After much consideration it was decided that a Zero Tolerance policy was needed regarding minor content. This includes ageing known minor characters. Magically deciding that a minor is no longer one is simply not enough to skirt this rule. If we were to allow this, then there would be absolutely no regard for the No Minors policy when it comes to art and fiction...everyone would simply age thier characters and we all know it. Then, we would have to constantly justify to everyone our decision to allow kiddie fiction and art to stand while images and clips get removed. People could just as easily say "Well, just imagine the girl in the photo is 18."

And, to answer the concern of Malevolentchaos...there is no preferential treatment regarding a story being in someone's archive. This is a large (very large) forum and we have a small staff of Moderators. We simply can't catch everything. This is where we need members to use the report function to let us know of violations so we can take appropriate action. If you were so concerned about this story, you could have done just that but chose not to do so, using this thread to complain instead. This accomplishes nothing. Rest assured, we will remove minor content where we see it and are not letting anything slide out of preferential treatment.

In closing, let me say that this thread will not become a debate thread for the purpose of changing our views of ageing minor characters. Believe me, we've been through it over and over. It's not going to change. Period. Sorry.

I hope this has answered some of your concerns.

Guess you should start banning any images of anime. Since most are drawn as minors, but even the Japanese use a bullshit disclaimer about them not being minors. Let's also start ban people who use video's that say "she looks like a teenager" or "barely legal" for that matter, who promote themselves as minors but "really aren't".

It's fiction, in this fictional tale, the characters are of age. They may be related in name to actual people or characters, but let's face it... they aren't related in any way, business or personal, and they are only tied in your own mind. I could make a story about Alex Mack. Do you know her age? The actress who played her is now an adult, and the character in my story is an adult, but the show was aired when she was a child. You're going to play law and kill the story as well?

Hey, it's your job, do whatever toots your horn my friend. I respect your writing, since it's superb, but I sure as hell don't respect these overdone viewpoints. Extremely American in philosophy, which is being forced upon us regardless of whatever. Yes it's a small moderator group, so perhaps take that into your calculation when you come up with these ideas that 'never' change.

This community consists of more than just you. Evenin' to you.

Yes, this forum consists of more than just me, and this didn't come from just me, or just the Staff for that matter. The vast majority of the adults here are uncomfortable with minors being aged. It's a loophole and you know it.

What frightens me is people that go to such lengths to debate thier "rights" to deal with minors. Truly. Is it that important to you? I certainly hope not....and I really mean that, I'm not being facetious.

Scinsor, I appreciate the way you shaped your responses and hope things have been explained. Everyone else, there's no anger here and I do wish to listen to all viewpoints. However, this is really not open for debate. It will just go on and on from the various rules-lawyers who cannot resist jumping on.

For further explanation and the last word on this, see this new Sticky:

Minors and Ageing

Thank you for your time.

just change the age of the lee..what's his name did it in his Felicity Cheerleader series..and it's one of the best series on this forum..damn i can't remember his name..and i nominated him last year for the Golden Feather..grrrrr jbc , jkd, or jkb or something like that..i mean change the ages of the characters..

Izzy, we're not talking about characters that authors have made up. If these are found, the author is more than welcome to change the age of the character and repost it. What is at issue here are pre-conceived or pre-existing characters that are underaged and being used by members in thier stories or artwork, ie: Disney characters, Sailor Moon girls and stuff like that. Original characters are completely created by the authors and they have control of them, as long as they adhere to the rules.

isabeau said:
just change the age of the lee..what's his name did it in his Felicity Cheerleader series..and it's one of the best series on this forum..damn i can't remember his name..and i nominated him last year for the Golden Feather..grrrrr jbc , jkd, or jkb or something like that..i mean change the ages of the characters..

JKB. "Felicia the Cheerleader".

Thanks.

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back