• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Small Rant

Mussolini & Me

:ranty:

When my fascist regime takes over the United States, low-level English proficiency will be punishable in accordance with newly-implemented "Nuisance Codes." Possible penalizations include a small fine, imprisonment overnight for "Public Mutilation and Desecration of the Language of Majority," and requisite public service (reading to the deaf for one evening a week).

Yeah, I meant deaf.

I wouldn't inflict that on anyone who could actually hear it.

Additionally, those repeatedly convicted (by special tribunal) of the aforementioned violation would be delegated to entry-level service-industry employment and legally restricted from promotion past a basic supervisory position, lest their inability to accurately convey and/or receive basic instructions via standard methods of communication should result in a dire mishap on the job. A series of difficult, standardized exams would be put in place to determine the duration of such a fate and the periodic possibility of a return to a more lucrative income level.

Basically... Anyone who can't understand the preceding paragraph is going to become a grocery clerk in 9 - 10 years.

Recognizably super-standard English proficiency would, in turn, be rewarded.

Admittedly, I'm still not quite sure how.

It will happen... :Grrr:

Hey, they'd better be able to read the manual on
how to properly bag my groceries, or we're gonna
have some issues! *grin*

Lee

LeeAllure said:
Hey, they'd better be able to read the manual on
how to properly bag my groceries, or we're gonna
have some issues! *grin*

Lee

Its one of lifes small joys to even find someone who can bag groceries in a proper manner these days....

Okay, here we go.

First of all, spelling mistakes are one thing. No one is perfect. Sometimes people speel things incorrectly, as to err is human. but srsly, if u r so lazy tht u hav 2 spell shit liek this, YOU NEED TO BE SHOT. It doesn't take all that much effort to make your fingers hit the right keys! Shit, it's HARDER to type like that, for Christ's sake!

Secondly, the intarwebz is serious business. :illogical Far too many people take things too seriously online, and expect to be taken seriously as well. No one will ever take you seriously if you type like a retarded baby monkey with one eye.

Finally, If YoU eVEr TyPe LiKe ThIs, AnD i CaTcH yOu, I will choke you to death, I swear.

ViperGTS said:
Okay, here we go.

First of all, spelling mistakes are one thing. No one is perfect. Sometimes people speel things incorrectly, as to err is human. but srsly, if u r so lazy tht u hav 2 spell shit liek this, YOU NEED TO BE SHOT. It doesn't take all that much effort to make your fingers hit the right keys! Shit, it's HARDER to type like that, for Christ's sake!

Secondly, the intarwebz is serious business. :illogical Far too many people take things too seriously online, and expect to be taken seriously as well. No one will ever take you seriously if you type like a retarded baby monkey with one eye.

Finally, If YoU eVEr TyPe LiKe ThIs, AnD i CaTcH yOu, I will choke you to death, I swear.

lol Calm down there Mike Tyson. It'll be ok. We'll get through it together.

Behave or we will put you both at the "kiddie" table at nest.... :blaugh:

venray said:
Behave or we will put you both at the "kiddie" table at nest.... :blaugh:

Ray, I know that the memory is the first to go, so I will remind you about hijacking threads. :redheart: ;)

Last edited:
Ahem..I believe the "mike tyson comment" was the first hijack and in 11 days I shall teach you to "respect" your elders...... :devil:

Anybody remember one of the old cigarette commercials on TV used to say, "What do you want? Good grammar or good taste?"

For me good grammar and spelling go hand in hand with good taste, particularly when posting. I make an effort at both, although I do still occasionally miss an error.

What amazes me is that one or two of these horrendous spellers actually have their own story archive! In my humble opinion, nobody who spells that badly has any business writing stories.

As for online abbreviations, the only ones I use are LOL and LMAO and BRB. Those have been pretty much ingraned in me. I wish the abbreviations had stopped there, but they've led to some serious laziness: BTW, IRL, IMHO...etc. It's gotten so out of hand, I'm considering personally restricting their use to chat rooms. In the forums, I think I prefer to spell it out.

Last edited:
drew70 said:
What amazes me is that one or two of these horrendous spellers actually have their own story archive! In my humble opinion, nobody who spells that badly has any business writing stories.

A-flipping-men!

Lee
(who's been reading since she was three, has read more books
in her lifetime than most people, and realises that there are
more good books to read than she has time for, so refuses to
waste time on crap)

I've said it a million times (ok ok, only once) before and I'll say it again:

the spelling and grammar on this board is above average-to-excellent compared to most other boards. I like that.

while were having a rant...I cant stand overweight unfit people, seriously how hard is it to get off your fat ass exercise and eat right...

and before you all get out your knives in reply...I was making a point - you can't control what people do nor should it really be a concern to anyone else what others do.

Ku5t

drew70 said:

In my opinion (and as usual, it should be noted that the word "humble" can never be attached to that prefix), there are people in there who have no business anyway, in attempting literature in any means, shape or form, but then, that's a story for another day.

german said:
and before you all get out your knives in reply...I was making a point - you can't control what people do nor should it really be a concern to anyone else what others do.

It is certainly a concern to me if, while standing next to me, you decide to fart. After all, after the fact, it's something you did. Correct? :shock:

german said:
while were having a rant...I cant stand overweight unfit people, seriously how hard is it to get off your fat ass exercise and eat right...

Ku5t

As someone who reads a lot, it's a concern to me that my reading
material remains legible and coherent. So, if I refuse to patronize
"writers" who refuse to learn to use proper English, grammar and
punctuation, perhaps the lack of money/response/praise, etc, will
help convince them to

1) either move on to other places where I don't read, and where
the folks who do, barely care what they take in
or
2) upgrade their knowledge and start presenting their ideas in a
way others can read and understand easily.
3) want the money/response/praise that other writers get, and
recognise that there is a difference in their un-disciplined
drivel, and what other people are putting out.

I don't think that someone who performs badly in almost any
situation should be praised, NOR do I think they should feel
hurt when someone points out what a bad job they're doing.

Low standards hurt everyone, and if people sink to accepting the
lowest common denominator as OK, then the world goes to hell
in a handbasket. That may be fine for you, but it isn't for me,
and I'm going to keep exercising my right to be excellent, and
to have excellence surround me.

Lee

Last edited:
Sadly, mediocre seems to be the trend these days Lee.

*Don't worry about the kids, Ray. We'll just send some Shirley Temples to their table and they will be fine.* :jester:

I still get a little cringey when I see misspelled words, but I'm so glad I chilled out on that somewhat over the years because there are a lot of great people that aren't spelling bee champs.

They still irritate me every bit as much as they did 13 years ago. I just don't have the energy to post about it anymore. &#55357;&#56841;

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back