• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Simple way to stop zombie threads?

ngauntjsmith

TMF Poster
Just a thought,

Is it possible to amend the phpBB code so that posts from previous years have a different background color?

If you were viewing a thread from 2004 that some dude foolishly revived with an "i dont see the clip" post, this would make it immediately obvious.

I'm sure it's possible for a php programmer to do this, it's just a matter of whether someone feels it's worth the bother. If you want to be really sophisticated, you could make posts over 6 months old color-coded so people can distinguish posts from 2006 from posts from 2001.

Ng

This is doable with some custom mods, but I always found it fairly simple to look at the date the thread was posted, which is always included on the opening post. I figure that if people don't notice that, a different color will not have much of an impact either.

Myriads

Except that:

1. The list of threads only gives the date of the last post in the thread. To see the date the thread started, you have to go into the thread and look at the first post.

2. And the first post may be on a different page, if the thread is a long one.

3. And finally, the date is given in a smaller font size, i.e. reading it involves "reading the fine print." Especially since the year of the post is in the center of the date-and-time string rather than the end.

IOW the date of the thread is something you have to hunt for, rather than something obvious at a glance the way a different background color would be.

Now if the date of the first post were given in the threads-in-forum list, then your suggestion to just look at the thread date would have much more merit.

E.g. give the first post date right after the thread starter:

Actual Tickling, a thread
J_random_poster, 09-16-2001

rather than just giving the thread starter

Actual Tickling, a thread
J_random_poster

What's New

4/16/2024
Clips4Sale is the webs largest site to buy fetish clips! Visit today.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back