• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Bluto tickles Olive-clearest clip I've seen

pips33pips said:
... arguably the best mainstream cartoon scene ever...

I TOTALLY agree w/this statement!!! This 'toon ( as well as the other Popeye cartoon that featured an outstanding Olive-foot-tickle-scene , "Shiver Me Timbers" ) has as much to do w/me having a tickle-fetish as anything else! Watching this scene unfold as a young child had me so mesmirized , that even then ... at such a young age ... I knew that the act of tickling was something that I had a great interest/passion in.

Thanks for posting the link to this outstanding , all-time-great scene , pips33pips!!!

Your welcome

Your welcome TKLMAN...I just stumbled upon this clip and noticed it was longer and ALOT clearer than the one that's been floating around the TK community for quite some time.

This forum has been fantastic as far as being able to share my fetish with others and not feeling like a total freak.

Any little thing I can contribute whether it's this clip or my little TK/Wrestling crusade with ringdivas.com make me feel like I belong...even though I feel like a rookie with my 189 posts

Thanks...

Pips

pips33pips said:
This is the clearest clip of arguably the best mainstream cartoon scene ever...

Pips
Thanks. Olive is still one of the best female cartoon ticklees after all these years. Too bad her laughter in Shiver Me Timbers! isn't as good as it is here. Still, each of her torments has its merits. :)

jts963 said:
Thanks. Olive is still one of the best female cartoon ticklees after all these years. Too bad her laughter in Shiver Me Timbers! isn't as good as it is here. Still, each of her torments has its merits. :)

It used to be Olive for me but she has since been replaced by Muriel from 'Courage The Cowardly Dog' Too bad Muriel wasn't tickled by the Eggplant People.

Looks Like There's A Few Of Us That Have Some LOVE For Ol' Ms. Oyl ...

... so let's discuss her! ... or this scene in particular.

First of all ... I cannot say enough about just HOW much I love this scene! Sometimes I think I'm a wee bit crazy for being so passionate about it , but I just can't help it!

Since I've watched this 'toon a bazillion times & have picked it apart & have analyzed it like I'm about to write a thesis on it , here are just SOME of the things I adore about it :

1) The sheer SIZE of Olive's feet ( foot ) ... the simple fact that she can snag the edge of the I-beam w/one of her gunboats as she backs up off it & before she falls just sends me into a tizzy! She then proceeds to hang off the friggin' girder by ONE FOOT! If her shoe-size were any smaller , she probably wouldn't be capable of such a feat ( pun intended ).

2) Bluto is the friggin' MAN!!! ... okay. He moves towards Olive in a threatning & menacing manner down the length of the steel girder. Olive isn't watching where she's going , but Bluto ( I'm assuming ) can see past her & see where she's headed ... yet he keeps coming at her! What are his intentions? ... to get his mitts on her & throttle her? ... or to back her off the beam & simply let her fall to her death? There's no way he could've known or planned for Olive's 'foot-save' , but lo & behold , he is suddenly presented w/an absolute gift! While slightly shocked/amazed/surprised , he quickly recognizes the opportunity before him. He chuckles to himself at his good fortune ... leans down ... gets comfy ... PEELS THE SOLE OF HER SHOE AWAY ... & then begins to torture our helpless heroine by tickling the living shit out of her defenseless foot!!! What is his intention now?! ... to simply enjoy himself by tormenting poor Olive?! ... or try to coerce her tootsie to release her already shaky grip/hold on the I-beam ( in the funnest way possible ) & fall to her death?!

3) I cannot stress enough how amazing the 'shoe-peel-action' is! ... so Bluto decides he's gonna have some fun & tickle this poor woman who is hanging off the end of a bridge by her foot ... ON her foot!!! How is he going to go about doing this? He can't rightly take OFF her shoe w/o having her remove her foot from the beam thus causing her to plunge to her ... well y'know. So , good ol' resourceful Bluto decides to take the direct approach & have the sole of her shoe make like a banana & peel that motherfCENSOREDer clean away!!! Viola ... easy access!!! ... & the best part? It always appeared to me that Olive wore socks/stockings ( that white part at the top of her shoe/boot ) & simply rolled 'em down 'til they met shoe. Well , thanks to Bluto's shoe-peeling-shenanigans , what's revealed to him ( & us ) is nothing but jaw-droppingly , mouth-wateringly , eye-poppingly , excrutiatingly SENSITIVE FOOT-FLESH!!! ... & lots of it!!!

4) OLIVE'S REACTION!!! ... Wow!!! Simply marvelous!!! As we see Bluto tormenting Olive's giant tootsie ( complete w/wild toe-wiggling! ) , the camera pans down to show us an absolutely hysterical Ms. Oyl!!! Not only are we treated to some of the best cartoon-laughter EVER , but some of the best tickle-antics , as well!!! In an effort to dull the maddening sensations coming from her foot , she actually starts to HIT HERSELF IN THE HEAD! WOW ... now that's ticklish!!! What else is she to do , though? She can't very well escape the torment by letting go the recipient of this cruel torture from its perch & plunge downwards to oblivion. Nope. To prevent herself from falling , she can only KEEP her foot where it is & continue to receive the agonizing & frustrating treatment to her ticklish sole! Her only relief ... to wriggle her toes frantically & punch herself in the dome-piece!!!

Like pips33pips said ... "arguably the best mainstream cartoon scene ever"!!!

TKLMAN said:
... so let's discuss her! ... or this scene in particular.

First of all ... I cannot say enough about just HOW much I love this scene! Sometimes I think I'm a wee bit crazy for being so passionate about it , but I just can't help it!

Since I've watched this 'toon a bazillion times & have picked it apart & have analyzed it like I'm about to write a thesis on it , here are just SOME of the things I adore about it :

1) The sheer SIZE of Olive's feet ( foot ) ... the simple fact that she can snag the edge of the I-beam w/one of her gunboats as she backs up off it & before she falls just sends me into a tizzy! She then proceeds to hang off the friggin' girder by ONE FOOT! If her shoe-size were any smaller , she probably wouldn't be capable of such a feat ( pun intended ).

2) Bluto is the friggin' MAN!!! ... okay. He moves towards Olive in a threatning & menacing manner down the length of the steel girder. Olive isn't watching where she's going , but Bluto ( I'm assuming ) can see past her & see where she's headed ... yet he keeps coming at her! What are his intentions? ... to get his mitts on her & throttle her? ... or to back her off the beam & simply let her fall to her death?
No chance of her falling to her death. They're on a (partial) bridge over water. In fact she, Popeye and Wimpy do fall later in the cartoon and they all just swim safely to shore.
TKLMAN said:
There's no way he could've known or planned for Olive's 'foot-save' , but lo & behold , he is suddenly presented w/an absolute gift! While slightly shocked/amazed/surprised , he quickly recognizes the opportunity before him. He chuckles to himself at his good fortune ... leans down ... gets comfy ... PEELS THE SOLE OF HER SHOE AWAY ... & then begins to torture our helpless heroine by tickling the living shit out of her defenseless foot!!! What is his intention now?! ... to simply enjoy himself by tormenting poor Olive?! ... or try to coerce her tootsie to release her already shaky grip/hold on the I-beam ( in the funnest way possible ) & fall to her death?!

3) I cannot stress enough how amazing the 'shoe-peel-action' is! ... so Bluto decides he's gonna have some fun & tickle this poor woman who is hanging off the end of a bridge by her foot ... ON her foot!!! How is he going to go about doing this? He can't rightly take OFF her shoe w/o having her remove her foot from the beam thus causing her to plunge to her ... well y'know. So , good ol' resourceful Bluto decides to take the direct approach & have the sole of her shoe make like a banana & peel that motherfCENSOREDer clean away!!! Viola ... easy access!!! ... & the best part? It always appeared to me that Olive wore socks/stockings ( that white part at the top of her shoe/boot ) & simply rolled 'em down 'til they met shoe. Well , thanks to Bluto's shoe-peeling-shenanigans , what's revealed to him ( & us ) is nothing but jaw-droppingly , mouth-wateringly , eye-poppingly , excrutiatingly SENSITIVE FOOT-FLESH!!! ... & lots of it!!!

4) OLIVE'S REACTION!!! ... Wow!!! Simply marvelous!!! As we see Bluto tormenting Olive's giant tootsie ( complete w/wild toe-wiggling! ) , the camera pans down to show us an absolutely hysterical Ms. Oyl!!! Not only are we treated to some of the best cartoon-laughter EVER , but some of the best tickle-antics , as well!!! In an effort to dull the maddening sensations coming from her foot , she actually starts to HIT HERSELF IN THE HEAD! WOW ... now that's ticklish!!! What else is she to do , though? She can't very well escape the torment by letting go the recipient of this cruel torture from its perch & plunge downwards to oblivion. Nope. To prevent herself from falling , she can only KEEP her foot where it is & continue to receive the agonizing & frustrating treatment to her ticklish sole! Her only relief ... to wriggle her toes frantically & punch herself in the dome-piece!!!

Like pips33pips said ... "arguably the best mainstream cartoon scene ever"!!!
My take: her shoes were custom-made, to be strong enough outside to support her weight like that, yet still be comfortable enough inside for her to not need socks or stockings. Never in her worst nightmare did she dream of encountering a tickler strong enough to peel away her shoe sole. This must have been especially maddening because it takes place after her hellish feet-tickling on board the ghost pirate ship. But she never used her other foot to push herself off the girder ... because she was irrationally afraid she might drown? Bad for her, good for Bluto and us. :devil2:

Addendum:

It just occurred to me that Olive never pushed herself off the bridge because she feared that Bluto would grab her other foot, position it on the girder, peel back that shoe sole and then have his evil way with both unbearably ticklish soles! :firedevil

Last edited:
The Remix/Extended vertion.

This is my remix of the afore mentioned clip. I worked it out with my Windows Movie Maker. Hope you like it.

A few more reasons why this clip is so awesome:

1) Bluto is so sadistic. Right as he begins running his finger up and down her sole, you can hear him subtly saying "itchy, kitchy, kitchy" as he goes to town on her.

2) The sound effects: the little ker-plop noise you hear when his finger touches her soles, and the scratching sound as he rakes her sole. That, and the subtle toe-wriggling.

3) If Popeye doesn't intervene, does Bluto ever plan on stopping? He looks pretty comfy up there, resting on the end of the beam. Poor Olive was looking at the mother of all tickle torture.

There's one other Popeye cartoon where tickling could have happened but didn't: King of the Mardi Gras. In it, Bluto throws Olive into a box and saws her in half. When the trick's done, we see the box fall apart, Olive's shoes are in one end, she's tucked her now-bare feet in the other.

How great it would have been if to prove the trick was real, Bluto has peeled away a shoe-bottom as in Bridge Ahoy and given her a little kitchy-koo.

jts963 said:
No chance of her falling to her death. They're on a (partial) bridge over water. In fact she, Popeye and Wimpy do fall later in the cartoon and they all just swim safely to shore.

Yeah , maybe 'falling to her death' is a bit much , but still ... in the reality of the 'toon , there must be some amount of peril involved. Otherwise , Olive wouldn't have felt the need to hang on w/her foot like that & just take all that foot-punishment unnecessarily.

Besides ... if you fall from a great enough height , hitting water can be just like hitting concrete. I know , I know ... Popeye , Olive , & Wimpy eventually end up falling into the water below , anyway ... but a lot of the time , cartoons don't necessarily follow a logical continuity ( I can't tell you how many Tom & Jerry cartoons I've watched where Tom gets maimed in some way , only to be chasing Jerry again in the very next scene apparently unharmed ).

In my mind ... during this scene at that particular time ( where she's hanging off the girder ) , the animator's intent was this : if Olive lets go w/her foot ... she's a goner ( or at least : it ain't good if she falls ). Hence , the continued 'hanging-on-for-dear-life' display by Olive whilst receiving the torture of a lifetime ... & being unable to do a thing about it!!!

jts963 said:
My take: her shoes were custom-made, to be strong enough outside to support her weight like that, yet still be comfortable enough inside for her to not need socks or stockings. Never in her worst nightmare did she dream of encountering a tickler strong enough to peel away her shoe sole. This must have been especially maddening because it takes place after her hellish feet-tickling on board the ghost pirate ship. But she never used her other foot to push herself off the girder ... because she was irrationally afraid she might drown? Bad for her, good for Bluto and us. :devil2:

Addendum:

It just occurred to me that Olive never pushed herself off the bridge because she feared that Bluto would grab her other foot, position it on the girder, peel back that shoe sole and then have his evil way with both unbearably ticklish soles! :firedevil

This is an interesting take on her 'peel-away-shoes' & 'no socks/stockings' ... & I like it. Though , since the animators clearly drew her with socks/stockings ( that white part rolled down to her boot/shoe ) , the fact her sole is bare when Bluto peels back the sole of her shoe can be attributed to the reason I stated above ... which is : cartoons don't necessarily follow a logical continuity.

Are we taking this way too seriously? ... probably. Is it fun to chat about? ... definitely! Either way , your original closing statement rings loud & true , jts963 ... 'bad for her , good for Bluto ... & us'!

I LOVE talking about this legendary scene!!!

lefty said:
A few more reasons why this clip is so awesome:

1) Bluto is so sadistic. Right as he begins running his finger up and down her sole, you can hear him subtly saying "itchy, kitchy, kitchy" as he goes to town on her.

Great choice of words ... sadistic & goes to town on her ... NICE!

lefty said:
2) The sound effects: the little ker-plop noise you hear when his finger touches her soles, and the scratching sound as he rakes her sole. That, and the subtle toe-wriggling.

Yeah ... the sound effects are pretty interesting , like : A) the thud Olive's foot makes as it catches & lands on the I-beam ... B) the creaking-sound heard as the sole of Olive's shoe is peeled back ... C) the "ohs" you can hear Olive uttering as she first snags the beam , through Bluto's sole-peeling process , & up to the point where his first finger-stroke touches down on her delicious , defenseless sole ... D) the manic giggling heard coming from Olive before the camera pans down her body to her face & she REALLY starts going crazy!!! ... I can go on & on!

lefty said:
3) If Popeye doesn't intervene, does Bluto ever plan on stopping? He looks pretty comfy up there, resting on the end of the beam. Poor Olive was looking at the mother of all tickle torture.

EXCELLENT point , lefty!!! WOW ... I love how you worded this! Yeah , in my fantasies , the tickle-torture of poor Ms. Oyl goes on for a LOT longer than it does in this scene! ... & you're right ... Bluto does seem pretty comfortable w/his situation. Was he ever planning on stopping?!?! What was his agenda? Honestly ... he probably wasn't looking that far ahead & just living in the moment ....... just having a good ol' time tickle-torturing a helpless , large-footed woman hanging off a bridge w/no consequences to himself!!!

lefty said:
There's one other Popeye cartoon where tickling could have happened but didn't: King of the Mardi Gras. In it, Bluto throws Olive into a box and saws her in half. When the trick's done, we see the box fall apart, Olive's shoes are in one end, she's tucked her now-bare feet in the other.

How great it would have been if to prove the trick was real, Bluto has peeled away a shoe-bottom as in Bridge Ahoy and given her a little kitchy-koo.

Yeah ... I remember this one , too ... & yer right again! This would have been great if Bluto tickled Olive's feet in this situation! I also remember , in Popeye's first Fleischer-produced 'toon ( titled Popeye the Sailor w/a guest appearance by Betty Boop ) , Olive at one point gets tied to a set of railroad tracks ... only to have it wind up as another opportunity missed ( for some foot-tickling ).

Baldfeather said:
It used to be Olive for me but she has since been replaced by Muriel from 'Courage The Cowardly Dog' Too bad Muriel wasn't tickled by the Eggplant People.
I really would love to see the clip where Dr Le Quack is tickling Muriels foot, havent seen that in years. Great clip!

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back