• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

NEST Threads

MrPartickler

1st Level Red Feather
OK. I'm really not trying to seem like a curmudgeon or "NEST scrooge" here (lol), but could there be a NEST sticky or something to contain the many, many threads about it?

It's great, it's wonderful, but with all the countdown to NEST threads, intro to NEST threads, NEST advertisement threads, and other anticipatory/prelude threads in the months prior, coupled with the "I'm here at NEST and this is what's happening threads" in the days during, then the "My NEST recap" and "thanks for the memories of NEST" threads afterward it gets to be a little much on the main board, IMO. This is especially true considering that far less than 1% of the TMF membership will probably ever attend this event.

Again, I'm not asking to banish any such threads to the "exile" of the gatherings subforum. However, maybe a simple NEST sticky in the main forum to focus all the NEST preparations, adulations, etc. would keep things a little more contained for those who are interested to post and view topics about it. And others, who wish to discuss or read about other topics, will be able to access those more easily as well.

As NEST is the communities largest gathering each year we feel it's justified to let the threads appear in TKDis and such. We allow other gatherings to be reported upon in like ways. Basically they are a very valid point of discussion for the community.

Also, The time frame that these threads will be active is low, and most will fade in a week.

Yes, for those who cannot go it's a bummer to see them. But then many are depressed by all the media showing tickling they cannot do either... They will pass. Patience.

Myriads

Thanks for the quick response, Myr. No worries.

I should say though, I personally never found the NEST posts depressing. Rather I just find their overabundance, well, distracting. And it seems like there's ample means for "compression." But as you say, this too shall pass. lol I just had to put it out there just in case anyone else felt similarly. I guess not.

Personally I find all the NEST threads refreshing, and not just because I'm one of the attendees. At least NEST threads are about actual tickling and the tickling community doing something; the threads they 'distract' from are mostly the same old-same old that you're tired of if you've been a member for more than a month; some anorexic celebrity's feet or whether girls are more ticklish when they're sad/happy/blonde/dead :illogical .
I understand that NEST is more interesting to some of us than others, but if you really need to know if Paris Hilton is more ticklish the drunker she gets or whether brown toes feel different I'm sure you can find that thread despite all the NEST talk.

/rant :fish:

Bella

I wonder if it would help to put NEST threads in the Gatherings section? Perhaps make this a general policy for discussion threads about gatherings?

Actually, I wouldn't mind having the NEST threads put in one tidy place, myself. I love reading up on them but the biggest problem with it is that I have to plow through pages and pages in tickling discussion to do it. It takes forever thanks to my crappy dial-up...And because I'm lazy.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back