• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

cancel my account / delete my account

danwolverine

hello,

i want to delete my account. i do not see any easy to use icon or phrase to click. how do i cancel my account ? can the admin team take care of this for me ?

thank you,
dan

TMF policy is to not delete members. If you wish your presence removed as much as possible I suggest clearing your profile of all personal information and then logging out of the board forever. If you want some extra assurance change your password to some random combination of characters (Type it out in some text editor, copy it, and paste it in the password and confirm password boxes) and then log out. Soon as you forget the password you can't get back in (If you change your email to a fake one too so the password cannot be reset).

Heh.

Maybe the mods should put a sticky at the top of this sub-forum entitled: WE CAN'T DELETE YOUR ACCOUNTS! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY WON'T YOU PEOPLE BELIEVE US???

As for the random password thingy, they could do what I do when I download pictures that have the same name as one of my other files: I slap my open hand down on the keyboard and save it as whatever I come up with. In this instance, they just don't look at the finished product.

That's what I said once but then someone with a brain pointed out that you have to confirm your password. Confirming random keystrokes is difficult, eh? :D

Please cancel my account......

... oh wait.. I am sorry.. I thought this was the Columbia House CD club:veryhappy:xpulcy:

That's what I said once but then someone with a brain pointed out that you have to confirm your password. Confirming random keystrokes is difficult, eh? :D

Yeah because the copy and paste feature isn't an option....... :rolleyes:

:bouncybou

Depending on your browser they may not allow you to copy the "asterisked-out" password you type in. I've tried to just copy it before with no success.

do copy on something like notepad before you put it in either place. just paste it into both boxes.

There needs to be an easier way to delete accounts.
Why?
You can delete your posts as long as they are not the first post in a thread.
You edit your posts that are the first post in a thread so that all they contain is "XXX".
You can edit your profile so that it is empty.
You can log out and never log in again.

Or you can skip the first three steps and just log out and never log in again.

Why?
You can delete your posts as long as they are not the first post in a thread.
You edit your posts that are the first post in a thread so that all they contain is "XXX".
You can edit your profile so that it is empty.
You can log out and never log in again.
Or you can skip the first three steps and just log out and never log in again.

What the man said.
Plus, it's not the responsibility of the owners to erase your internet history.

Might I ask why this is?

Reason #1 is that the forums database dislikes it and over time it causes issues. This is a bug in the code, but it's a real problem that we also have to live with. So we try not to poke the bug.

Reason #2 We are not your internet janitor. The fact that Google indexes everything everyday AND you can look at those old search indices means that even if you erase stuff here it can still be found there. And if you want to hide it from casual searches you can just edit the posts to blank yourself.

Reason #3 People can't make up their minds. I remember a user that we deleted seven times in our early days. He'd create an account post for a while then go paranoid and want it all erased. We would, then two days later he'd be back (Often recreating with the name we just killed for them) and start the cycle over.

Reason #4 It's not fair to other members who may've posted in your thread. If you started a thread and people replied to it, then all their posts go poof when yours does. That is disrespectful to the time and effort they put in and just because you want to vanish, their work shouldn't.

Those are the biggies.

Myriads

What if it's an issue of safety? Say a female user is being harassed and has been or is afraid of being the victim of assault? You still deny that person the ability for account wipe?

What if it's an issue of safety? Say a female user is being harassed and has been or is afraid of being the victim of assault? You still deny that person the ability for account wipe?

You're really reaching now.
Posts can be deleted, identifying info can be changed/deleted, and even screen names can be changed.
What good would wiping the account do if someone is already being harassed or has even been assaulted?

Last edited:
Well there are two very simple options -1. Stop loggin in 2.Change email id & password and then forget it,that will decativate your profile.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back